Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: horse plays

Originally posted by Jim13 View Post
    Ok sounds good bleeker. Was wondering do you follow Belmont after Saratoga is done ??
    yes I do jim.. all the major circuits (ny, ky, ca and gulf winter meet) and going to continue to concentrating on maidens and stakes.. going to also look at the short kentucky downs meet
    that starts friday.. you really need to get lucky there with the field sizes and track layout.. but with the purses being more than double the major tracks they attract top talent.. i'm not a big fan of stakes races overall but occasionally see something and of course the breeders cup and triple crown races always like to take a shot

will change the signature at the bottom to reflect that when these meets are over
    ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

Thanks bleeker, yeah i forgot about Kentucky downs! I like it, turf races like the UK, funky track. Like you said usual good fields and payouts. If I see anything ill post it. Also the site you messaged me about while back, its not working, is it for you? Had some good info. Thanks

Comment

Thanks bleeker, yeah i forgot about Kentucky downs! I like it, turf races like the UK, funky track. Like you said usual good fields and payouts. If I see anything ill post it. Also the site you messaged me about while back, its not working, is it for you? Had some good info. Thanks

ok jim..i'll pm you about that
        ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

saratoga.. wednesday

R1 #1 ocean ready (8-1) steeplechase
          R3 #6 anne dupree (3-1)

Comment

saratoga

R2

#6 chantry flats (10-1) scratch
            #8 carom (8-1) half unit scratch

both fit my ex/ped angle and both also ran halfway decent
            last out on the turf..like that mine (6)was coming off a long layoff and was on the lead in a fast pace last out and held pretry well..should benefit from that effort..the others 2 tries were decent and jose ortiz rides..interesting that franco (6's jockey) rode the 8 in his only 2 starts and elects to ride the other..I think it's because he does a lot more business with that trainer than the lower volume trainer of the 8 ,ribauldo

R5 #3 fiveinthemorning (6-1)

5 career starts and 2 good sprint efforts..others without getting specific there are legit excuses..castellano jumps aboard and he's 2 for 3 with this trainer past 60 days

R7

#4 poppy's destiny (9-2) fts

pedex lol.. extremely expensive for pedigree.. dam was a stakes winner but it was at northland park..

#1 wild boar (12-1) fts half unit

pedex with a way above average first out sire.. above avg dam sire and dam was a winner.. if other too low this one a nice bet at a price

R10 #8 lem me tell ya (15-1)this is a decent field of maidens .. his lines are not bad at all and wouldn't be shocked at all if he took it

del mar

R4 #1 irish spirit (12-1)

a $310k curlin stretching out for his 2nd start..even with how expensive curlin is as a sire that's a lot of money..this horse was bought as a yearling in 2016 and his fee was lower than making the price more meaningful.. the stud fee they paid in 2015 was $25k and his current fee is $150k..obviously curlin's done well (I am bad at remembering specific horses).. trainer mccarthy good in many applicable categories today.. rail is excellent in routes at dmr

R8 #4 dislitleaglecanfly (5-1) also #6 grecian fort (20-1) half unit
            Last edited by bleeker; 08-30-2018, 05:28 PM.

Comment

added R5

Comment

Bleeker signed up for the remaining Saratoga selections from - worthhandicapping.com just wanted to try them out. Here is what they sent for the day:

8-30-18saratoga
                1st
                #3 satin sheets 2-1 mline
                I am asking 4-1 for win (7/2 for 1 unt for me)
                i am planning place-show wager for every unt place, leveraging 2.5 unt show
                horse to watch
                #6 my won love
                5/2 mline
                consdiering 1/2 unt ex. box 3-6
                1/2 unt 6 over 3

2nd TURF
                preferable if on turf
                #1 entry
                flat #1 frontier
                #1a strategic outlook
                6/5 MLINE
                if both parts go, I am planning place/show wager
                for every unt place, planning 2.5-3 unt show

4th
                #5 devine entry
                7/2mline
                not bowled over here
                i would ask 5-1 or> for win; may include small show

5th turf
                #7 paz the win
                7/2 mline
                #14 ANDRETTA 3-1 mline
                consdiering 1/2 unt ex. box 7-14
                1-1.5 unt win #14@9/2
                1 unt win #7 @6-1 or>
                i may include mid-range show #14

6th
                turf
                much preferable if on turf
                if off turf, i will likely reduce by 40-50%
                #6 your only man
                7/2 mline
                i am asking 3-1 for win (5/2 1 unt)
                7-8 unt show
                horse to watch
                #9 hieroglyphics
                9/2mline
                1-1.5 unt win #9 @5-1 or>
                consdiering 1/2 unt ex. box 9=6

7th
                2 year olds
                #2 grammi dance 3-1 mline
                #11 riken 12-1 mline
                #12 quick change 10-1 mline
                #8 tapit tango 8-1 mline
                i am asking 9/2 for win #2
                1/2 unt to 1 unt win #11 @10-1 or>
                if you wish to consdier a 4 horse ex. box i would ask for MLINE avg. or>

9th non graded stakes
                turf
                #1 dog tag 6-1 mline
                i am asking for 10-1 for win
                horse to watch
                #7 MINTD
                5/2 mline
                cosndiering ex. box
                asking 6-1 for show dutching on #1
                asking 2-1 for show dutching #7
                3.5 unt
                and 7 unt respectively

10th
                #7 suas 7/2 mline
                horses to watch
                #1 entry
                #1a ready to escape stronger of the 2
                #1 light the posse
                4-1 mline
                #11 santo antoni0 10-1 mline
                askign 3-1 for win #7
                5-6 unt show #7
                i metnion the others mainly if you wish an exotic
                #11 i may include 'saver' win @10- 1 or>
                'saver' is approx. 12-14 % of total wager amount

Seems to be good with money management, but alot if show wagers??

