horse plays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: horse plays

Here are Goldberg's top-five picks for the Woodward Stakes. Post position in parenthesis. Horses not mentioned he is not considering for his exotics bets.

(8)Discreet Lover (8-1) – I like the No. 8 horse. He ran third in the Whitney Stakes and was third in the Suburban. Diversify was in both of those races and Diversify was the best handicap horse on the East Coast, and Discreet Lover ran in the money against him twice. Against these horses, it's taking a step down actually. This horse has run against the top handicap horses, and these are not, frankly. I think he's the best of this group.

(10)Seeking the Soul (9-2) – Trained by Dallas Stewart, he brings horses in here and they do very well, he's a very sharp trainer. Seeking the Soul took second at a stakes race in Indiana and won the Clark Handicap at Churchill. But that was last year. He's only run twice this year and seems to be coming around. Last year, winning the Clark was a big deal for him. He's won over $1M and he's got jockey Javier Castellano on him. He's going to have the right style and should be not far off.

(11)Leofric (20-1) – He's going to be a longshot. He won the West Virginia Governor's Stakes. He's always first or second. He was second in the Razorback at Oaklawn. Wherever he goes, he runs well. I love his jockey (Kendrick Carmouche), who brings longshots in all the time in New York, and Brad Cox is a real good trainer. They're taking a shot with this horse, and I think they know what they're doing entering this race.

(9)Gunnevera (4-1) – He had a longer layoff, then at Gulfstream came off the pace and won going away. He likes this track. Last year he was second in the Travers Stakes at 24/1. He's had two races at Saratoga, won one and ran second in the other. He was very impressive in his comeback in Dubai. He looks like he's ready to run his best race.

(1)Yoshida (5-1) – He's a turf horse. Normally you don't like turf horses, he's never won on dirt. But (trainer William) Mott's got him in there taking a shot.

EXOTICS

Exacta Box 8,10,11

Exacta Box 8,10,11,1 (smaller)

Trifecta box 8,10 with 8,10 and 11,9,1

Comment

thanks jim . haven't looked yet
      ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

added R4 5 kentucky downs
        ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

added saratoga 3

Comment

added del mar 9

Comment

added R11 dmr

Comment

saratoga

R2 #4 exchange fever (4-1)
                R4 exacta 6/248

#4 graceful princess (7-2) is the monster pedigree amongst many good ones in here ..tapit out of the multiple gI eclipse winning mare havre de grace working tremendous.. guessing 3-2...so going to try to beat with #6 FANCY THAT a godolpin homebred with a big pedigree also... trained by mclaughlin who's having a big meet.. including #4 underneath along with 2 others

Comment

saratoga

R2 #4 exchange fever (4-1)
                  R4 exacta 6/248

#4 graceful princess (7-2) is the monster pedigree amongst many good ones in here ..tapit out of the multiple gI eclipse winning mare havre de grace working tremendous.. guessing 3-2...so going to try to beat with #6 FANCY THAT a godolpin homebred with a big pedigree also... trained by mclaughlin who's having a big meet.. including #4 underneath along with 2 others

R6 #2 roziere (9-2) both this and R7 exped horses
                  R7 #6 utiki (10-1)

saratoga R10 prioress 6f for 3yo grade II

#10 purfect miss (30-1)

there's lots of reasons to like her if she runs her best race including breaking her maiden here last year as a 2yo.. she's run 3 bad races in her 6 race career and imo all forgivable .. once running up close to a lighting fast pace in the frizzete (a mile race) last year at belmont...catching a sloppy track at pimlico in her 3yo debut (bad sloppy track pedigree).. taking on older nw 2x ot allowance
                  horses last out and these are still better than 3yo stakes horses at this point according to pars.. race 2 back won on the front end vs n1x ot allowance horses.. think shot at a big price
                  Last edited by bleeker; 09-02-2018, 03:50 PM.

Comment

added R6 7

Comment

added R10

Comment

dmr

R5 #8 kim k (6-1)
                        R6 #6 seeking refuge (20-1)

Comment

dmr

R5 #8 kim k (6-1)
                          R7 #7 summer rose (5-1)

gonna look at last race later

Comment

added dmr 7

Comment

dmr R10 del mar derby 1 1/8 Turf

#1 epical (20-1)

his last race matches up with anybody in here but because
                              it was an allowance race he's 20-1 ml..pace figures included in above comment..trainer having a bad meet might contribute to it also

Comment

saratoga

R1 #1 eliav (5-1)

sprint oriented pedigree, cost decent amount relative to pedigree (not outrageous),rudy rodriguez can have one ready first out and junior alvarado 4/14 for him.. rail good at this distance

R3 msw 2yo's

chad brown has 2 fts in here

both way above avg..

#2 complexity (8-5)

huge pedigree.. sprint oriented

#5 azrael (6-1) <<

extremely expensive for pedigree and it's also sprint oriented

todd pletcher

#7 king for a day (5-2)

again big pedigree and this one's a homebred

R6

#6 bambalina (8-1)
                                #4 princesa carolina (10-1) half unit

R11 #2 lady camille (5-1)
                                Last edited by bleeker; 09-03-2018, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X