• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: horse plays

royal ascot thursday.. 9:30am first race

R1 norfolk stakes g2

<<< #5 land force (12-1) >>>

debuts in april and is 3rd by 2.75 lengths¹...

2nd start 29 days² later breaks maiden..

back in 14 days stakes race 3rd by 2.5 lengths¹..

back in 26 days²

cost 413k and is by probably the hottest first year sire there is whose a son of the overall hottest sire there is scat daddy

R2 hampton court stakes g3

<<< #5 key victory (4-1) >>>

breaks maiden first out at newmarket @ 7f in a 14 horse field ...comes back as a 3yo to win a stakes race at 10f which is pretty impressive for 2nd career start.. tries g1 horses at 10.5f in france and finishes
    8th by 3+ lengths in a 16 horse field which is not a horrible performance...back at 10f vs g3 horses which to me is a perfect spot . out of a dubawi mare (top 2 or 3 most expensive stallion) so might have something to do with his ability

R3 ribbledale stakes g2

<<< #8 sarrochi (30-1) >>>

galileo ot of an oasis dream mare so big pedigree.. broke maiden first out at 7f in a 16 horse field in ireland.. first attempt as a 3yo in a g3 stakes not good but it was on a heavy track so going to excuse it..they thought enough of her to move forward to a g1 in spite of the bad effort last out but again did nothing.. drops back to a G3 @ 10f in his last start and finishes a decent 4th.. the fact they are going to try a G2 with her off what she's done and it's at 12f intrigues me with her pedigree

R4 gold cup g1

<<< #6 vazirabad (9-2) >>>

R5 britania stakes

<<< #8 james cook (20-1) >>>

R6 king george v handicap

<<< #13 cassini (12-1) >>>
    Last edited by bleeker; 06-20-2018, 09:45 PM.
    ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

Wasnt really able to handicap the ascot card last night traveling around for work. But I do like 2 horses today 1 is a favorite and 1 is a price.

Race 4 - 2 order of st george. I have him at a fixed price of 2 to 1.

Race 6 - 3 downdraft. I have hime at 10 to 1.

Comment

Wow what a horrible ride by moore with order of st george !! You have to love horse racing sometimes lol !!!

Comment

belmont

R4 #3 susan b anthony (9-2)
          R9 #6 tammany giant (12-1)

santa anita

R5

#2 celturian (10-1)
          #3 jet set ruler (6-1)
          Last edited by bleeker; 06-21-2018, 03:17 PM.
          ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

Originally posted by Jim13 View Post
            Wow what a horrible ride by moore with order of st george !! You have to love horse racing sometimes lol !!!
            he got sandwiched a bit about the eight pole.. he was really asking him kind of early and they were saying in general he likes more give in the turf.. maybe combo cost him

Comment

Yeah i was saying to myself, wow the jock is goin early ??

Comment

getting massacred of late

added santa anita R5

Comment

going to stay away at least till later next week

Comment

Ok bleeker. Ill put some plays up if i like any

Comment

Ok bleeker. Ill put some plays up if i like any
                      go right ahead jim

Comment

going to extend the respite till the big summer meets start in ny (saratoga 7/20) and cal (del mar 7/18)

think I'm going to do a 3 race max at each track and most days will be 1 or 2..won't play everyday of course and want to emphasize quality over quantity.. both meets very challenging and hopefully will catch a few nice ones
                        Last edited by bleeker; 06-25-2018, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Ok bleeker cant wait for Saratoga, its my favorite track! I get some good values with the hurdle races. Saratoga has good prices and pools .love the guaranteed pk4s they have. I would recommend anyone that is in or around ny go to Saratoga its 1 of the best in my opion! Ive been to many tracks and they cant compete.

Comment

Ok bleeker cant wait for Saratoga, its my favorite track! I get some good values with the hurdle races. Saratoga has good prices and pools .love the guaranteed pk4s they have. I would recommend anyone that is in or around ny go to Saratoga its 1 of the best in my opion! Ive been to many tracks and they cant compete.

doing this as much as I do burnout sets in and it's best to step away for a while.. this way I'll be fresh going into the meet ...great racing and as you said a one of a kind racetrack experience if you can make it over there

Comment

indiana grand ..tuesday

R5 #4 cake in a can (12-1) 4WP

2yo debuter with slow workouts but that doesn't scare me away.. like the pedigree and trainer capable with these types

37/242 with debuters with an avg win price of $16.40

his half brother cake pop..won debut at 2 and then a minor stakes race in start 2 also as a 2yo..happened in 2016 and this was the only starter out of the stakes placed dam..had to dig for this

http://www.drf.com/news/cake-pop-com...-hoover-stakes
                              Last edited by bleeker; 07-03-2018, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Here is Demling's writeup:
                                The Grade 2 $700,000 Suburban Handicap will be run on Saturday as part of a stellar card at Belmont Park.
                                The race has drawn a field of 11, including a pair from Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert. Less than a month after winning his the Triple Crown for a second time in his career, Baffert is back at Belmont with Dr. Dorr and Hoppertunity.
                                Baffert, who has won seven of his last 12 races at Belmont, has both primed for top races and they'll be among the favorites along with Tapwrit, who won the Belmont Stakes in 2017.
                                The 132nd running of the Suburban will be race 9 on the card and post time is set for 6:18 p.m.

Here's my complete leaderboard, with post positions in parentheses:

— (5) 1. Dr. Dorr (3-1) - Whew, he's looked sharp this year, The 5-year-old son of Looking at Lucky won three in a row - including a seven and a half length score in the California Stakes - before finishing second in the Gold Cup. Baffert gets him up for this one.

— (8) 2. Hoppertunity (9-2) - The 7-year-old just keeps on turning in solid efforts; he's versatile and doesn't seem to matter what track he always runs big. The distance isn't an issue.

— (4) 3. Tapwrit (7-2) - Loves the track and should be much better in his second start of the year; was third in a Grade 3 race in his first start of the year on June 3 and should be right in the mix with the Baffert duo.

— (10) 4. Diversify (6-1) - He'll bring some more speed to the front end, but doesn't look like he's in tip-top form.

— (2) 5. War Story (5-1) - The horse I wanted to put a little higher on the leaderboard, but he always seems to fizzle a bit in these tough spots.

— (11) 6. The Lieutenant (20-1) - Comes in off a win in the All-American Stakes at Golden Gate; seems to be getting better for trainer Michael McCarthy. Could be a surprise at a huge price.

— (7) 7. Take Your Guns (8-1) - He's an improving 4-year-old and is 3-for-6 lifetime but both stakes starts were fourth-place finishes.

— (6) 8. Discreet Lover (20-1) - Most of the time seems to be fourth or fifth when he faces this kind of competition; the 5-year-old will be doing good if he can get there this time.

— (3) 9. Zanotti (20-1) - The son of Goo Ponti has four second-place finishes in four races this year, but has never faced even close to the competition that he'll see in this one.

— (1) 10. Name Changer (30-1) - Only time he's hit the board in a stakes race was a third in the 2016 West Virginia Derby. No thanks.

— (9) 11. Sorry Erik (30-1) - Only two starts this year and only wins are in allowance optional claiming races or claiming races. Sorry Erik, I'll pass.

$5 EXACTA 5 with 4,8 ($10)

$2 EXACTA 4,8 with 4,5,8 ($8)

$2 TRIFECTA 5 with 4,8, with 2,4,8,10 ($12)

$0.10 SUPERFECTA 4,5,8 with 4,5,8 with 2,4,5,7,8,10,11 with ALL ($19.20)

Comment

Working...
                                X