X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: horse plays

royal ascot.. thursday

R1 #10 mount fuji (10-1)

so so figure breaking maiden first out.. connections, jockey and pedigree does it for me

R2 #4 cap francais (15-1)

R3 #4 frankelina (7-1)

obviously by the great sire and racehorse frankel.. didn't embarrass herself jumping from G3 @ 1 1/4 to G1 @ 1 1/2 in her last start although finished behind the favorite (#3).. with her pedigree and only 4th career start think there's a chance she'll go forward today

R4 #6 cross counter (4-1)

clear 2nd choice to the #4 stradivarius (6-5)

R5 #3 turgenev (15-1)
    R5 #14 glorious lover (20-1)

30 horses if everybody goes so why not 2 picks

R6 #8 good birthday (12-1)

he showed considerable talent as a 2yo (this is a 3yo only race).. has put in two solid efforts in his only starts as a 3yo and I think the best alternative to the likely favorite #1 constantinople (5-1)
    Last edited by bleeker; 06-20-2019, 07:25 AM.
    ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

gulfstream

R2 #5 grisaceo (6-1)
      R3 #2 heated element (9-5)
      R6 #3 diamond mint (3-1)
      R7 #8 borough boy (7-2)
      R10 #4 imperial majesty (12-1)

churchill...5 pm

R1 #2 jay jay creed (15-1)

1st time starter bred/owned and trained by same last name and trainer has had only two starts on the year.. going with the speed sire and like the bottom also relative to what else is running here

R2 #4 classy jewel (3-1)
      R3 #2 meantime (5-2)
      R4 #8 yellen (4-1)
      R5 #3 chess chief (7-2)

R7 #7 sir dudley digges (7-1)
      R8 #6 cliff's place (6-1)
      Last edited by bleeker; 06-20-2019, 03:08 PM.
      ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

Nice prices at Ascot 5

Guess that happens when you have $100 + winner on top with a huge field !!!

My buddy had the exacta. He wheeled the 3 !

EXACTA 23/3 910.00
        TRIFECTA 23/3/12 - 27,079.00

Wish we only knew lol !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim13 View Post
          Nice prices at Ascot 5

Guess that happens when you have $100 + winner on top with a huge field !!!

My buddy had the exacta. He wheeled the 3 !

EXACTA 23/3 910.00
          TRIFECTA 23/3/12 - 27,079.00

Wish we only knew lol !!!
          wow !! too bad he didn't come back again with dettori underneath the way he was going ..still can't complain..if it had been another longie forget about what the exacta would've been..the last was a coolmoore by galileo and paid triple digits..just goes to show when you're by him and your a 3yo going 1 1/2 miles you could wake up anytime and put up a big effort..he ain't the most expensive stallion in the world for nothing

Comment

added churchill

Comment

just came home from work
              2011 Winner of TIS college football contest
              2012 - 2013
              NBA 33-18-1
              MLB 16-12
              NFL 27-13-1
              CFB 12-11
              CBB 9-2
              MLB 2013 2-0
              NHL 1-0

GOY 1-0 Mississippi +9.5 Over LSU 27-24

NFL 0-1

Comment

added last 2 at churchill

Comment

ascot .. friday

R1 #16 last surprise (15-1)

going to go with one of the 3 by no nay never who's one of the best sires of 2yo's in europe.. there are 3 of them in here but this one is ridden by dettori who had 4 wins and a 2nd from the 6 races run yesterday

R2 #4 jack yeats (30-1)

the last race yesterday was 1 1/2 mile handicap for 3yo's.. the favorite was by #1 sire in the world galileo and he finished 2nd at around 4-1..the winner was the other galileo and he paid
                  $86 to win.. today's race for 3yo's also at 1 1/2 miles but a grade 2..#5 japan (6-5) by galileo and there's two others by him #6 (8-1) and mine. ..no question the others have more credentials than mine but not enough to justify the odds gap imo.. understand the final betting may be different but have to go by the ml picking in advance

R3 #1 advertise (10-1)

what i'm thinking is the effort back here last year as a 2yo in june.. 2nd by a half length in a grade 2 at this distance in a 23 horse field.. a big figure of course goes with that. good effort at 7f two back and the mile last out vs g1's too much.. back at 6f where he belongs.. definetly feel he'll be lower with frankie riding

R4 #3 hermosa (1-1) exacta 3-2

not going to try to beat this "galilean" monster but going to try and get the #2 happen (15-1) in 2nd for an exacta.. this one has a huge pedigree in her own right being by #1 us sire war front and out of a sadlers wells (galileo's pop) mare.. sure if I dug into the dam's actual record, half siblings and what she's produced that there's probably a lot more good stuff but more than I want to do.. she did beat older horses in a grade 3 last out and gets to go an extra furlong today which certainly can't hurt

R5 #2 coral beach (12-1)

3rd off the layoff and should appreciate the major class drop.. top jockey ryan moore aboard

28 horses w/o scratches.. 24-28 run as one entry and would be huge longshots on their own

R6 #5 pivoine (15-1)
                  R6 #12 top tug (20-1)

both exit the same last race and finished about dead even.. the class drop should serve them well

20 horse field w/o scratches
                  Last edited by bleeker; 06-21-2019, 07:14 AM.

