horse plays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: horse plays

Bleeker nice job with today selections !! That's the way to get going !! Let's get the bankroll back up again. I always thought the 2yos are the hardest to figure out. Had the exacta in the 2nd with your selection and the favorites should of played the tri too !! Should woulda coulda !!!

Comment

R2 #6 night owl (3-1)

whether ,no pun intended,they will run on the turf today
      is still in question but noticed my angle on this one ..not over the top there but without breaking it down definitely
      in the ballpark.msw 2 turns on the turf for 2yo fillies ..for these types of races the info I need is in brisnet so that's where I get the following ..I noticed the distance rating on this horse was the highest i've ever seen..he is by new sire animal kingdom (ky derby and dubai classic winner) and out of a curlin mare..the former has one of the most interesting pedigrees I have ever seen..by 2005 turf champion leroidesanimaux (died last year) who was a grandson of blushing groom..a very obscure bloodline going forward to today's pedigrees.the only other american line is through northern dancer's great son lyphard who was from his 3rd crop in 1969..he has lyphard
      4×4 through the sire and dam..lyphard was more European and you don't see much filtering through to today's
      american bloodlines ..all the other names going back 5 generations are all euros (stamina) I never heard of or might of at one time and don't remember ..no mr prospector,bold ruler,hail to reason or in reality and as I said the lyphard line is an obscure branch of nd..have a hunch animal kingdom's gonna be a good stamina influence for a long time to come. and the fact that he's a complete or almost complete outcross of most american bloodlines i think is a good thing but that's above my pay grade..for the record I have not formally studied pedigree. .just casual observation over a long period of time

added.. curlin on the bottom affects that rating also.. definetly a stamina influence

I c+p this from another place I post (my writing) so that why it's boldface.. sure it's easy to change but I'm a cluts with these things
      Last edited by bleeker; 08-13-2017, 07:14 AM.
      ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

Originally posted by Jim13 View Post
        Bleeker nice job with today selections !! That's the way to get going !! Let's get the bankroll back up again. I always thought the 2yos are the hardest to figure out. Had the exacta in the 2nd with your selection and the favorites should of played the tri too !! Should woulda coulda !!!
        thanks jim13.. Been struggling for a long time as you know so felt good to get those two.. not sure if I'll be playing much beyond the above play.. definitely be aboard tomorrow as card looks friendlier as to what I look for.. glad you caught something.. they both dug in when challenged in the stretch and the early one I thought I just missed upon first observation.. just got the bob.. exciting races
        ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

Originally posted by bleeker View Post
          R2 #6 night owl (3-1)

whether ,no pun intended,they will run on the turf today
          is still in question but noticed my angle on this one ..not over the top there but without breaking it down definitely
          in the ballpark.msw 2 turns on the turf for 2yo fillies ..for these types of races the info I need is in brisnet so that's where I get the following ..I noticed the distance rating on this horse was the highest i've ever seen..he is by new sire animal kingdom (ky derby and dubai classic winner) and out of a curlin mare..the former has one of the most interesting pedigrees I have ever seen..by 2005 turf champion leroidesanimaux (died last year) who was a grandson of blushing groom..a very obscure bloodline going forward to today's pedigrees.the only other american line is through northern dancer's great son lyphard who was from his 3rd crop in 1969..he has lyphard
          4×4 through the sire and dam..lyphard was more European and you don't see much filtering through to today's
          american bloodlines ..all the other names going back 5 generations are all euros (stamina) I never heard of or might of at one time and don't remember ..no mr prospector,bold ruler,hail to reason or in reality and as I said the lyphard line is an obscure branch of nd..have a hunch animal kingdom's gonna be a good stamina influence for a long time to come. and the fact that he's a complete or almost complete outcross of most american bloodlines i think is a good thing but that's above my pay grade..for the record I have not formally studied pedigree. .just casual observation over a long period of time

added.. curlin on the bottom affects that rating also.. definetly a stamina influence

I c+p this from another place I post (my writing) so that why it's boldface.. sure it's easy to change but I'm a cluts with these things

above scratched

saratoga

R5 #3 dwizard (7-2)

sire above avg first out and dam has been a real producer.. 6 winners from 7 starters of which 4 won at 2..understand these are 3yo's but that still couldn't be a bad thing.. btw 2 stakes winners among the 6.. bred and owned by the same guy scuderi..boy he's been at it a long time.. think he goes back to either gasper moschera or peter ferriola who were ny trainers in the 80's and 90's.. jose ortiz aboard.. trainer nevin has one other in here that has run well and is 5/2 ml (#8).. she is the breeder and part owner of that one

