Update and a Thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Update and a Thank you

Back in December I was ready to close this site down. It was our daughter that taught me that you still need to do the things you enjoy.
    While she battles. It has never once stopped her from doing all the things she loved.
    There was a site I closed and it was my weight loss and diabetes site. I felt that I needed to be all in on this new project and I have very limited time.
    I will help anybody with diabetes or weight loss issues. I will just no longer pursue those opportunities.
    My feeling is that in most cases it's up to each person to find their motivation to win those battles.
    With childhood cancer that is not the case.
    This Wednesday will mark two weeks since I agreed to be a spokesperson for Children's Miracle Network.
    Not only will I work with them. But also with the hospital our daughters care team is at.
    Both of them lacked a person that could talk to other families and offer support.
    What we did at home and during treatments might be a help to other patients and their loved ones.
    We made a goal to fill each day with love and laughter.
    It was our daughter who rose to her feet to fight this. While many around her fell to their knees.
    She still is fighting and we don't know what the next test will bring.
    It's been nice having a break from radiation and only needing to deal with a couple of appointments a week.

When her and I decided to do this site we had a couple of goals. Document her journey and help raise toy donations for her hospital.
    As I was building the site. That list of goals kept growing and along the way we picked up a couple of partners.
    This site is about her battle, supporting others and raising awareness for childhood cancer.
    She had one rule. It had to be blue. I had one rule the word cancer could not be in the title.
    The name of the site was really simple. I feel were on a mission with what we're doing.
    Stephaine is not only my little girl, but she is my best friend.
    Getting to spend time with her is one of the things I love more than anything in this world.
    So that is why this site is called. A Mission Of Love.

Comment

Here is our social media links for the new site.
      FB https://www.facebook.com/amissionofluv
      Twitter https://twitter.com/amissionofluv

Comment

What a wonderful site. It's so inspiring to see how brave Stephanie and the rest of your family are. You bring hope and inspiration to thousands. My continued prayers for Steph and your family. May God Bless you all.
        Money won is twice as nice as money earned
        Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

First I got her the autograph.
          Then I got her the tickets.
          Now my wife and I just got the call we have been waiting for.
          On March 7th Stephaine is going to see him perform and now gets to meet him before the show

Comment

Great news! Stephaine must be thrilled and so excited. Happy for her! I'll be looking forward to the photos on your new website.

Comment

Steph Got to meet the Big Show tonight

Comment

Big Show was one of my favorite wrestlers.Also resembled him at one time from looks not size.When I was in Japan at one of the bases one guy checking passports said "you look like Big Show". My wife..girlfriend at the time just laughed!

Still saying prayers for Steph at church every Sunday.
                2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
                5* 6-8
                15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
                10* GOY 1-0
                5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
                5* 18-12

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy33 View Post
                  Big Show was one of my favorite wrestlers.Also resembled him at one time from looks not size.When I was in Japan at one of the bases one guy checking passports said "you look like Big Show". My wife..girlfriend at the time just laughed!

Still saying prayers for Steph at church every Sunday.
                  Thanks Mac we appreciate the prayers. You resemble the Big Show then you should get that shirt. One side says Big Show other says Big All Over.
                  I got a friend that reminds me of him. The kids call him Uncle Big Nasty for what he does to our bathroom.
                  Show is a real nice guy. I kept telling Steph he is nothing like the guy you see on TV. He is actually pretty funny.

Prior to tonight. The last time I seen Show we both had a lot of hair. He was the Giant in WCW and I talked to him at the after party for the Halloween Havoc PPV.

Comment

When this all started I set out on a mission to make sure everyday no matter what is filled with love and laughter.
                    One of the first things I did was get Stephaine an autograph from her favorite comedian Gabriel Iglesias.
                    I couldn't have been more happier when his team made it happen.
                    Not to long after that she met with Make A Wish. Her top two wishes were to meet Gabriel and the Cake Boss.
                    Since he was coming to town in March. She ended up picking Buddy and knew we would take her to see Gabriel perform.
                    I told her I would do everything possible to make her wish to meet Gabriel come true.
                    Thanks again to his team and my wife and I we got it done.

Last night was one of the greatest nights I will ever remember. When we got to the building we assumed we would be part of a group that would go in and meet him.
                    When checking in. They told us we were on a list that was guest of Gabriel.
                    We were given a tour of the backstage area of the venue. We were shown where some of the biggest performers had signed the walls by the dressing room.
                    There were names like Barry Manilow all the way to Frank Sinatra.

I was talking to a few of the employees of the Fox. When Gabriel burst into the room.
                    He ran right up to our daughter and gave her a big hug.
                    She was holding her phone and he insisted they do a selfie.
                    He then proceeded to do like a mini show for her with his arm around her the entire time.
                    After that his photographer took numerous photos with all of us and a few with just the two of them.
                    If that wasn't enough. They printed all the pictures and he signed everyone of them.
                    Plus we got all the original shots to download as well.
                    Between the stuff we bought and was given to us we needed a grocery cart to get everything to our car.

It was a special night that none of us will ever forget.
                    It's not often you can make a persons dream come true. But when you do it's special, even more special when it's your daughter.

On the site my daughter and I have done we rally behind "Teamwork makes the dream work.
                    Last night happened because of teamwork.
                    I couldn't thank everybody involved enough for getting it done.
                    We presented Gabriel with one of the shirts we will be giving away to other kids fighting childhood cancer.
                    I wanted the shirts to be special and only those kids and their team will be able to get them in the future.
                    Again Gabriel made sure that wish came true as well.

Comment

That's great JD. Glad to see everything work out so well. Continued prayers and best wishes.
                      Money won is twice as nice as money earned
                      Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

Stephaine has taken a turn for the worse
                        The tumor is growing at a rapid pace.
                        She is heavily medicated. Most of our family that can be here is here.
                        We will be meeting with hospice soon.
                        All of you that wrote us and kept us in your prayers we appreciate it.
                        She fought with everything she had.
                        The last time we could actually talk today she told me that last Saturday was the best day of her life. I told her 7/8/2001 was mine.
                        I want everybody to know she is pain free. I'm going to keep you posted. But will be spending what time we have left holding her hand.

Comment

So sorry to hear that JD.
                          "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. I unfortunately don't have any children so can only imagine what you are going through.

Comment

Very sorry to hear that. My families thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

Comment

JD so very sorry to hear the news. Prayers from my family to yours.
                                Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X