Page 84 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2432

Thread: horse plays

Re: horse plays

finished
    ( ) in football are avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..not going to restrict horse plays anymore but I definitely focus on certain types I like better than others

Quote Originally Posted by bleeker View Post
    thistledown

R1 #6 raging saint (6-1)

indiana grand

R2 #7 major bluff (15-1)
    R3 #5 regal wildcat (6-1)

R4 #4 ruling empire (4-5)

not a bet but if they have show wagering could see bridgejumpers here.. first time starter ridiculous mismatch on pedigree and connections alone..
    I doubt the billionaires at Qatar racing care that the msw purse is about 20k less here vs major tracks

R6 #4 sureis (3-1)

sure will be an underlay but looks much better to me

have to say this was a very bad call.. way I described it he would win easy at 2-5 or less and there'd be a minus show pool.. there was no show betting.. finished 3rd at 4-5 which probably is a bad sign to begin with as morning line 4-5's are supposed to go off much lower.. winner was another first time starter ($27) and to me a real head scratcher
    Last edited by bleeker; 05-15-2018 at 04:08 PM.
    ( ) in football are avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..not going to restrict horse plays anymore but I definitely focus on certain types I like better than others

preakness

sporting chance

i'm a long time critic of d wayne lukas and feel since his glory days in the 80's and 90's he does very little with the good stock he gets to work with overall..realize he's had some good ones but not enough imo...according to brisnet stats he is 3/96 in graded stakes and not sure how far that goes back ..pretty awful

that being said and factoring in the value I'll be getting going to take a shot with him in the preakness..like the fact he is a 575k yearling purchase by dual bc classic winner tiznow..after a solid 2nd in his debut at churchill breaks his maiden in his next race at saratoga..follows that up with a win in the g1 hopefull at 7f knocking heads all the way around on a very fair pace according to brisnet

without commenting race to race on his 3yo year I feel he has been compromised by multiple factors..bad posts,off tracks and some less than favorable trips..understand he ran on the same day as the derby in the pat day mile and therefore comes back on the same short rest..I'm bucking the negatives (trainer,short rest) and hoping in a small field on what will hopefully be a fast track that he can return to his 2yo form..and what better name for a horse like this anyway
    Last edited by bleeker; 05-15-2018 at 10:06 PM.

belmont

R6 #5 scat back (30-1)

that's it for today

Good post for the preakness bleeker ! You always have some good info. How do you feel with sporting chance if it an off track, maybe some ran in the forecast??

Quote Originally Posted by Jim13 View Post
    Good post for the preakness bleeker ! You always have some good info. How do you feel with sporting chance if it an off track, maybe some ran in the forecast??
    thanks jim...even though I used it as an excuse I don't think it's a huge big deal..would ideally like it to be on a fast surface but as you said it's looking unlikely..his 3 off track races

1) won the g1 hopefull at saratoga on a good track

2) his 3yo debut off a 5 month layoff in the southwest at oaklawn ..a decent 3rd with a troubled trip on a muddy track..fine with that

3) his last race on derby day in the pat day mile..broke from the 11 post on obviously a sloppy track ..finished 4th of 14 and comments "checked at 5/8th and 8 wide "..fine with that effort

by tiznow out of a candy ride mare
    and both of those are well above average off track sires

wouldn't hold it as a big strike against if it's an off track
    Last edited by bleeker; 05-16-2018 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bleeker View Post
    thanks jim...even though I used it as an excuse I don't think it's a huge big deal..would ideally like it to be on a fast surface but as you said it's looking unlikely..his 3 off track races

1) won the g1 hopefull at saratoga on a good track

2) his 3yo debut off a 5 month layoff in the southwest at oaklawn ..a decent 3rd with a troubled trip on a muddy track..fine with that

3) his last race on derby day in the pat day mile..broke from the 11 post on obviously a sloppy track ..finished 4th of 14 and comments "checked at 5/8th and 8 wide "..fine with that effort

by tiznow out of a candy ride mare
    and both of those are well above average off track sires

wouldn't hold it as a big strike against if it's an off track
    bottom line if I were to invest 100 on the race on a dry track i'd knock it down to 70 on a wet track..figuring justify will be around 2-5 and sporting chance around 40-1..