Comment

added R7

Comment

Bleeker signed up for the remaining Saratoga selections from - worthhandicapping.com just wanted to try them out. Here is what they sent for the day:

8-30-18saratoga
                    1st
                    #3 satin sheets 2-1 mline
                    I am asking 4-1 for win (7/2 for 1 unt for me)
                    i am planning place-show wager for every unt place, leveraging 2.5 unt show
                    horse to watch
                    #6 my won love
                    5/2 mline
                    consdiering 1/2 unt ex. box 3-6
                    1/2 unt 6 over 3

2nd TURF
                    preferable if on turf
                    #1 entry
                    flat #1 frontier
                    #1a strategic outlook
                    6/5 MLINE
                    if both parts go, I am planning place/show wager
                    for every unt place, planning 2.5-3 unt show

4th
                    #5 devine entry
                    7/2mline
                    not bowled over here
                    i would ask 5-1 or> for win; may include small show

5th turf
                    #7 paz the win
                    7/2 mline
                    #14 ANDRETTA 3-1 mline
                    consdiering 1/2 unt ex. box 7-14
                    1-1.5 unt win #14@9/2
                    1 unt win #7 @6-1 or>
                    i may include mid-range show #14

6th
                    turf
                    much preferable if on turf
                    if off turf, i will likely reduce by 40-50%
                    #6 your only man
                    7/2 mline
                    i am asking 3-1 for win (5/2 1 unt)
                    7-8 unt show
                    horse to watch
                    #9 hieroglyphics
                    9/2mline
                    1-1.5 unt win #9 @5-1 or>
                    consdiering 1/2 unt ex. box 9=6

7th
                    2 year olds
                    #2 grammi dance 3-1 mline
                    #11 riken 12-1 mline
                    #12 quick change 10-1 mline
                    #8 tapit tango 8-1 mline
                    i am asking 9/2 for win #2
                    1/2 unt to 1 unt win #11 @10-1 or>
                    if you wish to consdier a 4 horse ex. box i would ask for MLINE avg. or>

9th non graded stakes
                    turf
                    #1 dog tag 6-1 mline
                    i am asking for 10-1 for win
                    horse to watch
                    #7 MINTD
                    5/2 mline
                    cosndiering ex. box
                    asking 6-1 for show dutching on #1
                    asking 2-1 for show dutching #7
                    3.5 unt
                    and 7 unt respectively

10th
                    #7 suas 7/2 mline
                    horses to watch
                    #1 entry
                    #1a ready to escape stronger of the 2
                    #1 light the posse
                    4-1 mline
                    #11 santo antoni0 10-1 mline
                    askign 3-1 for win #7
                    5-6 unt show #7
                    i metnion the others mainly if you wish an exotic
                    #11 i may include 'saver' win @10- 1 or>
                    'saver' is approx. 12-14 % of total wager amount

Seems to be good with money management, but alot if show wagers??

yeah he's a lot different than simple me.. have a tough time with betting show, dutching (know what that is) and having to watch the odds is not practical for a lot of people..guess that might be called what they are.. I'll check out the site though

Comment

added R10

Comment

added dmr 4

Comment

added dmr 8

Comment

saratoga

R1 #3 that's smart (8-1)
                            R3 #4 my mr wonderful (5-2)

R5 #9 altar of speed (10-1)
                            Last edited by bleeker; 08-31-2018, 01:26 PM.

Comment

added R5

Comment

kentucky downs . saturday

6 days of top quality racing on a european style turf course.. big fields and purses.. opening day tomorrow then 2nd not till middle-late next week

R1 #3 campaign (5-1) msw $130k 1½ miles

ran 2nd on a sloppy track at saratoga last year in his debut as a 2yo.. didn't resurface again till july at ellis park and did little in that race.. considering this guy is a 675k yearling purchase by curlin and out of a dynaformer mare (very stout and classy) they'd probably rather win here for $130k purse than take down less than ⅓ of that at ellis park (not to mention a ho-hum achievement winning there).. breaking your maiden at 1½ miles on the turf a special accomplishment and have a hunch they've been pointing towards this all along

R2 #5 i am miss brown (8-1)

< R3 #1 fifth title (5-1)

< R3 #6 spikes shirl (15-1)

< same race

R4 #11 cash out (7-2)
                                R5 #8 convict (10-1)

saratoga

R1 #3 lion dance (6-1)
                                R3 #7 raising the flag (6-1)

R10 the spinaway stakes 2yo fillies.. grade I

#7 chasing yesterday (5-2)

won impressively in debut at dmr.. be no value and just rooting for pharaoh's little half sister by #1 sire tapit

R11 the woodward 3 up ...grade I

#9 gunnevera (4-1)

ran similar race at GP last year prior to coming up here and running a solid 2nd in the travers with a tough trip.. layed an egg in dubai before that but I'll give him a break on that.. feel he's had some excuses, chased much better horses late summer last year into winter this year.. my other would be #4 TAPWRIT (6-1)..id go $20 win #9 and $5 ex box 49 if I were playing

del mar

R9 #2 admiral brown (10-1) 2yo msw

baffert has 2 huge pedigree fts (the other #8)..his credentials look just as good if not better than the other's

R11 #4 giveherdalute (5-1) fts 2yo msw

full sister to gimmedalute lol who won 6 of 9 and over $600k and was 2/2 at dmr..another baffert of course
                                Last edited by bleeker; 09-01-2018, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X