Good vs bad in April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good vs bad in April

Have a thread started for this but we've used it for away favs and it's getting congested so I'll use this thread for just the April investigation:

Seen some talk around the net about good teams playing bad teams in April and got an email today from Ed at ASHN who happens to be looking at this as well so I decided to take it out for a ride on the database and the results are indeed "good" I call it the zero motivation query. JJ is the one who got me looking into this to start so thanks to him if it works and if it doesn't..................LOL
    -----------------------------------------------

Editing in all the trends in this post so we're not getting confused

1 My original

Teams with a WP >66 vs a team with a WP<33 in the month of April since 2006:

season>2005 and WP>66 and o:WP<33 and month=4

http://sportsdatabase.com/nba/query?sdql=season%3E2005+and+WP%3E66+and+o%3AWP%3C 33+and+month%3D4+&submit=S+D+Q+L+!

40-18-3 ats 53-8 su
    -------------------------------
    2 Make em away:

season>2005 and WP>66 and o:WP<33 and month=4 and A

http://sportsdatabase.com/nba/query?...ubmit=S+D+Q+L+!

21-6-2 ats 24-5 su
    ---------------------------------
    3 make them an away fav. Credit to PLAYER my buddy in vegas who does the data work for killersports and sportsdatabase

season>2005 and WP>66 and o:WP<33 and month=4 and AF

19-4-2 ats 22-3 su

-------------------------------
    4 This one is a tweak of the original By Number Freak, a math genius buddy who you may have run across on the net over time. He actually made my spreadsheet for totals and turned a nightmare job into simply inputting scores daily. He changed the WP to 64 and 34 after a little searching and put in a parameter for the line to be -4 or less. He thinks this will get rid of teams who won't give a shit and the line usually reflect this. I like the scenario

season > 2006 and WP>=64 and o:WP<=34 and month=4 and line <=-4

53-15-3 ats 67-4 su
    ----------------------------------

I'll leave it at that and you can change anything you want in the query at the mine after you click a link if you want to do some more research. Lets see how this pans out the next couple of weeks, I like it. The original thought comes from your own jumperjack here at CC's which I believe i mentioned above. gl to any that are interested
    Last edited by Thomas; 04-01-2014, 02:02 PM.

Re: AF after the break

No plays April 1st but at least 1 tomorrow on the heat
    Last edited by Thomas; 04-01-2014, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Re: Good vs bad in April

Apr 2

Database comes up wit the Heat for systems 1 and 4. Don't like Miami at -13.5+ the way they were playing in March but they've righted that ship lately so I'll take a shot with the big Fav at home as they just beat these guys in their builing on Sat by 21 points in a real snorefest

Comment

Not a big fan of the number either but based on past performance I will be on this tonight as well! GL
        "The ban on sports betting does exactly what Prohibition did, it makes criminals rich!"

Comment

Trouble here Jel is the database is showing the Heat and Pacers as the plays in the future and I can't see myself wagering anything on the poison pacers who have literally stunk the joint up since the break. Miami we'll get a good look at tonight and see if they're heads still in it. I think they may play hard to end the season but I see the lines being dd as well. We'll revisit each day and talk about it a bit and see where we're at. I'm hoping AF's will take us to the promised land for the rest of the schedule, that would be nice

Comment

Great stuff. Will be interesting to watch. Thanks guys!
            A man's gotta make at least one bet a day, else he could be walking around lucky and never know it.

Comment

Interesting info, good luck with it.

Comment

Clips -16 over the really bad Lakers.... This is the 2nd play in 2014 for "good vs bad".
                "The ban on sports betting does exactly what Prohibition did, it makes criminals rich!"

Comment

I am so not a fan of giving up that many points, gonna think it over a bit Jel, what's your thoughts on this one.

Tough day with the trends with okc in the other thread against the hungry Suns and this ugly number on the clips

Comment

Agreed Thomas, I hate the number, however I can see the Clips covering here very easily. They have been "little brother" in LA for so long, they live running the number up against the Lakers when they have a chance. I'm playing for 1 unit.

Comment

Ok Jel I'm with you for a 1/2 unit (50)

Comment

Jel right on about the clips taking their shots at the lakeshow

team=Lakers and o:team=Clippers and 20121131<=date

The su margins are huge as well for the Clippers

1-5 (-19.00, 16.7%)
                        1-5-0 (-11.92, 16.7%) avg line: 7.1
                        5-0-1 (10.58, 100.0%) avg total: 206.8
                        Last edited by Thomas; 04-06-2014, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Winner, winner!!!!

Comment

haha you talked me into that one Jel, thanks. Now I need the thunder

Comment

Glad we got there with the Clips brother!! As you know I didn't play the game but I did just lay a 2nd half bet -4 on the Thunder. Let's get them all the way back to a game cover for you!!

Comment

Working...
                              X