Play the "under" in MLB this week-end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play the "under" in MLB this week-end

This is a system play. Play every game this week-end to go "under the total."

The record for this is 80-51-5 over the last three years (2012-2014).

The theory is that hitters get rusty after having four days off for the All-Star Game so pitchers should have the advantage. Also, bullpens are fully rested after the time off.

It has to lose some year, but I think at worst, it breaks even.

Re: Play the "under" in MLB this week-end

Just to clarify further:

2012...............27-17-1

2013...............29-15-1

2014...............24-19-1

And with pitching being more dominant this year, this might be worth a shot......especially if you like a lot of action. Or you can selectively pick the unders you like.

Good luck.

Comment

3 overs and 13 unders tonight I went back on scoresandodds.com to check this and came up with these numbers though, I also went back 2 more years just to see...

2010...24 unders and 27 overs with 1 push
      2011...20 unders and 29 overs with 3 pushes
      2012...23 unders and 20 overs with 2 pushes
      2013...29 unders and 15 overs with 1 push
      2014...25 unders and 19 overs with 1 push

It is also worth noting that in 2011 & 2012 there were several series that started on the Thursday after the break, which probably took away some of the advantage those years because the break was only 3 days for those 14 teams in each of those years (there were 7 series that started Thursday each of those years). This is definitely something to keep an eye on, though Friday's 13-3 day following this would probably preclude it from being viable the next 3 days cause the O/U could be 15-15 the next 2 days and the system would still have a very good year with 28 unders and just 18 overs.
      "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Originally posted by jumperjack View Post
        3 overs and 13 unders tonight I went back on scoresandodds.com to check this and came up with these numbers though, I also went back 2 more years just to see...

2010...24 unders and 27 overs with 1 push
        2011...20 unders and 29 overs with 3 pushes
        2012...23 unders and 20 overs with 2 pushes
        2013...29 unders and 15 overs with 1 push
        2014...25 unders and 19 overs with 1 push

It is also worth noting that in 2011 & 2012 there were several series that started on the Thursday after the break, which probably took away some of the advantage those years because the break was only 3 days for those 14 teams in each of those years (there were 7 series that started Thursday each of those years). This is definitely something to keep an eye on, though Friday's 13-3 day following this would probably preclude it from being viable the next 3 days cause the O/U could be 15-15 the next 2 days and the system would still have a very good year with 28 unders and just 18 overs.
        Your point is extremely well taken. If at the start of the week-end, somebody had told me that I would go 27-17-1, I would have taken that in a heartbeat. Since that is basically what we have right now (13-3), I made the money that I wanted to make out of the system. So it is time to stop.

Comment

exactly what this site was set up to do!
          thanks bro

Comment

Friday......... 12-3 (The Nats/Dodgers game was suspended, and ruled a "no play" for totals purposes.

Saturday.......8-7

Comment

Sunday..........8-5 (games in San Diego and Anaheim were rained out.......who would figure that?)

TOTAL FOR THE WEEK-END............Unders were 28-15.

Comment

This system has worked very well for the last 4 years.

The record for 2012-2015 is 108-66-5 favoring the "under." This is the period where there started to be a full four-day break during the All-Star game, which can screw around with a hitter's timing.

If you follow, play all games on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to go "under."

As a warning though, I always find that after 3 or 4 years of a system doing really well, there is always the threat of regression to the mean.

Nevertheless, I am going to take a shot.

Comment

I think I'll tag along for $100 a game just for some action. Thanks for bumping this.
                  "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Comment

Ok... Ill follow tonight... the first one already hit!
                      Happy to be the first member of this great forum. Thanks TIS!!!

Comment

I got 9o20 as a line for the Brewers game so I moved it to under 9.5 (-125). 10 unders and 5 overs for me today!

Comment

Friday's "under" record:

9-5-1

Comment

Winning night !!!!

Comment

Meaningless Blue Jays solo HR in the top of the 9th changes that game from under to over and ruining a possible perfect 4-0 under start today on the early games!

Comment

Working...
                              X