• Show
Clear All

• Re: horse plays

Originally posted by bleeker View Post
    saratoga (last day)

R1 #7 dirty (7-2)

extreme speed pedigree and cost a bunch relative to pedigree

R2 #8 eucalyptus (15-1)

ran evenly behind what the drf deemed a slow pace.. that was off a 13 month layoff and could see improvement today.. her first 3 career races would fit well in here.. rosario places geroux

R3 #2 no hiding place (3-1)

claimed for 25k by asmussen 3 back and tried 40k claimers last 2..tough back at 16 and he's probably thinking he can at least get 2nd to offset losing him for today's price if that happens

R2 scratched as off turf

R1 and R3 OK with mud.. 1st time starter we have in the 1st has about as high a mud rating as there is on the tomlinson scale
    ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

finished card
      ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

Bleeker just a question for you. Do you ever handicapp kentucky downs ?? It seems like it has a european feel to it ?? Crazy turf course. But the field sizes are great. I was going to make some plays and use some of the trainers and jocks i know that usualy do good on turf. any input would be great ! Thanks jim13.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim13 View Post
          Bleeker just a question for you. Do you ever handicapp kentucky downs ?? It seems like it has a european feel to it ?? Crazy turf course. But the field sizes are great. I was going to make some plays and use some of the trainers and jocks i know that usualy do good on turf. any input would be great ! Thanks jim13.

I have jim.. it is more like a european turf course except they still run counter clockwise.. hilly and extra long stretch.. after getting shellacked at saratoga decided not to get involved there.. as you said big fields and high quality horses but the eccentrities of the course more of a turn off for me.. jocks timing,horses taking to it well too much of a question mark for me

Comment

belmont

R9 #1 nicholas and me (4-1)

englehart excels 1st off claim, 2nd off short layoff .. 1st time gelding..ortiz/trainer 6/20 at belmont together.. will forgive slop effort at saratoga where he was 3 wide battling for the lead.. debut effort at cd would be good enough here.. solid works leading up.. at ml odds probably something not right and expecting more like 5-2

Comment

Thanks bleeker. Heres to a good belmont meet cheers !

Comment

Thanks bleeker. Heres to a good belmont meet cheers !
                thanks jim..have to confess after I knocked kentucky downs I wound up playin saturday and sunday and did ok.. (playing = posting other place)..belmont card looked unappealing to me reason why..felt funny posting here after what I said..final day of the long 5 day meet on thursday and probably post some picks..
                everything about that place odd..the course,huge purses and short meet

Comment

Ok bleeker sounds good. Yeah it is 1 of a kind ! Im a huge turf fan and play alot of uk races and it is still nothing like i see

Comment

will have some or all of tomorrow's kentucky downs card up by tonight

Comment

kentucky downs

R1 #5 frozen hannah (7-2)

R2 #10 bridaled temper (9-5)

2 year old msw turf (as they all are).. the inside 8 horses cost 100k combined at auction.. #9 cost 110k and then there's mine.. a war front out of a sadlers well mare.. imo you can't have a better sire/dam sire
                      combo and if not best, definitely top 3.. will be a low price but just can't ignore the elite bloodlines

R3 #1 grand candy (4-1)
                      R4 #1 little code (8-1)

R5 #10 mambo at the gym (7-2)
                      R6 #10 tap daddy (5-1)
                      R7 #10 noble ready (5-2)

wow lots of 10's.

R8 #8 holiday stone (8-1).. 888
                      R9 #6 queen blossom (8-1)
                      R10 #1 wild about you (9-2)
                      Last edited by bleeker; 09-14-2017, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Bleeker there is suppose to be alot of rain in kentucky today, it should be an interesting day there today !

Comment

Bleeker there is suppose to be alot of rain in kentucky today, it should be an interesting day there today !
                          looks like it'll be just overcast there today according to AccuWeather.. put up R5-7 and rest a little later

Comment

added R8-10

Comment

Bleeker in r2 what do you think the odds will be on #10 with all these scrathes? I also liked the 10 nut dont know if there is any value espically under even money ?? Might do the 14 with the 10 in a tri and do all for 3rd hope for a bomb !!

Comment

Bleeker in r2 what do you think the odds will be on #10 with all these scrathes? I also liked the 10 nut dont know if there is any value espically under even money ?? Might do the 14 with the 10 in a tri and do all for 3rd hope for a bomb !!

sorry Jim.. busy day for me yesterday and think I shut down after my last post which wasn't too much before you're question.. sometimes I get too enamored with a horse and should consider the odds more..at 9-5 ml and with all the scratches he figured to be too short and ultimately beat by a bomb while finishing a good second.. joe sharp takes the first 3 races very impressive.. I really think as I said war front out of a sadlers well mare best pedigree combo you can have in current times.. turf of course.. joe allen breeder and he's been involved in game a long time and always top quality stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X