Update and a Thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update and a Thank you

Thanks to everybody for chipping in to help out the past almost 2 weeks.
    As most of you know our daughter went into the hospital on 11/15.
    She had what we thought and were told by multiple doctors just a bad case of stomach flu.
    My wife took her into ER and after a CAT scan it proved there was something more serious wrong.

Our daughter has an inoperable brain tumor. She has been through 3 surgeries in the past 9 days.
    First was an external shunt. That was to remove backed up spinal fluid from her head / brain.
    That was followed by a MRI and a biopsy. Then Monday she had an internal shunt done.
    As of today we still don't know the results of the biopsy.
    Either tomorrow or early next week we should know the results.
    My wife and I are both scared of what they might say. Just based on what the surgeon speculated.
    But he offered the small sample size he originally looked at could be wrong and these results could be better.
    No matter what they say. The recovery will be long. There is regular MRI's, physical therapy and of course treatment.
    I ask that you just keep our little girl in your thoughts and prayers.

The only upside so far is we were able to bring her home last night.
    The internal shunt procedure made that possible. As of now there is no need for any IV's as all medication is in pill form.
    Same as in the hospital she will need around the clock care. The only difference is we no longer have to make the drive and were all back together under one roof.

This site is a hobby as I have stated numerous times. But it's a hobby that I will no longer have much free time for.
    I don't think it's right to have people picking up the slack for me to keep it operating at the standards that have been set for it.
    Unless there is a better plan I can think of. I think i will shut the site down after the Super Bowl or March Madness.
    Even if people stepped up to cover things. There is just too many technical things I would have to handle on here.

All of my time needs to be spent with my family.
    Even with the best case scenario regarding the biopsy results. There is a long road to a full recovery and numerous medical treatments that will be needed.
    Outside of here. I have multiple projects and appearances that actually help people.
    Right now all of those are on hold as well.
    Down the road I'm sure I will return to them. But any free time will be devoted to my family.
    I have spent years using that time for other things that at the end of the day are just really not that important.
    The most important thing in my life is my family and they should get every second of my time I can give them.

I just wanted to thank all of you guys for your thoughts and prayers.
    The numerous emails and private messages you sent are truly appreciated.
    I felt it was better to update people in one thread to avoid sending out multiple messages.
    Thanks again to everybody that has helped out.

Re: Update and a Thank you

Thanks for the update. Praying for you and your family that everything works out. Stay strong for your family and yourself. Hope you can enjoy Thanksgiving with your daughter home.
    Money won is twice as nice as money earned
    Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

Families are for ever and most important, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family especially your Daughter. You have to do what you have to do, and Family comes first. Happy Thanksgiving.

Comment

Thought and prayers to You and your family Gamer, always family 1st!! This site is a hobby for us all. I hope you can have a wonderful Holiday with your daughter.

Comment

prayers and thoughts for your family. thanksgiving is time to give thanks and I want you to know that this site is the best site on the internet

and all the love you put in it shows. Happy thanksgiving to you and your family.

Comment

Godspeed.

Comment

All of gods blessings to you n your daughter and family. And healing prayers and thoughts

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family JD. It's especially important today for us to take time to reflect and give thanks for all the good,important and meaningful things in our lives so I'm happy that your entire family is able to gather together under "one roof". Thank you for keeping us updated on the status of your young daughter's health. I continue to pray for her and your family and hope that the possibility of better news you mentioned becomes a reality. God Bless

Comment

So sorry to hear the news about your daughter, I'll keep her in my prayers.

Comment

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family. I hope you and have a Happy Thanksgiving with your family!!
                    "The ban on sports betting does exactly what Prohibition did, it makes criminals rich!"

Comment

Continuing to keep your family in my prayers.God Bless
                      2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
                      5* 6-8
                      15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
                      10* GOY 1-0
                      5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
                      5* 18-12

Comment

All the best to you and your family, JD.
                        May God grant you all peace while facing these issues.

Comment

Sorry to hear the news. Hope all works out for the best. Will keep your lil girl in my prayers along with your family.

Comment

Thanks for the update. I will definitely keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong and if you need anything at all let us know.

Comment

Thanks guys. It's nice having her back home. We're stressed out waiting on the test results.
                              But we know without them treatment cant begin.
                              Right now it's about trying to make things comfortable for her here at home.
                              While still needing to work on her physical therapy and other medical needs.
                              All the thoughts and prayers are truly appreciated.

I have mentioned numerous times about other projects. Those projects have allowed me to meet some pretty special people.
                              Tonight after dinner I was watching Hotel Impossible with her that was recorded on Tuesday.
                              What made it even more special than any other time we watched the show. Anthony Melchiorri sent me a direct message on Twitter with a picture for her.
                              He is also going to be sending her something else out in the mail real soon.

I have been working nonstop calling in favors when she is resting or spending time with somebody else.
                              My goal is to keep dropping surprises on her to help keep her spirits up.
                              Tonight was a nice start.

Comment

Working...
                              X