Jose Fernandez killed in boating accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Fernandez killed in boating accident

Andy Slater of 940-AM WINZ reports that Jose Fernandez was killed early Sunday morning in a boating accident.
    He was one of three people killed in a crash off of Miami Beach. The Marlins have cancelled Sunday's game against the Braves following this unfathomably tragic news. Fernandez turned just 24 at the end of July and, of course, had already been through plenty with what he experienced in defecting from Cuba. Our thoughts go out to Fernandez's family and the Marlins during this horrific tragedy.

Re: Jose Fernandez killed in boating accident

This is easily the most traumatic loss of an active player in any sport to me. I have the extra innings package for baseball and always watched this kid pitch. He was such a great bubbly personality on the mound, I just loved watching him. I can't even imagine how his family feels...
    "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Cocaine & Booze In System During Crash

Comment

Originally posted by NYK View Post
        I think most people expected to hear something like this.
        Has to bring into question baseball and their drug testing policy.
        Season winding down, him coming into potential big money down the road...
        It's either he didn't care if he got suspended or knew testing was over with for the season.
        Still a tragedy and even more so with this news. Because it could have been avoided.

Comment

Originally posted by NYK View Post
          Wow. Thought this would have hit the light of day sooner had there been any suspicious stuff. Guess they wanted everyone to grieve before they found out the truth.
          "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Working...
          X