X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: horse plays

added del mar R3.. only one I left out the other day

post 2217
    ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

del mar

R1 #4 watch me burn (3-1)
      R2 #8 welldidyougetit (9-2)
      R5 #4 joejoe's kingdom (7-2)

R8 #9 charming slew (20-1)
      R8 #3 unusual gold (20-1) half unit
      Last edited by bleeker; 07-19-2018, 10:47 AM.
      ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

finished del mar

Comment

going to resume this thread tomorrow..from here on out am going to focus more on a category I feel most comfortable with which is maiden races. .like these better for a few reasons..one is most people don't like them as 1st time starters are hard to gage without pedigree and trainer info..they tend to bet the 1 or 2
          who've already run at least decent and there's nothing
          more obvious than doing that..I prefer horses if they have run to only have given a little glimpse of their talent without showing too much..then add pedigree and trainer data..I feel you get value that way..only other type of races I will do will be stakes races..going to keep it to del mar and saratoga only for now
          Last edited by bleeker; 07-24-2018, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bleeker View Post
            going to resume this thread tomorrow..from here on out am going to focus more on a category I feel most comfortable with which is maiden races. .like these better for a few reasons..one is most people don't like them as 1st time starters are hard to gage without pedigree and trainer info..they tend to bet the 1 or 2
            who've already run at least decent and there's nothing
            more obvious than doing that..I prefer horses if they have run to only have given a little glimpse of their talent without showing too much..then add pedigree and trainer data..I feel you get value that way..only other type of races I will do will be stakes races..going to keep it to del mar and saratoga only for now
            and one more exception will be occasional pick 6's..there's a 200k carryover at saratoga tomorrow which should top $1M if weather is ok

Comment

and one more exception will be occasional pick 6's..there's a 200k carryover at saratoga tomorrow which should top $1M if weather is ok

R5 #6 time warp (6-1)

cost a lot relative to pedigree..bullet 3f work of 27 on the tab 2 back (last 2 works this track)..been working steadily since 5/4 at keeneland..tough vs field of ny breds..couple of other expensive firsters but like this one best

R10 #11 four knights (9-2)

del mar

R2 #4 littlebitamedal (8-1)
              R2 #5 earnednevergiven (6-1)
              Last edited by bleeker; 07-25-2018, 02:59 PM.

Comment

added dmr 2

Comment

added R10 saratoga

Comment

gonna sneak a hurdle race in here

saratoga R1 #3 oskar denarius (15-1)

european off a nearly 3 year layoff and never raced over the jumps is trying a grade 1 ?? those bloodlines can't hurt his chances and despite of his age 7 he only has 7 races (and running in the 7th month of the year... 777).. off going wouldn't hurt him either.. checked out the trainer (ben pauling) and looks like a pretty serious outfit.. stab but some interesting things

Comment

saratoga

R2.. 34 ex box (2 favorites)

#3 gravitating (2-1)

jeremiah englehart 4/8 and 75% in the money drop off the claim and 30/69 (that's sick) with 2+ class droppers. owned by billionaire mike repole who probably wants the owner's title at the meet

#4 generalist (2-1)

chad brown 4/4 with 2+ class droppers and 25/86 going turf to dirt

R4 #10 fiduciary values (off turf)

R7

#4 into a hot spot (10-1)

debuter with good pedigree for class, mud, sprint.. first foal out of a stakes placed indian Charlie mare

#7 lunar phase (12-1)

big pedigree,speed to the half in debut at belmont and gets first lasix today.. just has the feel of a horse set up to run big here.. rosario 8/31riding for clement

R10 #5 paradise retained (4-1)

R6

#3 terrible red (20-1)??
                      #5 air jockey (5-1)

R8

#5 handsome john (7-2)

going to look at others

Last edited by bleeker; 07-26-2018, 05:46 PM.

Comment

gonna sneak a hurdle race in here

saratoga R1 #3 oskar denarius (15-1)

european off a nearly 3 year layoff and never raced over the jumps is trying a grade 1 ?? those bloodlines can't hurt his chances and despite of his age 7 he only has 7 races (and running in the 7th month of the year... 777).. off going wouldn't hurt him either.. checked out the trainer (ben pauling) and looks like a pretty serious outfit.. stab but some interesting things

canceled off turf

added R4

Comment

added R10

Comment

added del mar R6

Comment

finished del mar

Comment

saratoga

R1 exacta 46

sure there'll be a minus show pool on the 6...collosal mismatch but no value of course even having the exacta.. usually when a huge favorite finishes 2nd you do get value relative to the odds.. #4-frosted ice has some virtues.. out of a winning smoke glacken (speed) mare who has a 2yo winner from 2 starters.. dpi is a solid 3.46 so that runner , without looking it up, had to be a decent .. saez rides and the works, while not spectacular,, are solid

Comment

Working...
                                X