Page 80 of 89 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2223

Thread: horse plays

Re: horse plays

mahoning valley

R8 #8 protostar (7-2)

favorite scratched so probably more like 3-2..just want a taste today lol
    i am not looking for the most likely winner but horses I feel I have an edge with over a large sample of races..starting 4/10/18 no results will be posted by me in "horse plays" thread.. this is true for 99%+ of the thread prior to this date.. want to be consistent about that..late scratches or early ones that i miss sometimes will be marked but mostly will not..this is the way it has been for most of this thread

Thanks bleeker for the info ! Have to keep an eye out for the trainer and elliot teaming up. Not fimiliar with eithier. Think elliot raced at ellis park ??

Quote Originally Posted by Jim13 View Post
    Thanks bleeker for the info ! Have to keep an eye out for the trainer and elliot teaming up. Not fimiliar with eithier. Think elliot raced at ellis park ??
    np jim.. never heard of the trainer either but stewart elliot an old timer.. same age as mike smith ...best known for almost winning the triple crown with smarty jones (finished 2nd to birdstone @ 1-5)
    i am not looking for the most likely winner but horses I feel I have an edge with over a large sample of races..starting 4/10/18 no results will be posted by me in "horse plays" thread.. this is true for 99%+ of the thread prior to this date.. want to be consistent about that..late scratches or early ones that i miss sometimes will be marked but mostly will not..this is the way it has been for most of this thread

parx

R10 #10 you're no saint (4-1)

won by 10 (lots of 10's involved here lol) vs clm 4000n2y last out at pen.. now comes to parx for a clm 5000n1y..the 4k wins do not count against the conditions here.. normally don't like horses who win by 10
    as they're way too obvious but some other things to like here .

wired the field last out but according to brisnet figures was about 5 lengths fast to the pace call.. trainer is tremendous with repeaters and especially clm repeaters.. shippers also.. prior to the big win last out he was facing 5-8k open claimers in his last 4 or 5 races which are better horses than these.. guessing 2-1 final odds

mahoning valley

R7 #9 sharina (15-1)

9yo who was coming off a 2+ year layoff 4 starts back... besides her last race she was competive in the others (showed speed) and all of them were sprints.. ..i'm thinking 4 races in she's got her sea legs and now going back to two turns which she was solid at prior to the layoff.. should at least get good position or possibly head to the lead and track favors early speed in route races

all this being said still a small play.. 9yo,bad trainer,jockey and minor league track
    Last edited by bleeker; 04-10-2018 at 02:17 PM.

added mahoning R7

See bleeker another nice payout even at mahoning !! You sure know the angles to look for !!

See bleeker another nice payout even at mahoning !! You sure know the angles to look for !!
    thanks jim.. has been a good spell of late.. that's the challenge of handicapping.. every race different from the next and you can have excellent insight and still have long droughts.. losses even the ones where there are no apparent excuses doesn't mean you had a bad idea going in. you're not as good as your good runs or as bad as your bad ones.. the mental aspect most important imo

oaklawn and keeneland have big fields tomorrow and weather supposed to be good both places ..will be looking
    Last edited by bleeker; 04-10-2018 at 11:42 PM.

Yes sir !! Especially in horse racing !! Ive said to myself after the race, what the hell was that ?? Lol. Ok yeah keeneland seems to be a good day.

keeneland

R2 #9 inda zone (3-1) jo
    R4 #1 punked (5-1) jo
    R5 #2 start with yes (4-1)
    R6 #8 esquisse (7-2) jo
    R7 #2 mrs rocco (7-2) jo
    R8 #6 danceland (8-1)

jo = jose ortiz

oaklawn

R1 #6 ice goddess (10-1)
    R2 #6 bud ro (10-1)
    R3 #10 sunny's funny (7-2)
    R4 #2 (12-1) #9 (12-1)
    R5 #7 lady warrior (3-1)
    R7 #10 empire strikes (10-1)
    R8 #6 banshee birdie (7-2)
    R9 #3 criminal mischief (8-1)
    R10 #6 st louie guy (8-1)
    Last edited by bleeker; 04-11-2018 at 02:06 PM.

