Page 126 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128 LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 3180

Thread: horse plays

Re: horse plays

added louisiana R4..that'll do it
    ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do mess up every now and then

Yeah Bleeker it was a nice exacta ! We actually had the tri also before it was taken down. We played .1, 7, 13, 14, 20 box. But what are you goin do. It was the correct call. Yeah my l downs lost, came in second. But went off as even money !! With the fixed odds you get so much more value in the long run. I'll be focusing on Belmont and will post any stand outs. I really just focus on the late pic 4. I believe it's won of the best

Quote Originally Posted by Jim13 View Post
    Yeah Bleeker it was a nice exacta ! We actually had the tri also before it was taken down. We played .1, 7, 13, 14, 20 box. But what are you goin do. It was the correct call. Yeah my l downs lost, came in second. But went off as even money !! With the fixed odds you get so much more value in the long run. I'll be focusing on Belmont and will post any stand outs. I really just focus on the late pic 4. I believe it's won of the best

yeah you lock in higher odds like that a huge edge.. belmont pick 4 is a good bet as p4's with a good price or two over time pay more than the parlay price... gonna include my indiana picks in this post

indiana

R3 #8 fever temple (9-2)
    R4 #6 goldenpence (5-2)
    R5 #2 speed effect (6-1)
    R7 #2 cake ina can (5-1)

part of an entry with same jockey named

thistledown

R1 #6 orbital flag (7-2)

possibly 1 or 2 more but not before R6.. going to look at louisiana also(4:15)
    Last edited by bleeker; 05-08-2019 at 01:00 PM.
    ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do mess up every now and then

added thistledown 1

belmont thursday

R3 #8 mythajacul (30-1)
    R4 #1 traffic stop (8-1)
    R7 #3 entry (4-1) like both.. diff jocks named
    R8 #5 rocketry (9-5)
    R9 #8 sadie lady (9-2)

pimlico

R2 #6 just one not two (5-1)

half sibling broke maiden 2nd out with this rider aboard.. it was on 6/30/2017 as a 2yo so even those this is a debut horse good to know sibling won early (this is a 2yo)..interesting that trainer (same owner/breeder) has another first time starter (#1) who's by the same sire as this ones half sibling.. this one by new year's day who's the sire of maximum security and an above avg first out sire

my research.. not just rewritten

R4 #3 promote (3-1)
    R6 #9 awesome agenda (3-1)

churchill

R5 #2 finer things (9-2)
    R6 #6 trapezoid (6-1) 666
    R8 #2 zaevion (9-2)
    Last edited by bleeker; 05-09-2019 at 06:23 PM.

added pimlico 2 4 6..done
    Last edited by bleeker; 05-09-2019 at 01:15 PM.

added churchill 5 6 8

didnt like what I saw at belmont and pimlico

churchill

R3 #3 hassle (6-1)
    R5 #5 buster brown boy (10-1)
    R6 #4 say it ain't so (7-2)
    R8 #2 traveling (20-1)
    R9 #6 gins and tins (8-1)
    Last edited by bleeker; 05-10-2019 at 01:49 PM.

finished churchill

belmont

R4 #3 peter pan grade 3

#3 global campaign (8-5)

being close to the fast pace 8n the fountain of youth too much for him..like two efforts before that and gets to try a 1 1/8 going one turn at the only place you can do that..curlin out of an ap indy mare and think this one will be belmont stakes bound

R5 #1 calamity cat (6-1)
    R8 #6 pallas athene (15-1)

R10 man o' war grade 1

#2 zulu alpha (4-1)

1 3/8 mile turf would seem to be perfect distance going by the 1 1/2 efforts..should be nicely legged up off last race an has come back in 3 weeks and ran big both times in his last ten races..castellano rides

R11 #8 wicked grin (7-2)

monmouth

R5 #3 amarone (6-1)

combination of bad posts and better company have compromised her chances in first 3 races...capable turf rider,better draw and shaded form.. could see a wake up today

R8 #3 true prosperity (7-2)

caught an extremely fast group of statebred maidens at aqueduct in january.. comes to monmouth for 2nd career start and faces much weaker competition (mdn clm 25k).. all speed pedigree and its modest enough that the drop doesn't bother me

R9 #7 black tonight (7-2)

should whoop this bunch at 3-2

R11 #2 compagno

I get a jockey who's 0/17 on the turf this year but the horse fits very well.. like the even turf sprint vs open 50k claimers at aqueduct last out as a stretchout race and many of her past 2 turn turf attempts fit well here.. monmouth a step down from fairgrounds imo

churchill

R6 #3 wetumka (5-1)
    R7 #7 impossible mission (12-1)
    R8 #6 lucky union (12-1)

R10 #1 iva (12-1)
    R10 #2 raintree starlett (20-1)

.75 units each

R11 #7 dos vinos (8-1)
    Last edited by bleeker; 05-11-2019 at 02:31 PM.

did monmouth

did churchill

Nice hits today Bleeker! Good job I love seeing you hit for the $20+ winners !! I would like to see the difference of the handle is other years with the sports now being legal there. Maybe more people will show up on track??

