Page 97 of 103 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 2559

Thread: horse plays

Re: horse plays

Nice selection with the 1 at Belmont yesterday. Paid a nice price!

belmont

R4 #8 mid day image (8-1) scratched (don't always note scratches)

homebred firster has an above average turf pedigree.. donk doesn't win often with debut turfers but when he does avg price $43 on 3 wins from 30 starts

R5 #5 tacticus (6-1) full .... #2 kentucky wildcat (12-1) half

i don't remember ever seeing a field of well bred maidens as good as this one.. chad and todd (1 and 3) have two of them and both are 2nd time starters with a useful debut race. correction todd has two himself (#4 also 2nd out).. like #3 better than #4 but former will be no value..shug also has one (#8) who is a first time starter.. mott has 2 and mine is one of them..as good as many of these are mott's is better.. tapit ($300k) out of the first foal by close hatches (14-9-2-0..$2.7M) WOW !! jose ortiz aboard...going to take a smaller position in #2 KENTUCKY WILDCAT (12-1) tapit out of a stakes winning ghostzapper mare (first foal).has one start under him at saratoga and its the kind of race that doesn't look great but could have him ready for big improvement 2nd out.. this race is 1 1/16 so all who have run will be stretching out and this shouldn't be a problem for any of them

santa anita

R5 #6 portal creek (15-1)
    R8 #6 thefourfortyfourth (5-1).. #1 smokin b (12-1) half unit
    Last edited by bleeker; 10-04-2018 at 03:17 PM.
    ( ) in football are avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention

Quote Originally Posted by Jim13 View Post
    Nice selection with the 1 at Belmont yesterday. Paid a nice price!
    thanks jim

2 picks post above (just so they're not passed over)
    ( ) in football are avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention

added santa anita 5 8

Another good 2yo pick bleeker i dont know how you do it !! I could never figure out the 2yos lol

Bleeker you doing any handicapping at the opening day of keeneland tomorrow? I love the turf races there

Another good 2yo pick bleeker i dont know how you do it !! I could never figure out the 2yos lol

been handicapping for about 40 years and for half of that time pedigree has been an important part of the process.. one general hint would be the last thing i'm looking for in these races is a horse who ran in the money in his last start, fast works and preferably not the top 2 or 3 trainers at the track.. are these auto - eliminations, no but in general these things are obvious and overbet..the pp's have excellent pedigree and trainer info and it's not factored in to most people's handicapping as much as it should be

Bleeker you doing any handicapping at the opening day of keeneland tomorrow? I love the turf races there

keeneland.. friday

R1 #3 quicksilver (12-1)
    R2 #4 pure sugar (8-1)
    R5 #5 southern bridge (5-1) 555

R9 darley albiciades grade I

#1 reflect (12-1) .. #5 kim k (12-1)

R10 #7 macabre (6-1)

belmont

R2 #4 honey i'm good (5-1)
    R5 #6 fika (10-1)
    R6 pass
    R9 #7 barrel of destiny (7-2)

you get one of the best turf riders in the country (i ortiz) riding (first time) for one of the if not the worst turf trainers john hertler.. oh yeah he's 1/192 lol.. msw to mcl and much better than these on paper..inexpensive pedigree so not concerned about the drop

Last edited by bleeker; 10-05-2018 at 03:07 PM.

added belmont 2..there will be more later

added R5

added 9 10 kee

added bel 9..done

keeneland

R1 #4 ruby roan (10-1)
    R3 #6 jacktastic (4-1)
    R5 #2 perfect reins (8-1)

R9 futurity grade I

#3 fluminense (10-1)

R11 #5 kitchi (12-1) #9 cigar city (12-1)

belmont

R2 #4 war treaty (8-1)

R3 #9 i am spartacus (5-2)

exped .. other things to like as well.. probably 3-2 but not going to get fancy here

R6 #1 tiple (8-1) #2 miss leah angel (12-1)

R8 #6 beldame grade I

#6 wow cat (5-2)

R11 #2 hollywood cat (9-2)
    Last edited by bleeker; 10-06-2018 at 02:05 PM.

added 3 more

finished keeneland

finished keeneland

keeneland

R5 #6 erlich (6-1)
    R7 #10 cloud charmer (12-1)

belmont

R8 #1 onthemoonagain (9-2)
    R9 #9 greyes creek (9-2)
    Last edited by bleeker; 10-07-2018 at 03:20 PM.

belmont

R1 #2 curlin's legacy (4-1)
    R4 #5 bourbon high (30-1)
    R5 #6 peaceful feeling (7-2)

belmont R9
    matron stakes grade III 2yo fillies @ 6f on turf

#4 tradeable (12-1)
    #7 questionoftheday (15-1)

santa anita

R8 #4 spin lighting (4-1)
    R10 #8 tiz goldilux (5-1)
    Last edited by bleeker; 10-08-2018 at 06:14 PM.

added belmont R9

added santa anita 8 10

keeneland

keeneland

R1 #1 time warp (7-2)
    R3 #4 fra mauro (10-1)
    R4 ex box 7 8 11
    R7 #6 pakhet (8-1)
    R8 #7 teletap (4-1)
    Last edited by bleeker; 10-10-2018 at 10:54 AM.

keeneland

R1 #1 cassidy avenue (12-1)
    R4 #10 coexistence (7-2)

keeneland

R2 #11 interlaken (10-1)
    R4 #3 vomba (8-1)

R6 #10 beautiful ballad (10-1)

another fts who cost a bunch relative to her pedigree and this one by one of the best first out sires there is.. working solidly up to this race

R10 #1 b dubya (20-1)

no apparent excuse in his last at churchill but I remember this below the radar trainer hit with a bomb already at this short meet using same jockey.. the allowance races at thistledown around 2 turns match up nicely with the 7 furlong clm 20k beaten claimers here

belmont

R2 #4 back of the watch (8-1)
    R6 #6 fortin hill (2-1)

chad has 2 fts in here (other #3) and both are bred off the charts.. but mine cost an absolute fortune relative to his nothing special sire and broodmare info..realize they'll be little value here but going to put that aside here and just play the angle
    Last edited by bleeker; 10-12-2018 at 02:16 PM.

added kee 4 bel 2

added bel 6