Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wrestler Jimmy Snuka arrested, charged with third-degree murder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrestler Jimmy Snuka arrested, charged with third-degree murder.

"Superfly" Snuka, a former professional wrestler, was arrested Tuesday and will be charged with third-degree murder and involuntary manslaughter for the death of his girlfriend more than 32 years ago, Lehigh County authorities told the Allentown Morning Call.
    Snuka, 72, was arrested at his New Jersey home and arraigned at the Lehigh County Central Booking Center. He was sent to county jail, and bail was set at $100,000, according to the report.
    The charges stem from the death of Snuka's girlfriend Nancy Argentino in May of 1983. The Morning Call did an investigation last year into the death and revealed an autopsy reportedly labeled the case a homicide. At the time, Snuka was one of the then-World Wrestling Federation's biggest stars.
    That report had not been seen but when it was made public, Lehigh County District Attorney Jim Martin re-opened the case.
    The Call reached Argentino's sister Louise Argentino-Upham by phone. She said it's a relief, especially since her mother turns 90 this year and will be able to see justice served.
    "I think that it's been a long road," Argentino-Upham said. "They did the right thing in face of all the evidence."
    The autopsy also determined her injuries were consistent with being hit with a stationary object. In an autopsy report, forensic pathologist Isidore Mihalakis wrote that the case should be investigated as a homicide until proven otherwise.
    The original police investigation went cold June 1, 1983, after a follow-up interview with Snuka that was ordered by Lehigh Valley authorities.
    Snuka, now 72, was diagnosed with stomach cancer, his wife announced earlier this month.
    In 1985, the Argentino family won a $500,000 wrongful death case against Snuka by default, but Snuka never paid because he claimed he was broke and couldn't afford a legal defense, the paper reported.

Re: Wrestler Jimmy Snuka arrested, charged with third-degree murder.

That is crazy! Just now figuring out that]at he may have done it. Probably no way to prove it in court after 32 years. I will always remember the Piper Pit when Piper beat him with the coconut.

Comment

Re: Wrestler Jimmy Snuka arrested, charged with third-degree murder.

Originally posted by Swanson View Post
      That is crazy! Just now figuring out that]at he may have done it. Probably no way to prove it in court after 32 years. I will always remember the Piper Pit when Piper beat him with the coconut.
      I brought him in for a show I did years ago. He was my Moms favorite wrestler. I got hammered with him and the Samoans.
      He also kept sending drinks over to my Mom and my wife who didn't at the time know a long island ice tea wasn't just tea.
      When the damage was done he got all of us drunk including the designated driver. Thankfully the hotel was across the street from the hotel.
      I had heard the story a bunch of times about his girlfriends death but never really thought he could have done it.

Comment

Working...
      X