I will use 100 as an example and if the track is off do about 70% of this..

sc= sporting chance
    ju=justify
    gm =good magic

50 win sc
    35 exacta ju/sc
    7 exacta gm/sc
    6 triple ju/gm/sc
    2 triple gm/ju/sc

100 total

as a frame of reference i would bet this amount if my average bet on a horse race were about 30-40
    Last edited by bleeker; 05-17-2018 at 07:22 AM.

Thanks for the info bleeker !! All the talking i keep hearing sound like justify has won the race already lol !! Keep talking with he be able to do the distance at belmont

Thanks for the info bleeker !! All the talking i keep hearing sound like justify has won the race already lol !! Keep talking with he be able to do the distance at belmont
    really is a shame though..he's a great horse and you'd like to see him get the chance to run these races on a fast track which looks like it's not happening..supposed to be about 3 inches of rain through saturday

churchill ..5pm post

R3 #4 grit and glory (4-1)
    R5 #1 tofino (7-2)
    R6 xbox 37
    R8 #3 purimeter (15-1)

pimlico

R1 #9 my diva (20-1)

first time starter whose sire is above average off track and out of a stakes placed dam who broke her maiden first time out at santa anita.. solid works leading up to this

probably not playing much today

post 2082 preakness

pimlico

R10 #7 laki (15-1)

indiana grand

R4 #5 promises to keep (6-1)
    R9 #6 sir dagan (9-2)

belmont

R2 #6 andrea's pride (4-1)
    R5 #2 quaff (12-1)
    R7 #3 flipped (4-1)

pimlico

R7 #1 trust the process (10-1)

churchill.. 5pm

R1 #6 pure speculation (7-2)
    R8 #9 boru (15-1)

santa anita

R8 #8 silver fury (5-1)
    Last edited by bleeker; 05-24-2018 at 06:36 PM.

finished belmont and also added R7 @ pimlico.. probably look at CD and SA

added churchill

added last at santa anita

belmont

R2 #9 bagging (5-1)
    R7 #3 lightworker (6-1)
    R9 #5 admission office (6-1)*
    R9 #8 mr discretionary (12-1)*

* 2 horses in the 9th

pimlico

R3 #5 king koa (7-2)
    R9 #4 mischievous star (4-1)

santa anita

R8 #9 soft trip (30-1)

lone star

R4 #3 of course you can (12-1)

Last edited by bleeker; 05-25-2018 at 07:49 PM.

added pimlico

added santa anita R8

added lone star R4.. 9pm

Bleeker boy did the 5 admission office close like a freight train !! May i ask you what did you like about the first time starter ?? Thanks Jim

Bleeker boy did the 5 admission office close like a freight train !! May i ask you what did you like about the first time starter ?? Thanks Jim
    sure jim...well start with chad brown who is tremendous at winning first out grass 2 turns.. I know you like the ortiz brothers and with jose he's 11/29 this year.. horse has a big time pedigree.. he's by the sire point of entry who's a son of dynaformer which is good for turf and distance.. out of a royal academy (turf, distance also) mare who's had 5 winners from 6 starters and all 5 won on the turf including 1 stakes winner..the dam production index was very high and I found out after the race that he's a half sibling to a million $ +earner.. he never kills them in the morning so workout times mean little to me..put it all together it's a pretty nice package even by chad's standards

monmouth

R4 #4 so hot (30-1)
    R5 #4 return of a giant (10-1)
    R6 #7 aqua teen (3-1)
    R13 #5 eastern front (8-1)

belmont

R6 #8 fair archer (10-1)
    R10 ##6 causforcelebration (2-1)

santa anita

R4 #4 jazaalah (4-1)
    R8 #4 sophie (12-1)
    R9 #7 it's a new year (7-2)
    Last edited by bleeker; 05-26-2018 at 05:01 PM.

finished monmouth