It's why I kept are AMOL alive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's why I kept are AMOL alive

I drove from Michigan to PA last week to speak at a childhood cancer awareness rally.
    I know a few people from on here follow our Facebook. But I'm often asked how can I do the things I do after losing my daughter.
    The following comments were posted on Facebook from a nice lady I met at the event.

"JD Marshall this is the first time I got to hear your speech (due to me being late that day) and all I can think about is your Mission Of Love. It was out of love that you drove 9 hours. It was out of the pure love for your daughter that you've made raising awareness for all of our cancer fighting kiddos your mission. I wish I could have met Stephanie. I wish the world could have met her! We need more kiddos and parents like the two of you.
    You are an inspiration and I'm so glad that we met each other. I wish it could have been on different terms but I'm proud to stand beside you and fight this evil monster. None of us ever wanted to be a part of this "club" or even imagine that we would be. But we all have each other, our voices, and the driving forces behind our missions....our beautiful kids who should never have had to fight for their lives.
    I know that beautiful angel of yours was with you that day and she's with you every day. I know she's also watching over all of our kids. Thank you for being an amazing parent, advocate and person! You embody what pediatric oncology parents everywhere should know- NO ONE FIGHTS ALONE!"

And
    "I was in tears listening to you. I was in tears after you introduced yourself to me that day. All of our kids may have had different cancers but its the same feeling. The raw truth, you and the other parents of our angels are living my worst nightmare. Your baby gained her wings. I cannot imagine the every day struggle. But you've put your grief into action for your baby. Your best friend is watching over, her wings glittering in the light...knowing she's brought all of us together to end the suffering. It's out of her life that you are going to save others. Hand in hand we will fight this until one day no parent ever has to hear those words. We are slowly being heard. Our voices are uniting and this is becoming a movement. I felt it when I met you. I know you're never going to stop until that day becomes a reality. I promise to be there every step of the way. For Stephanie, for Noelle, and for every child who has ever fought this and for every child who will be diagnosed until there is a cure.

Ever since we met, your family hasn't been far from my mind. I don't think that will ever go away and I'm going to make sure that your family is the driving force behind me doing everything I can, even on the days when I don't think I have much to run on."

Re: It's why I kept are AMOL alive

Great thing you are doing.I don't know if I would be as strong as you.

Still trying to win that PS4 for your charity.Another auction ends tomorrow evening.

Hope anyone who reads this goes to your page and either donates or buys a T-shirt.My wife wears hers proudly!
    2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
    5* 6-8
    15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
    10* GOY 1-0
    5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
    5* 18-12

Comment

Re: It's why I kept are AMOL alive

Originally posted by MacDaddy33 View Post
      Great thing you are doing.I don't know if I would be as strong as you.

Still trying to win that PS4 for your charity.Another auction ends tomorrow evening.

Hope anyone who reads this goes to your page and either donates or buys a T-shirt.My wife wears hers proudly!
      Thanks I appreciate everything you have done with us.
      Been trying to talk the hospital I work with to switch over to PS4 and also a streaming service for movies.
      The systems they have they don't make new games for and the DVD's either get scratched or stolen.

Comment

Working...
      X