Comment

added play.. probably it for today

Comment

saratoga

R1 #6 non finisce mai (5-2)
              R2 #1 entry (4-1)both parts and the 1 one of those expensive rel/ped types.. fts

Comment

saratoga

R1 #6 non finisce mai (5-2)

R2 #1 entry (4-1)both parts and the 1 one of those expensive rel/ped types.. fts

R4 #2 scatjack (8-1)

fts scat daddy out of stakes placed gone west mare.. nice ped.. not an ex/ped horse

R5 #3 overdramatic (8-1)

R8 #3 super allison (8-1)

3rd off 9 month layoff and her last reminds me of the sprint race she ran in the bouwerie (nyb stakes) where she dropped and stretched next out to win..this a move this trainer excels at and carlos martin having an excellent saratoga so far..ran in a nyb stakes here last year and had a troubled trip ..at least 2 horses came out of that race to repeat

--------------------

R9 #4 eucalyptus (12-1)

same trainer as R5 and similar mo..long layoff,horse who showed talent in limited starts last year..lrl works including last over training track here and 1st start for this trainer... clm 40k n2L seems like a good spot for him and admittedly would feel bad if he won and I didn't have it
                Last edited by bleeker; 08-14-2017, 10:24 AM.

Comment

added R4 R5

Comment

added R8 R9..that'll do it

Comment

saratoga

R1 #1 kremlin (4-1)

similar cicumstances to big win 2 back..running line and two weeks exactly between races

R2 #7 d'ambrosio (5-2)

R4 #5 b three (15-1)

has beyers on dirt that fit vs these..think he'll benefit from last turf effort with cutback,drop and surface switch

R5 #10 ten eyck (8-1)

homebred fts has win early and turf pedigree ..outside posts do well at this distance

R6 #1 full salute (7-2)

R8 #1 rooftop view (20-1)

horse seems to be back in shape after 2 non-efforts..back numbers from last year would get it done here..trainer has excellent roi's in many categories that apply

R9 #6 schott (6-1)
                      Last edited by bleeker; 08-16-2017, 01:03 PM.

Comment

added 3 plays

Comment

saratoga

R1 #1 friend of liberty (6-1)

back in 4 days off the claim (if he's not scratched) and trainer 8/24 first off.. jumping up to 32k from 20k claiming..has back numbers that get it done here.. biggest concern is assmussen dropped her to 20k off a 50k clm two back.. have a hunch that was just to get a win up there but could be a negative for sure.. finished 2nd by a neck having a wide trip last out

R2 #8 saratoga colonel (2-1)

R5 #3 paynter's prize (15-1)

first year sire paynter (20k) could really motor.. dam was a stakes winner and has 1 winner from as many starters.. the dpi for that runner was very high so even though he wasn't a stakes winner must have been a decent runner.. trainer having a great meet and gets jose ortiz.. may get a little lost in here with some of the other big peds,trainers and others who've run decent already

R8 #6 court dancer (5-1)

R9 #1 held accountable (8-1)

think this is a very weak field between pedigrees and the ones who've run.. like the pedigree on this one and the fact he's a newbie
                          Last edited by bleeker; 08-17-2017, 01:43 PM.

Comment

added R8 R9

Comment

del mar

R1 #3 bucky goldstein (3-1)
                              R4 #9 special story (3-1)
                              R5 #8 troublewithatee (10-1)

R6 #4 mapit (08-1)

home bred big pedigree by tapit out of a stakes placed distorted humor mare.. wasn't bet first out and ran kind of an even race 1 month ago at this track.. have to think they'd like to take the photo in front of the big crowd there today

R8 #8 arrogate (1-1)

have a hunch he'll bounce back today but that's not gonna make you much money.. watching just for
                              the sport of it

R10 #8 kathy's song (15-1)

find it interesting they'd try this spot after going through msw and nw1ot at indiana grande in consecutive races.. first time baltas wins 18/76 and gary taking the call makes it all the more interesting

R11 #1 meet and greet (7-2)

cal home bred with a win early pedigree and solid workouts
                              Last edited by bleeker; 08-19-2017, 04:04 PM.

Comment

finished card

Comment

Working...
                                X