horse plays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: horse plays

Nice selection with the 1 at Belmont yesterday. Paid a nice price!

Comment

belmont

R4 #8 mid day image (8-1) scratched (don't always note scratches)

homebred firster has an above average turf pedigree.. donk doesn't win often with debut turfers but when he does avg price $43 on 3 wins from 30 starts

R5 #5 tacticus (6-1) full .... #2 kentucky wildcat (12-1) half

i don't remember ever seeing a field of well bred maidens as good as this one.. chad and todd (1 and 3) have two of them and both are 2nd time starters with a useful debut race. correction todd has two himself (#4 also 2nd out).. like #3 better than #4 but former will be no value..shug also has one (#8) who is a first time starter.. mott has 2 and mine is one of them..as good as many of these are mott's is better.. tapit ($300k) out of the first foal by close hatches (14-9-2-0..$2.7M) WOW !! jose ortiz aboard...going to take a smaller position in #2 KENTUCKY WILDCAT (12-1) tapit out of a stakes winning ghostzapper mare (first foal).has one start under him at saratoga and its the kind of race that doesn't look great but could have him ready for big improvement 2nd out.. this race is 1 1/16 so all who have run will be stretching out and this shouldn't be a problem for any of them

santa anita

R5 #6 portal creek (15-1)
      R8 #6 thefourfortyfourth (5-1).. #1 smokin b (12-1) half unit
      Last edited by bleeker; 10-04-2018, 02:17 PM.
      ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

Originally posted by Jim13 View Post
        Nice selection with the 1 at Belmont yesterday. Paid a nice price!
        thanks jim

2 picks post above (just so they're not passed over)
        ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

added santa anita 5 8

Comment

Another good 2yo pick bleeker i dont know how you do it !! I could never figure out the 2yos lol

Comment

Bleeker you doing any handicapping at the opening day of keeneland tomorrow? I love the turf races there

Comment

Another good 2yo pick bleeker i dont know how you do it !! I could never figure out the 2yos lol

been handicapping for about 40 years and for half of that time pedigree has been an important part of the process.. one general hint would be the last thing i'm looking for in these races is a horse who ran in the money in his last start, fast works and preferably not the top 2 or 3 trainers at the track.. are these auto - eliminations, no but in general these things are obvious and overbet..the pp's have excellent pedigree and trainer info and it's not factored in to most people's handicapping as much as it should be

Comment

Bleeker you doing any handicapping at the opening day of keeneland tomorrow? I love the turf races there

keeneland.. friday

R1 #3 quicksilver (12-1)
                  R2 #4 pure sugar (8-1)
                  R5 #5 southern bridge (5-1) 555

R9 darley albiciades grade I

#1 reflect (12-1) .. #5 kim k (12-1)

R10 #7 macabre (6-1)

belmont

R2 #4 honey i'm good (5-1)
                  R5 #6 fika (10-1)
                  R6 pass
                  R9 #7 barrel of destiny (7-2)

you get one of the best turf riders in the country (i ortiz) riding (first time) for one of the if not the worst turf trainers john hertler.. oh yeah he's 1/192 lol.. msw to mcl and much better than these on paper..inexpensive pedigree so not concerned about the drop

Last edited by bleeker; 10-05-2018, 02:07 PM.

Comment

added belmont 2..there will be more later

Comment

added R5

Comment

added 9 10 kee

Comment

added bel 9..done

Comment

keeneland

R1 #4 ruby roan (10-1)
                            R3 #6 jacktastic (4-1)
                            R5 #2 perfect reins (8-1)

R9 futurity grade I

#3 fluminense (10-1)

R11 #5 kitchi (12-1) #9 cigar city (12-1)

belmont

R2 #4 war treaty (8-1)

R3 #9 i am spartacus (5-2)

exped ².. other things to like as well.. probably 3-2 but not going to get fancy here

R6 #1 tiple (8-1) #2 miss leah angel (12-1)

R8 #6 beldame grade I

#6 wow cat (5-2)

R11 #2 hollywood cat (9-2)
                            Last edited by bleeker; 10-06-2018, 01:05 PM.

Comment

added 3 more

Comment

finished keeneland

Comment

Working...
                                X