finished keeneland..gonna look at oaklawn

added oaklawn 1-3

finished

keeneland

R2 #3 lady apple (6-1)
    R3 #1 no lemon no lime (15-1)
    R4 #2 get the facts (9-2)
    R5 #5 catkins (6-1) jo
    R9 #1 show girl (4-1)

oaklawn

R2 #9 coastal highway (6-1)
    R3 #2 sindys luck (9-2)
    R7 #2 gettin even (7-2)
    R9 #7 best of greeley (12-1)
    R10 #1 blushing bella (20-1)
    Last edited by bleeker; 04-12-2018 at 03:33 PM.

finished keeneland

posted oaklawn 1 2

finished oaklawn

keeneland

R5 #9 uncatchable (9-2)

probably it unless i look at santa anita

oaklawn

R3 #1 sluice box (12-1)
    R6 #6 soaring bird (10-1)

ARKANSAS DERBY PICKS
    LEXINGTON STAKES PICKS
    ESPARZA
    Oaklawn Park and Keeneland Park Selections for Saturday, April 14, 2018
    Oaklawn Park
    Race 10 - $750K Running of the Oaklawn Handicap - 1 1/8 Miles (GII)
    TOP HORSE: 10 - Accelerate
    SECOND CHOICE: 7 - Hedge Fund
    THIRD CHOICE: 11 - City of Light
    (LONG SHOT): 4 - Untrapped
    Race 11 - $750K Running of the Arkansas Derby - 1 1/8 Miles (GI)
    TOP HORSE: 8 - Quip
    SECOND CHOICE: 5 - Solomini
    THIRD CHOICE: 6 - Magnum Moon
    (LONG SHOT): 3 - Tenfold
    Keeneland Park
    Race 9 - $500K Running of the Stonestreet Lexington Stakes - 1 1/16 Miles (GIII)
    TOP HORSE: 12 - My Boy Jack
    SECOND CHOICE: 7 - Pony Up
    THIRD CHOICE: 6 - Greyvitos
    (LONGSHOT) 4 - Honor Up

oaklawn R11 arkansas derby

#2 machismo (45-1)

forgot to post earlier but figured i'd put it up anyway..about 20 minutes to post

santa anita

R4 #3 navajo dreamer (6-1)
    R5 #5 uno trouble maker (7-2)
    R7 #7 lucky lula (6-1)
    R9 #5 hoover tower (20-1)
    R9 #2 starting bloc (3-1) half unit hedge

Bleeker have a question for you about parx today races 4.16. Irad ortiz came in to ride 2 claiming races, won both of them, i thought it he was riding 2 servis horses, i will back him when he does. But 1 Pennington rode and went off the favorite race 6. I just took ortizs horse. Paid 7.20 and Pennington came i second 20 ex. Just was wondering what you think when you see top jocks go to other tracks, especially claiming races ?? Thanks

Bleeker have a question for you about parx today races 4.16. Irad ortiz came in to ride 2 claiming races, won both of them, i thought it he was riding 2 servis horses, i will back him when he does. But 1 Pennington rode and went off the favorite race 6. I just took ortizs horse. Paid 7.20 and Pennington came i second 20 ex. Just was wondering what you think when you see top jocks go to other tracks, especially claiming races ?? Thanks

has to be a real positive as far as the horses chances are concerned.. guessing the servis horse is what he was there for and he picks up a mount the race before.. his share of the servis horse winnings after he pays his jockey agent probably around $1400.. w/o looking at the PP's and going off 3-5 sure he knew there was a high likelihood he'd win.

only problem I forsee is getting value..a top jockey going to a lower class track isn't exactly a secret to bettors.. I like to look for things that aren't obvious.. so for me I don't like the chance of it being profitable long haul but glad you caught the exacta yesterday
    Last edited by bleeker; 04-17-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Yeah thanks bleeker for your input

keeneland

R2 #1 riverboat gambler (10-1)
    R3 #8 always mining (4-1)
    R4 #2 speedmeister (5-2)
    R5 #7 peru (4-1)
    R6 #1 flout (10-1)
    R8 #6 heartwood (6-1)
    Last edited by bleeker; 04-18-2018 at 11:45 AM.