R3 #4 our first candy (5-1)
    R4 #8 the pooch (8-1)
    R5 #6 egyptian pioneer (7-2)

R6 #7 forest blue (2-1)
    R7 #5 down with the king (20-1)same race
    R7 #8 one more round (15-1) same race
    R9 #9 seat of honor (20-1)
    R11#6 dancingthhnydaway (6-1)
    Last edited by bleeker; 01-28-2019, 11:03 AM.
    ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

• Re: horse plays

finished
      ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

ugly day.. actually days... going to try something new and not going to say what it is..there will be a lot fewer plays.. it will be graded and it will be in bold face to distinguish it's something different..
        bets will vary from 3WP - 1WP*

* win and place
        Last edited by bleeker; 01-28-2019, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Ok Bleeker sounds like a plan ! Looking forward to seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim13 View Post
            Ok Bleeker sounds like a plan ! Looking forward to seeing it.
            thanks jim.. going to try and focus on some unconventional things I've seen over the 4 decades I've been playing.. it's based on running lines and horses exiting fast races determined by speed figures..the challenge will be to make decisions in the grey areas as things are usually not black and white.. also to have the discipline to stay with it.. the take is too high in this game and if you post in advance too many horses go off at odds that are unplayable if I had waited till close to post time.. have to be more focused with fewer plays that I feel have a larger edge over the long haul.. going to commit to at least 100 plays.. that is not enough to draw a conclusion either way but have to keep track or why bother.. with fewer plays this will be less of a chore.. bottomline there will still be a lot more losers than winners especially at the high odds level.. that will be compensated for with bet sizing (less on higher morning line odds)..feel I need a fresh challenge so give this a whirl

Comment

parx

R4 #6 happier you (20-1) 1WP
              R8 #5 the morning guys (15-1) 1WP

mahoning

R2 #2 cielo lindo (3-1)* 1WP
              R4 #7 big ohio (6-1) 1WP

will only go 1WP at small tracks no matter what the odds
              * means I'd go more outside of grading
              Last edited by bleeker; 01-29-2019, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Sounds good Bleeker, looking forward to the new handicapping selections. Yeah it's tough posting plays in advance, especially the way the syndicates are doing batch wagering. The odds are going off alot lower especially out of the gate. That is why I was going to focus on Oaklawn I believe they do not allow batch wagering?? But of course by ADW, Amwager, does not carry CD tracks unless its the Derby. Some my buddy puts them in for me in his site. GL on the new handicapping and was wondering is it not worth also doing a show wager if they are high MLS? You only suggest W/P? Thanks Jim

Comment

Sounds good Bleeker, looking forward to the new handicapping selections. Yeah it's tough posting plays in advance, especially the way the syndicates are doing batch wagering. The odds are going off alot lower especially out of the gate. That is why I was going to focus on Oaklawn I believe they do not allow batch wagering?? But of course by ADW, Amwager, does not carry CD tracks unless its the Derby. Some my buddy puts them in for me in his site. GL on the new handicapping and was wondering is it not worth also doing a show wager if they are high MLS? You only suggest W/P? Thanks Jim

yeah the money that hits the pools late and makes the 9-2 a 3-1 is a killer.. believe that is because of the simulcast money coming from off track sites.. still if it had registered earlier
                  on the toteboard and you were playing live it might affect your decision on whether to play or not.. I read a long while back that tote technology hasn't been upgraded in a long while and the industry as a whole will not spend the money on it which I'm sure is substantial

I have always been of the school that show wagering offers no value but I can't give you any concrete proof of that.. just the people who I've read feel that way.. i'd rather save the bet when
                  it runs out of the money but that's just me..understand I miss when it does come 3rd and you'd only be playing high odds that way.. have a hunch it's not that big a deal either way

Comment

Thanks Bleeker for the advice. Yeah I believe it was SA had a horse 6-1 with 0 mins till post, gates open went to 2-1?? I won, but can't stand that !! I won't play the selections at certain prices

Comment

Thanks Bleeker for the advice. Yeah I believe it was SA had a horse 6-1 with 0 mins till post, gates open went to 2-1?? I won, but can't stand that !! I won't play the selections at certain prices

yes ...that'll do you in over the long haul.. happens too often and extremely frustrating to put it mildly.. add that to the track take in the exotics and not sure why I even bother sometimes..

on a separate note just want to mention I added mahoning 2 4..save a post

Comment

Originally posted by bleeker View Post
                        parx

R4 #6 happier you (20-1) 1WP
                        R8 #5 the morning guys (15-1) 1WP..3rd @ 17-1

mahoning

R2 #2 cielo lindo (3-1)* 1WP
                        R4 #7 big ohio (6-1) 1WP

will only go 1WP at small tracks no matter what the odds
                        * means I'd go more outside of grading

4 plays
                        11.75 avg odds
                        8 invested
                        0 return
                        Last edited by bleeker; 01-29-2019, 06:27 PM.

Comment

gulfstream

R6 #3 queen lizzie (20-1) 1WP
                          R8 #5 dunk (5-1) 2WP
                          R10 #1 indurate (8-1) 2WP

tampa bay

R2 #6 she'ssuchaknockout (6-1)**
                          R6 #9 christa's kitten (8-1) 2WP...off turf no play
                          R7 #1 land code (7-2) 3WP
                          R9 #6 activated (5-2) 3WP

**first time starter which doesn't fall into what I'm currently looking for.. not rating
                          Last edited by bleeker; 01-30-2019, 10:03 AM.

Comment

GL Bleeker with today's selections !

Comment

GL Bleeker with today's selections !
                              thanks jim

some updates

tampa R2.. had # WRONG ... it's 6 not 2 corrected above

tampa R6 off turf so no play

added tampa R9
                              Last edited by bleeker; 01-30-2019, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bleeker View Post
                                gulfstream

R6 #3 queen lizzie (20-1) 1WP fell to her face at the start
                                R8 #5 dunk (5-1) 2WP
                                R10 #1 indurate (8-1) 2WP 3rd @ 7-1

tampa bay

R2 #6 she'ssuchaknockout (6-1)** disqualified from 2nd
                                R6 #9 christa's kitten (8-1) 2WP...off turf no play
                                R7 #1 land code (7-2) 3WP.. 3rd @ 2-1
                                R9 #6 activated (5-2) 3WP ..3rd @ even money

**first time starter which doesn't fall into what I'm currently looking for.. not rating

9 plays
                                8.1 avg odds
                                $30 invested
                                0 return

my share of bad luck lately but that's how it goes..not only stumbles and dq's but horses not getting the best trips..subtle stuff like running between horses,getting stuck behind horses,getting pressed from the outside by horses with no shot (high odds) ) ..but the other side of that is sometimes that'll happen to other's and help me..it all evens out in the end imo
                                Last edited by bleeker; 01-31-2019, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X