• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: horse plays

4 years

saratoga

R1 #7 inside info (6-1)

of course like this name for a debut horse.. main reason is very expensive for the pedigree specs.. nice works leading up to this

R2 #6 dunph (7-2)

broke his maiden in his debut 11 starts back as a 2yo..followed that up with a big figure restricted stakes win going 7f at churchill.. since then only been in stakes, grass, two turns.. not 7f or any sprint distance on the dirt.. today he is (7 on the dirt).. this is a $75k claimer for 3yo that has a listed stakes/G3 quality field imo..also he ran the type of a line at 5.5f turf sprint last out that is a nice primer for going the extra distance today.. not closing and going further which i don't like

R3 #8 corcoran (20-1)

expensive well bred son of curlin making his 2nd career start.. his debut was on the slop at saratoga (off the turf race) and did little but that doesn't faze me at all

R4 #8 prarie fire (8-1)

bet we'll in his debut at belmont last september as a 2yo and did little although bit of a trouble line.. red hot trainer, irad rides and big works.. want to emphasize workouts are always a 3rd or 4th reason for me.. treat them like extra credit work in school as it's nice to have them but I don't downgrade a horse for slow works

R5 #6 fuel the bern (5-1)

R6 #9 codrington (8-1)

feel there's been some legitimate excuses like yielding turf (twice) and extreme posts.. his bottom 3 at monmouth good fit.. last two not bad.. gets jose ortiz

R7 #3 aquaphobia (4-1)

trainer excels 2nd off a layoff and this horse very consistent with giving it a go at this level.. caramouche 2/5 last 60 days with trainer and at least one was a very big price.. solid works following and preceding last race

R9 #6 montauk daddy (2-1)

R10 #5 i'm elmer j fudd (12-1)

like his last running line as a precursor to stretching out and was a troubled trip to boot ...showed speed to the half in his debut 2 back.. combine the solid works with what he got out of his first two career starts and has some solid conditioning in him for his 3rd career start.. returning in 6 days has to be a good sign

laurel

R6 #5 rooftop bar (6-1)

2yo fts** homebred with a speed (top, bottom), win early, classy pedigree .. dam was a stakes winner and has 2 winners from as many starters.. 100% 2yo winners so either one or both siblings started at 2.. young trainer very profitable with maidens

** first time starter

del mar ..7pm post

R3 #3 ten cents (4-1)
    R4 #5 donut girl (6-1)
    R6 #7 shear class (6-1)
    Last edited by bleeker; 08-16-2019, 04:28 PM.
    ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

finished
      ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

added laurel 6

Comment

added del mar 3 4 6

Comment

saratoga

dirt good or fast and turf races must be on it to play

R1 #9 acre (10-1)

swear to God this is true.. I'm looking at the pp's for this race and liking this horse.. 2yo mott 2nd time starter homebred with a great pedigree top and bottom.. sire blame above average turf.. galileo dam sire (most expensive stallion in the world).. not only that but dam stakes placed and hugely productive broodmare.. just as I'm looking at that part of the pp's i'm listening to bohemian rhapsody at the part where they say "galileo, galileo".. done

R2 #4 break curfew (3-1)
            R3 #5 embellisher (3-1)

the favorite #7 all about (2-1).. no way he should be up for $40k tag

R4 #4 giant boo boo (5-2)

trainer has many sick trainer stats applicable here including his record with jose ortiz

R5 #8 midnight tea time (8-1)
            R5 #3 stella d'oro (8-1) half unit

R6 #7 bourbon in may (6-1)

R7 #1 cost basis (6-1)
            R7 #5 unprecedented (8-1)

R8 #8 broadway run (9-2)

R10 #7 point of honor (5-2) alabama stakes.. grade 1

R11 #10 mary's girl (15-1)

only reason I like is irad riding first time.. makes no sense on the pp's why he'd jump on this one.. outside a little favorable at 7 F here

del mar

R2 #4 samurai charm (4-1)

maiden claiming $150k.. this is an excellent condition as it keeps the baffert monsters out yet you get a nice bunch of horses.. this one (firster) trainer on fire this meet..sensational in maiden claiming races.. jock only time he rode for him $52 horse.. unraced dam 6 winners from as many starters and has hit with a high % of winners from starters as 2yo's

R4 #5 clem labine (5-1)
            R5 #11 lambeau (15-1)

first time starter who's extraordinarily expensive for pedigree.. big time connections and have to think they'd like to look good on the undercard on pacific classic day.. trainer has hit some prices with debut turf horses

R6 #3 honor a p (12-1)
            R7 #7 itsinthepost(7-2)
            R8 #8 kim k (5-1)

R10 #3 PAVEL (7-2) PACIFIC CLASSIC G1
            Last edited by bleeker; 08-17-2019, 04:38 PM.

Comment

finished saratoga .. going to look at del mar.. they have their biggest card of the year featuring the grade 1 pacific classic.. first race 5pm eastern

Comment

added del mar 2 4 5

Comment

finished

Comment

waiting to see track conditions at saratoga.. have a hunch some turf races may be off

monmouth

R2 #6 congaree rose (4-1)
                    R3 #1 strawberry red (5-2)
                    R4 #9 balaban (8-5)

probably odds-on but looks really tough.. jason servis placed right and fresh.. outside in turf sprints doing well with a small sample to go by

R6 #1 summer mischief (5-1)

saratoga.. know it's off the turf for certain races

R3 #4 in good spirits (6-1)

horse that cost a good amount for the pedigree (even with one of the better sires), one of the best first out trainers.. works on the slow side but that gets you a price

R5 #6 wicked spirit (8-1)
                    R5 #3 palace avenger (4-1) half unit

just looking to make a little or break even if latter wins.. respect her

R6 #7 abilene trail (9-2)
                    Last edited by bleeker; 08-18-2019, 12:59 PM.

Comment

added saratoga 3 5

Comment

added saratoga 6..done for today

Comment

looks like bad weather at saratoga tomorrow.. probably stay away

Comment

saratoga

know the conditions

R8 #8 morisette (8-1) 888
                            R9 #7 amundson (9-2)
                            R10 #16 queen kahen

del mar

R3 #5 beautiful thunder (5-1)
                            R4 #8 potantico (20-1)
                            R5 #3 terry's tom cat (12-1)
                            R8 #2 octopus (12-1)
                            Last edited by bleeker; 08-21-2019, 04:45 PM.

Comment

added del mar 3-5

Comment

finished del mar

Comment

Working...
                                X