Comment

finished ascot

Comment

gulfstream (.20)rainbow 6

$2.6 million carryover

ticket has no chance of being the lone single but the carryover money usually even with the 30% carry forward and regular p6 takeout makes it normally an overlay payoff.. ticket cost $86.40

R4.. 28
                      R5.. 26
                      R6..145
                      R7..2369
                      R8..256
                      R9.. 149

Comment

Originally posted by bleeker View Post
                        gulfstream (.20)rainbow 6

$2.6 million carryover

ticket has no chance of being the lone single but the carryover money usually even with the 30% carry forward and regular p6 takeout makes it normally an overlay payoff.. ticket cost $86.40

R4.. 28
                        R5.. 26
                        R6..145
                        R7..2369
                        R8..256
                        R9.. 149

R4 ..W $9.80
                        R5 .. had 2 favorites..missed ($26.80)
                        R6..W $5.80
                        R7..missed by half length($11.80)
                        R8..W $4.00
                        R9..W $18.40

had 4 out of 6 (W) and of course the misses were in the race I had 4 horses and the other I had both favorites as mentioned above lol..scratch in R6 would bring ticket cost down to $57.60

paid $11,316 for 20 cents..parlay price $4132 so 173% overlay
                        Last edited by bleeker; 06-21-2019, 09:13 PM.

Comment

ascot saturday

R1 #9 lope y fernandez (8-5)
                          see nothing interesting looking at the odds.. going favorite

R2 #2 bye bye hong kong (10-1)

R3 #2 defoe (4-1)

4th race off a 5 month layoff.. love the incremental steps forward in figures, competition level, results and also the spacing of his races.. capable vs these

R4 #6 emblazoned (20-1)

besides the most obvious thing (frankie riding) it was truly impressive how this one rapidly ascended the class ladder and kept getting it done.. has a nice effort under him off an 11 month layoff.. like the fact he's only 4yo and by one of the elite sire's invincible spirit.. trained by one of the best over there john gosden

R4 #16 the tin man (10-1)

consistent hard nosed g1 sprinter who may have been a little tired in his poor final effort last year.. listed stakes race under him off a 7 month layoff and if he returns to last year's form he could give these a fight

R5 #1 bacchus (15-1)

he won (33-1) his 2018 opener vs a 26 horse field on 6/23 this track, same distance, class, jockey as today.. followed that up with a respectable 4th by less than 2 vs better company but then got a little nutty and sent him to france to try grade 1 company with only 15 days rest (19/20)..gave him 2 months rest and again threw him in vs grade 1 company here (last vs 14).. returns to ascot off a very similar long layoff as last year

R5 #5 hey jonesy (20-1)

he's run well vs significantly better and should appreciate the drop

25+ horses in this race

R6 #9 max dynamite (5-2)

thing the combo of a fresh horse, right level, ryan moore could get it done here.. realize this one's the favorite and they're going much further than he's ever gone but still like the positives

Last edited by bleeker; 06-22-2019, 08:16 AM.

Comment

finished ascot and did R1

Comment

belmont

R4 #6 violent point (7-2)

trainer having a great meet and johnny v 2 for 3 riding for him.. expensive relative to the pedigree and has been working right along.. sire starting to accumulate a decent sample size of runners and he's top notch with debuters

R6 #4 golani brigade (3-1)

debuter who's extremely expensive for the pedigree and is by one of the best first out sires.. add chad.. enough said

R10 #7 jack the cat (6-1)

monmouth

R1 #8 double deep (7-2)
                              R3 #1 magnifier (4-5)
                              R9 #1 air attack (8-1)

R11 united nations stakes grade 1

#3 arrocha (12-1)

how good are brazilian grade 1 horses. ..sure way below ours but he was as consistent as they come in marathons at that level over there last year and they were vs huge fields..the pace in his first race over here in may was about 9 lengths fast and he was about 5 lengths off so sure he got something out of that off the long layoff..finished last in that race which was a grade 3 at 1 1/8 miles..
                              fascinated that they'd give him at shot at this marathon distance especially with chad brown as the trainer..won't see him at this ml too often..excellent turf rider gallardo aboard
                              Last edited by bleeker; 06-22-2019, 03:31 PM.

Comment

added monmouth 11

Comment

Working...
                                X