Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: horse plays

Originally posted by Jim13 View Post
    My buddy likes the 2 in delmar 5th, rijeka, says he is the class off the field ?? Likes the 5-1ml. So im doin a 1/2 exacta bx small, just not of fan of 2yo races. I got burned back in the day for a big super, got dqd cause he was too green in the stretch! But thats the game !!
    he ran 5th of 14 horses in a 7f stakes at leopardstown in his debut..purse in that was about 20k but guessing that doesn't reflect the quality of the field..horse only cost 10k so he's certainly an overacheiver..he went off 100-1 to the dime ..unreal
    Last edited by bleeker; 08-12-2018, 04:19 PM.
    ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

Lets say my buddy is happy that the 2 won !! He did it pretty easy, good price. He had the dd. Pretty good day for him

Comment

Lets say my buddy is happy that the 2 won !! He did it pretty easy, good price. He had the dd. Pretty good day for him

wow ran a huge race.. good call by your buddy.. going 22 + change first quarter did me in but if he can learn to relax think he'll be something decent down the road...i'm guessing he calls him the class of the field because his debut was overseas vs stakes horses? how good is a race like that at leopardstown (in general) compared to allowance races here?
        ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

Better overseas in his opinion he really follows the uk / oversea races, more then I do !!I usually put a couple bucks on the 1s he tells me. Only had 20 on that 1 across the board, like i said not a fan of 2ys. Pretty good day though !

Comment

Likes a horse tomorrow at windsor, race 6, dubai silk, he locked a win wager at 2.5. He said his form is solid right now.

Comment

Likes a horse tomorrow at windsor, race 6, dubai silk, he locked a win wager at 2.5. He said his form is solid right now.
              ok ..gl jim

Comment

saratoga

R5 #7 promise me roses (6-1)

Comment

Yeah lost. Crazy race. My buddy likes to look for value the night before, locked it in at 2.5 went off 6/5, didnt matter in this race but it the long run its crazy how it does

Comment

Chelmsfor race 7 #4 ALEXANDERTHEGREAT, great form. 9lbs higher though. Shouldnt be a problem. Locked in 3/2

Comment

Yeah lost. Crazy race. My buddy likes to look for value the night before, locked it in at 2.5 went off 6/5, didnt matter in this race but it the long run its crazy how it does
                      that works out long haul if he's consistently getting higher odds than they end up going off at in the parimutuels or I guess also with the books as the race approaches post time

on another topic are the big 3 in england ascot,epsom
                      and goodwood with ascot being similar to say,saratoga.. the others are all drop off in quality ??

Comment

Yes sir. If you could watch the replay of cc 7. Alexander went off here at 1/9 !!! Have to ask what the hell was the jockey doing at the stretch ??? Crazy. I believe he thought he had the race won?? Very bad ride, sometimes does make me wonder

Comment

Also i just looking at the results for the day there. Race 2 moore had the winner there paid 2.04 through the adws. Who the hell would wager like that !!! I wish I could take their bets lol !!!!

Comment

wow and your buddy locked him in at 3-2..very impressed..i'm guessing tvg would have replays
                            or maybe the track site..have to check it out

the last post confuses me a bit..I know ryan moore is a top jockey over there..do you mean you could have locked in earlier and got paid more no pun lol than the adws. .does 2.04 mean you make 1.04 profit on every £ bet ?
                            Last edited by bleeker; 08-15-2018, 01:07 AM.

Comment

saratoga

R2 #5 miss flambe (8-1)

by new sire alpha(bernardini) who won his debut at saratoga as a 2yo and finished 2nd in the champagne in start #2.. wound up with $1.8M in career earnings over his career.. dam won debut and has had 4 winners from as many starters including a stakes winner who won it's 2yo debut.. 2 of the 3 starters who ran as 2yo's won..sure dominic schettino who doesn't get his hands on this type very often would love to notch a debut win up here and because it isn't pletcher, brown or ward maybe the price will be halfway decent

R7 #9 desert isle (8-1)

if I were investing $20 . $12W #9.. $3 ex 67/9..$1 xbox 67

only looking to make a little profit if the 2 non-keys (6,7) come top 2

if jack gilligan were riding this one lol

probably 5 or 6 horses in this race could be favored in an average race and I'd bet one or two really nice ones will come out of here.. that being said gotta choose and feel this one has some useful races on the dirt under her and consider this one and chad brown's #7 civil union
                              a little better than the others pedigree-wise (chad's is a debuter)

del mar

R6 #6 square peggy (6-1) 666 chilling lol

expensive for the pedigree..not outrageous but definitely
                              on the high side..speed pedigree top/bottom.solid attempt finishing 3rd first out and 2nd start today

some trainer numbers

31/35%..2nd start (very profitable)
                              90/17% .. maidens
                              74/18%..2yo
                              18/28%..jock trainer combo last 60 daysj

R8 #4 magnum maduro (15-1)

turf to dirt and 3 level drop (msw/mcl20k) doesn't concern me as a cheap horse to begin with..trainer has excellent numbers 2nd off the layoff
                              Last edited by bleeker; 08-15-2018, 02:57 PM.

Comment

added R7 saratoga

Comment

Working...
                                X