Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: horse plays

Originally posted by Darkhorsecapper17 View Post
    i usually get a form and just study the night before.. I usually do pick 3/4's daily doubles etc.. Knock on wood but was extremely lucky last time at oaklawn. Just trying to see if anyone was doing well....

I think if you only go once in a while do it on your own even if ultimately you do buy some picks.. i'll definitely be capping that as long as it isn't an off track.. sure it'll be a good card
    ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

added turf paradise R8 (6:13)
      ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

Would not recommend any touts either. They only show the big hits. Save your money. Racing dudes play all the tracks which is never good in the long run. Show when they hit the big pick 4, but don't tell you their tickets cost 500 per, and if they are playing all the tracks, you will never come out ahead. Try to focus on a single track and learn all you can about that track. Touts just take your money

Comment

Originally posted by Jim13 View Post
          Would not recommend any touts either. They only show the big hits. Save your money. Racing dudes play all the tracks which is never good in the long run. Show when they hit the big pick 4, but don't tell you their tickets cost 500 per, and if they are playing all the tracks, you will never come out ahead. Try to focus on a single track and learn all you can about that track. Touts just take your money

good to know jim.. not surprised

Comment

gulfstream

R1 #7 zuliano (15-1)
            R2 #1 maximum security (3-5) no play

same ownership as game winner but this one they bred.. inexpensive $5k stud fee and wouldn't be surprised if they raced the sire as the owner's usually buy and breed expensive horses... undefeated in two sprints in his first 2 starts that he won by a combined 16+ lengths.. should be a stakes horse by his next start.. could see someone hopping in big in the show pool here

R3 #6 stylishly (15-1)
            R4 #5 hollywood strike (9-2)
            R5 #4 felon (15-1) 2WP

R8 #9 la chauffer (8-1) 2WP
            R9 #3 c 'era una volta (6-1) 2WP
            R11 #10 remember joey t (20-1) 1WP

tampa

R1 #1 i'm a g six (2-1) 3W
            R2 #8 fun and games (5-1) 2WP
            R3 #4 tom's music (8-1) 1WP
            R4 #10 el soldador (4-1) 2WP
            R5 #9 rollin (30-1) 1WP

R8 #6 strange design (5-1)

#1 is a half sister to JUSTIFY.. curious they would debut her two turns on the turf ??

R9 #5 bourbon endowment (5-2) 2WP

delta downs (8:52)

R6 #4 lady belacqua (6-1) 1WP
            R7 #1 aaron's bluff (4-1)
            R9 #1 flying south (5-2) 2W
            Last edited by bleeker; 02-20-2019, 06:54 PM.

Comment

finished both tracks

Comment

Wow Bleeker what a run by maximum security !!! Just watched the replay. It was the easiest 10 cents I ever won lol !!!

Comment

Wow Bleeker what a run by maximum security !!! Just watched the replay. It was the easiest 10 cents I ever won lol !!!

yeah jim that's about as impressive an effort as you can have.. barely asked him quite a ways into the stretch and just opened up and won by 18+ lengths going away.. gabby on tvg thinks they might take a shot at the fountain of youth next saturday and that wouldn't surprise me a bit
                  Last edited by bleeker; 02-20-2019, 02:21 PM.

Comment

added delta downs 6 7 9

Comment

going to give up on grading plays for a while.. struggled with limiting plays and that's why I even decided to grade them in the first place

only doing spot plays.. no good
                      spot plays amongst regular plays.. no good

next attempt would be limiting graded plays to 2 per track/day forcing me to be selective.. take it up again somewhere down the road

will tally the 3 days I did in the next couple of days

Comment

laurel

R5 #10 umightbeanempress (5-1)
                        R6 #7 triforgold (8-1)
                        R8 #8 caitriona (5-2)

Comment

laurel

R5 #10 umightbeanempress (5-1)
                          R6 #7 triforgold (8-1)
                          R8 #8 caitriona (5-2)

gulfstream

R1 #7 king orb (5-2)
                          R2 #2 country girl shirl (20-1)
                          R5 #6 transistor (2-1)
                          R6 #8 cool hand coop (15-1)don't get morning line??

oaklawn

R4 #2 gone dancing (8-1)
                          R6 #8 my macho mon (8-1)
                          R7 #2 cc's baby girl (20-1)
                          R8 #6 lunar orbit (4-1)
                          Last edited by bleeker; 02-21-2019, 02:04 PM.

Comment

added gulfstream 1 2 5 6

more later this afternoon

Comment

No rated plays today Bleeker?

Comment

No rated plays today Bleeker?
                                i'm getting away from rating plays for awhile jim..as o said I wasn't narrowing things down enough and that's what I had in mind from the beginning..it's harder than I thought..going to try it again in the future with a 2 horse limit per track/day for best bets..best bets could be 4-5 or 45-1 just a question if I feel they're a bit above avg edge plays..just feel like a break from grading plays after doing it for the other 198 recently

Comment

Working...
                                X