horse plays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: horse plays

I totally agree in what you said about the Derby. I was watching with friends that do not watch enough race and they couldn't understand it. It was just to bad it happened on the biggest Joe public day. In my opinion horse racing needs help to survive. Especially with sports being legalized in alot more states. I know as soon as it becomes legal in my state I will be wagering alot less on horses. Racing needs to allow fixed odds, lower takeout and free past performances and allow all ADW sites to carry all the tracks. It's a shame that Twinspires has so much control. I use AmWager and I couldn't wager on the Derby via there site. Doesn't matter I had a great time at Mohegan Sun and hit the exacta lol !!!

Comment

I have 1 play at Louisiana downs
      Race 5 #7 Rebel Gentleman

We have fixed odds with him to win at 4-1

It will probably go off lower. This is what I like about fixed odds, we place our bets and if we can't watch we are good, we know the odds and don't have to worry if it gets better down to 4/5 !! Because I would never play that odds !!! Only time I play a favorite with low odds is even money fixed and that's very seldom. If that is all you play is favorites your bankroll will never last in this game !!! In my opinion lol. I'm off my soap bax

Comment

Originally posted by Jim13 View Post
        I totally agree in what you said about the Derby. I was watching with friends that do not watch enough race and they couldn't understand it. It was just to bad it happened on the biggest Joe public day. In my opinion horse racing needs help to survive. Especially with sports being legalized in alot more states. I know as soon as it becomes legal in my state I will be wagering alot less on horses. Racing needs to allow fixed odds, lower takeout and free past performances and allow all ADW sites to carry all the tracks. It's a shame that Twinspires has so much control. I use AmWager and I couldn't wager on the Derby via there site. Doesn't matter I had a great time at Mohegan Sun and hit the exacta lol !!!
        yes it was a terrible time for it to happen but the call was the right one imo..but to take down the favorite and put up a 65-1 is just horrendous in this race..as you said leaves a bad impression on the once a year race goers or players for that matter..but I think in reality they'll be back to the derby next year and a large majority are not going to be long term regular players anyway

I agree that the game needs the things you said..while there would certainly be an uptick in volume with lower takeout it wouldn't be enough to make it stick..think large players will always be able to get discounts but the little guy very small ones..the odds fluctuations overall are really a deal breaker for big players (or small for that matrer) imo..fixed odds better no pun way to go if it can be implemented on a large scale..free past performances I think will eventually happen from what i've read..that would definitely stimulate interest

nice exacta wow !! paid about $3k for $2 if I remember correctly..so you obviously were happy they took him down..good job
        ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

I have 1 play at Louisiana downs
          Race 5 #7 Rebel Gentleman

We have fixed odds with him to win at 4-1

It will probably go off lower. This is what I like about fixed odds, we place our bets and if we can't watch we are good, we know the odds and don't have to worry if it gets better down to 4/5 !! Because I would never play that odds !!! Only time I play a favorite with low odds is even money fixed and that's very seldom. If that is all you play is favorites your bankroll will never last in this game !!! In my opinion lol. I'm off my soap bax
          wish I could take a peak but can't look at the pp's for that race...good luck
          ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

finished thistledown and did 3 races from Indiana and that will do it there

Comment

added louisiana R4..that'll do it

Comment

Yeah Bleeker it was a nice exacta ! We actually had the tri also before it was taken down. We played .1, 7, 13, 14, 20 box. But what are you goin do. It was the correct call. Yeah my l downs lost, came in second. But went off as even money !! With the fixed odds you get so much more value in the long run. I'll be focusing on Belmont and will post any stand outs. I really just focus on the late pic 4. I believe it's won of the best