Quote Originally Posted by Jim13 View Post
    Nice hits today Bleeker! Good job I love seeing you hit for the $20+ winners !! I would like to see the difference of the handle is other years with the sports now being legal there. Maybe more people will show up on track??

thanks jim.. I don't think being able to bet sports at racetracks is going to funnel much money towards horse racing over the long haul.. it certainly can't hurt things just from the standpoint of exposure but ultimately it will be on an app and most of the betting will be on that vs going to the track..i agree with what you said recentl..free past performances, better education (free) on handicapping and money management.. it's so easy to watch a video or here a podcast or go back n forth on a forum.. have to take advantage of today's technology.. I think as much as any other game winning at the races feels fantastic.. you feel that you came up with some good reasons to play the horse that maybe were overlooked by the public and this is besides the monetary reward

unfortunately the take is and will always be onerous..high teens in the pari-mutuels and low-mid 20's in exotics is very tough to justify... without decent rebates given to high rollers, you have little chance to win at it long haul without a life changing payoff.. I think there's definitely ways to cut into that playing the horizontals and maybe even more so the verticals.. the payoffs on these are often higher than they should be.. the former because even though the take is higher you are only being taxed once.. when you get one or two decent prices in a P3 or 4 the parlays over time imo pay more than they should.. as far as the verticals the public is not good at structuring bets
    and often times a good price in 3rd with just modest odds top two will get you more than you should.. there is a formula for that which is just simple math which maybe I'll share here on an overnight when things quiet down.. I'm not going give out these types of bets on here, as I enjoy the satisfaction of picking a winner, but I do think, with a little strategy they are good propositions..

churchill

R1 #5 dantu (4-1)
    R2 #2 colour guard (6-1)

R5 #8 michael t (6-1)
    R7 #6 pure speculation (10-1)

R8 #1 true dream (8-1)
    R10 #2 queen's mason (20-1)

belmont

R9 #10 daddy knows

off the turf race.. debut horse with really big pedigree especially for a NY bred (homebred so not sold cheap) .. overall and for the slop.. linda rice with lezcano big time combo and both tearing it up at the meet.. hopefully they're looking for more than just exercise with the sloppy conditions

santa anita

R6 #1 scrambled (5-1)

heard kurt hoover on tvg say he liked this horse a lot and I definitely agree

R8 #5 chay up and away (5-1)
    R9 #2 opus won (6-1)

Last edited by bleeker; 05-12-2019 at 04:11 PM.

added 5 7

finished churchill

added belmont 10

louisiana downs... monday

R1 #2 don't be foolish (6-1)
    R4 #7 hello i'm here (10-1)
    R5 #7 gifted richter (2-1)

lad.. statebred mcl 12.5k @ 5.5-7f
    (15 races 10 wins favorite avg price $5.00)
    #3 ml favorite @ 9-5 but think mine will go off favorite

finger lakes

R6 #9 very stable genius (4-1)

back of the pack and finished 6th of 8 in a very fast maiden race (about 12 lengths faster than finger lakes par) at aqueduct in her debut.. hit the gate in that race.. homebred by duchessview farms who are longtime ny breeders.. big speed pedigree by posse out of a phone trick mare.. the latter one of the fastest sprinters of the last 50 years

monticello (just for the heck of it)

R8 #1 entry (5-2) (either half)
    Last edited by bleeker; 05-13-2019 at 10:54 AM.

added 1 race at finger lakes.. that's it today

2011 Winner of TIS college football contest
    2012 - 2013
    NBA 33-18-1
    MLB 16-12
    NFL 27-13-1
    CFB 12-11
    CBB 9-2
    MLB 2013 2-0
    NHL 1-0

GOY 1-0 Mississippi +9.5 Over LSU 27-24

NFL 0-1

Quote Originally Posted by FRAOLI4444 View Post

thanks fraoli

indiana

R2 #5 mini miles (10-1)
    R3 #2 war ballad (10-1)
    R4 #3 comes n threes (9-2)
    R5 #7 carson kan (2-1)

claimed for a 4th straight time last out and it was by one of the best tom amoss..beat conditioned claimers 2 back at fairgrounds going 5.5f on the turf and gets imo an easier assignment here at oc 25k n1x at indiana (@ 5f turf).. in the fg race he had the lead at the eighth pole so shorter distance shouldn't be a problem

R7 #10 small moment (20-1)

makes 2nd career start which is an excellent angle for this trainer over a large sample of races.. she's also excellent with shippers over a 50 race sample.. ran midpack in a very fast race at keeneland in her debut.. definitely a turf pedigree with avg turf sire but dam sire is way above average turf and classy to boot.. 2 of her 3 starters have won and both of those won on the lawn.. best turf jockey at the track rides

monticello (harness)

enjoy doing harness but will only do monticello on mon or tuesday when no big tracks are going.. just for a little fun.. small money

R1 #3 a taste of justice (9-2)
    R2 #6 jellystone joy (4-1)
    R3 #5 woody (5-2)
    R4 #6 pedal power (3-1)
    R6 #6 jasmine ivy (4-1)
    R7 #4 ari allstar (10-1)

Last edited by bleeker; 05-14-2019 at 10:34 AM.

added monticello

indiana downs

R1 #5 d'ark flatter (15-1)
    R7 #9 evil eye (5-2)

probably it

bleeker im putting some money on a local jockey david mello i have hit some big ones with him
    2011 Winner of TIS college football contest
    2012 - 2013
    NBA 33-18-1
    MLB 16-12
    NFL 27-13-1
    CFB 12-11
    CBB 9-2
    MLB 2013 2-0
    NHL 1-0

GOY 1-0 Mississippi +9.5 Over LSU 27-24

NFL 0-1