Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: horse plays

did monmouth
    ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

did churchill
      ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

Nice hits today Bleeker! Good job I love seeing you hit for the $20+ winners !! I would like to see the difference of the handle is other years with the sports now being legal there. Maybe more people will show up on track??

Comment

Originally posted by Jim13 View Post
          Nice hits today Bleeker! Good job I love seeing you hit for the $20+ winners !! I would like to see the difference of the handle is other years with the sports now being legal there. Maybe more people will show up on track??

thanks jim.. I don't think being able to bet sports at racetracks is going to funnel much money towards horse racing over the long haul.. it certainly can't hurt things just from the standpoint of exposure but ultimately it will be on an app and most of the betting will be on that vs going to the track..i agree with what you said recentl..free past performances, better education (free) on handicapping and money management.. it's so easy to watch a video or here a podcast or go back n forth on a forum.. have to take advantage of today's technology.. I think as much as any other game winning at the races feels fantastic.. you feel that you came up with some good reasons to play the horse that maybe were overlooked by the public and this is besides the monetary reward

unfortunately the take is and will always be onerous..high teens in the pari-mutuels and low-mid 20's in exotics is very tough to justify... without decent rebates given to high rollers, you have little chance to win at it long haul without a life changing payoff.. I think there's definitely ways to cut into that playing the horizontals and maybe even more so the verticals.. the payoffs on these are often higher than they should be.. the former because even though the take is higher you are only being taxed once.. when you get one or two decent prices in a P3 or 4 the parlays over time imo pay more than they should.. as far as the verticals the public is not good at structuring bets
          and often times a good price in 3rd with just modest odds top two will get you more than you should.. there is a formula for that which is just simple math which maybe I'll share here on an overnight when things quiet down.. I'm not going give out these types of bets on here, as I enjoy the satisfaction of picking a winner, but I do think, with a little strategy they are good propositions..

Comment

churchill

R1 #5 dantu (4-1)
            R2 #2 colour guard (6-1)

R5 #8 michael t (6-1)
            R7 #6 pure speculation (10-1)

R8 #1 true dream (8-1)
            R10 #2 queen's mason (20-1)

belmont

R9 #10 daddy knows

off the turf race.. debut horse with really big pedigree especially for a NY bred (homebred so not sold cheap) .. overall and for the slop.. linda rice with lezcano big time combo and both tearing it up at the meet.. hopefully they're looking for more than just exercise with the sloppy conditions

santa anita

R6 #1 scrambled (5-1)

heard kurt hoover on tvg say he liked this horse a lot and I definitely agree

R8 #5 chay up and away (5-1)
            R9 #2 opus won (6-1)

Last edited by bleeker; 05-12-2019, 03:11 PM.

Comment

added 5 7

Comment

finished churchill

Comment

added belmont 10

Comment

louisiana downs... monday

R1 #2 don't be foolish (6-1)
                    R4 #7 hello i'm here (10-1)
                    R5 #7 gifted richter (2-1)

lad.. statebred mcl 12.5k @ 5.5-7f
                    (15 races 10 wins favorite avg price $5.00)
                    #3 ml favorite @ 9-5 but think mine will go off favorite

finger lakes

R6 #9 very stable genius (4-1)

back of the pack and finished 6th of 8 in a very fast maiden race (about 12 lengths faster than finger lakes par) at aqueduct in her debut.. hit the gate in that race.. homebred by duchessview farms who are longtime ny breeders.. big speed pedigree by posse out of a phone trick mare.. the latter one of the fastest sprinters of the last 50 years

monticello (just for the heck of it)

R8 #1 entry (5-2) (either half)
                    Last edited by bleeker; 05-13-2019, 09:54 AM.

Comment

added 1 race at finger lakes.. that's it today

Comment

2011 Winner of TIS college football contest
                        2012 - 2013
                        NBA 33-18-1
                        MLB 16-12
                        NFL 27-13-1
                        CFB 12-11
                        CBB 9-2
                        MLB 2013 2-0
                        NHL 1-0

GOY 1-0 Mississippi +9.5 Over LSU 27-24

NFL 0-1

Comment

Originally posted by FRAOLI4444 View Post

thanks fraoli

indiana

R2 #5 mini miles (10-1)
                          R3 #2 war ballad (10-1)
                          R4 #3 comes n threes (9-2)
                          R5 #7 carson kan (2-1)

claimed for a 4th straight time last out and it was by one of the best tom amoss..beat conditioned claimers 2 back at fairgrounds going 5.5f on the turf and gets imo an easier assignment here at oc 25k n1x at indiana (@ 5f turf).. in the fg race he had the lead at the eighth pole so shorter distance shouldn't be a problem

R7 #10 small moment (20-1)

makes 2nd career start which is an excellent angle for this trainer over a large sample of races.. she's also excellent with shippers over a 50 race sample.. ran midpack in a very fast race at keeneland in her debut.. definitely a turf pedigree with avg turf sire but dam sire is way above average turf and classy to boot.. 2 of her 3 starters have won and both of those won on the lawn.. best turf jockey at the track rides

monticello (harness)

enjoy doing harness but will only do monticello on mon or tuesday when no big tracks are going.. just for a little fun.. small money

R1 #3 a taste of justice (9-2)
                          R2 #6 jellystone joy (4-1)
                          R3 #5 woody (5-2)
                          R4 #6 pedal power (3-1)
                          R6 #6 jasmine ivy (4-1)
                          R7 #4 ari allstar (10-1)

Last edited by bleeker; 05-14-2019, 09:34 AM.

Comment

added monticello

Comment

indiana downs

R1 #5 d'ark flatter (15-1)
                              R7 #9 evil eye (5-2)

probably it

Comment

bleeker im putting some money on a local jockey david mello i have hit some big ones with him
                                2011 Winner of TIS college football contest
                                2012 - 2013
                                NBA 33-18-1
                                MLB 16-12
                                NFL 27-13-1
                                CFB 12-11
                                CBB 9-2
                                MLB 2013 2-0
                                NHL 1-0

GOY 1-0 Mississippi +9.5 Over LSU 27-24

NFL 0-1

Comment