Comment

Yeah Bleeker it was a nice exacta ! We actually had the tri also before it was taken down. We played .1, 7, 13, 14, 20 box. But what are you goin do. It was the correct call. Yeah my l downs lost, came in second. But went off as even money !! With the fixed odds you get so much more value in the long run. I'll be focusing on Belmont and will post any stand outs. I really just focus on the late pic 4. I believe it's won of the best

yeah you lock in higher odds like that a huge edge.. belmont pick 4 is a good bet as p4's with a good price or two over time pay more than the parlay price... gonna include my indiana picks in this post

indiana

R3 #8 fever temple (9-2)
                  R4 #6 goldenpence (5-2)
                  R5 #2 speed effect (6-1)
                  R7 #2 cake ina can (5-1)

part of an entry with same jockey named

thistledown

R1 #6 orbital flag (7-2)

possibly 1 or 2 more but not before R6.. going to look at louisiana also(4:15)
                  Last edited by bleeker; 05-08-2019, 12:00 PM.

Comment

added thistledown 1

Comment

belmont thursday

R3 #8 mythajacul (30-1)
                      R4 #1 traffic stop (8-1)
                      R7 #3 entry (4-1) like both.. diff jocks named
                      R8 #5 rocketry (9-5)
                      R9 #8 sadie lady (9-2)

pimlico

R2 #6 just one not two (5-1)

half sibling broke maiden 2nd out with this rider aboard.. it was on 6/30/2017 as a 2yo so even those this is a debut horse good to know sibling won early (this is a 2yo)..interesting that trainer (same owner/breeder) has another first time starter (#1) who's by the same sire as this ones half sibling.. this one by new year's day who's the sire of maximum security and an above avg first out sire

my research.. not just rewritten

R4 #3 promote (3-1)
                      R6 #9 awesome agenda (3-1)

churchill

R5 #2 finer things (9-2)
                      R6 #6 trapezoid (6-1) 666
                      R8 #2 zaevion (9-2)
                      Last edited by bleeker; 05-09-2019, 05:23 PM.

Comment

added pimlico 2 4 6..done
                        Last edited by bleeker; 05-09-2019, 12:15 PM.

Comment

added churchill 5 6 8

Comment

didnt like what I saw at belmont and pimlico

churchill

R3 #3 hassle (6-1)
                            R5 #5 buster brown boy (10-1)
                            R6 #4 say it ain't so (7-2)
                            R8 #2 traveling (20-1)
                            R9 #6 gins and tins (8-1)
                            Last edited by bleeker; 05-10-2019, 12:49 PM.

Comment

finished churchill

Comment

belmont

R4 #3 peter pan grade 3

#3 global campaign (8-5)

being close to the fast pace 8n the fountain of youth too much for him..like two efforts before that and gets to try a 1 1/8 going one turn at the only place you can do that..curlin out of an ap indy mare and think this one will be belmont stakes bound

R5 #1 calamity cat (6-1)
                                R8 #6 pallas athene (15-1)

R10 man o' war grade 1

#2 zulu alpha (4-1)

1 3/8 mile turf would seem to be perfect distance going by the 1 1/2 efforts..should be nicely legged up off last race an has come back in 3 weeks and ran big both times in his last ten races..castellano rides

R11 #8 wicked grin (7-2)

monmouth

R5 #3 amarone (6-1)

combination of bad posts and better company have compromised her chances in first 3 races...capable turf rider,better draw and shaded form.. could see a wake up today

R8 #3 true prosperity (7-2)

caught an extremely fast group of statebred maidens at aqueduct in january.. comes to monmouth for 2nd career start and faces much weaker competition (mdn clm 25k).. all speed pedigree and its modest enough that the drop doesn't bother me

R9 #7 black tonight (7-2)

should whoop this bunch at 3-2

R11 #2 compagno

I get a jockey who's 0/17 on the turf this year but the horse fits very well.. like the even turf sprint vs open 50k claimers at aqueduct last out as a stretchout race and many of her past 2 turn turf attempts fit well here.. monmouth a step down from fairgrounds imo

churchill

R6 #3 wetumka (5-1)
                                R7 #7 impossible mission (12-1)
                                R8 #6 lucky union (12-1)

R10 #1 iva (12-1)
                                R10 #2 raintree starlett (20-1)

.75 units each

R11 #7 dos vinos (8-1)
                                Last edited by bleeker; 05-11-2019, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X