HBO Confirms Early Talks of ‘Deadwood’ Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO Confirms Early Talks of ‘Deadwood’ Movie

Is “Deadwood” about to return from the dead?

A spokesman for HBO confirmed to Variety that “very preliminary discussions” have been made to resurrect the Western series with a movie, though it’s unclear how serious the premium channel is about the pic.

Actor Garret Dillahunt, who played Francis Wolcott on the series that ran from 2004-06, ignited the chatter Wednesday when he tweeted: “So uh … I’m hearing credible rumors about a #Deadwood movie.”

“Come on HBO,” he wrote. “You made the ‘Entourage’ movie. Give the #Deadwood fans some closure.”

Re: HBO Confirms Early Talks of ‘Deadwood’ Movie

My sister sent me this earlier today. Honestly I think if they do this trying to give the show an ending it's a huge mistake.
    The series ended in 2006.
    In the real life story of Deadwood there was only the stories left of the multiple fires to be told that ruined the town and left Al broke.

Deadwood is a true story. But of course they embellished some things to make as many episodes as they did.
    Proven point it's been too long. I forget the slimy hotel owners name. But in the real Deadwood he was actually a decent person.

People that didn't watch this series would careless about closure. Then you have fans of the show who have moved on and probably wouldn't pay to see it.
    With how well Justified did. They would be better served writing a movie that is the entire story of Deadwood built around Timothy Olyphant as the star.
    Of course I would bring back a lot of the original cast. Just think he has the most name value to build around.

Comment

On my RV trip we went thru Deadwood.Got me a Harley shirt from there.I have never seen an episode but just looked on demand and shows 3 seasons.Is that all there were? If so maybe I'll watch them all at once.
      2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
      5* 6-8
      15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
      10* GOY 1-0
      5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
      5* 18-12

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy33 View Post
        On my RV trip we went thru Deadwood.Got me a Harley shirt from there.I have never seen an episode but just looked on demand and shows 3 seasons.Is that all there were? If so maybe I'll watch them all at once.
        Yes there was only 3 season. From a story line they maybe had enough to do one more season. Not sure if we will ever hear why it ended so quickly.
        I think it's a good show. But would suggest to not watch it around children.
        If you like Justified you will probably like Timothy Olyphant in this show as well. Matter of fact quite a few of the Deadwood cast appear on Justified.
        The guy with the beard this last season trying to buy all the land was a big player in the last season of Deadwood.
        He was also behind getting the rumor out about Deadwood on Twitter.

With everything that went on. I still need to watch the final 8 episodes of Justified.

Comment

I'll take anything new regarding Deadwood or Justified! Love it all. Plus, I'm pretty sure my wife gets hornier everytime she sees Timothy Olyphant. I'll take it!

Comment

Working...
          X