Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Cappers Going 100% Members Only In 2015.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Cappers Going 100% Members Only In 2015.

I have decided that this is the last year I will operate the site like it currently is.
    Last year I closed the site for a few months. Then brought it back for a small group on here.
    I decided at that time I would let people tag along and prove if they were worth hosting here.
    The bottom line is. The majority is not.
    Even with numerous post and rules regarding what you need to do to keep an account...
    Most people choose to ignore it. Then send multiple emails wanting another chance.
    If you want a perfect example of people that don't contribute ignoring anything posted other than a newsletter or play.
    Just go into this weeks newsletter thread. Read the first post. Then read how one person clearly ignored everything in that post.

I have a ton of projects on hold or in motion outside of this site.
    These things are important too me and help save or change lives.
    This site has been an anchor to all of them.
    It's time for it to stop !

A few weeks ago we had server issues. I had to downsize the site. But even with that I ended up paying for more additional resources for here.
    Now in the downsizing and multiple post I have made. I get no less than 20 pm's or emails a day.
    All of these emails are from people wanting a second chance or wondering why their account was deleted.
    It's a waste of time. Because the answer to that question was in my multiple post and right on our sign up page.
    Again...People that don't contribute pretty much ignore everything else on the site but service plays.

The people that don't contribute usually don't care about anything but getting what they want.
    But let me explain in real simple terms why the guy that does nothing is more harm than good.
    For every 10 people that post at the same time. They use less site resources than 1 person clicking refresh in the service play thread.
    When we had the server problem. There was 171 people in the service thread doing just that. Nothing but clicking refresh.
    So these guys brought the site down and in turn punished the people that contribute on here.

That's why the service play and newsletter boards became members only.
    But even with doing that. We still have during the busiest times 50 or 60 people hitting refresh constantly.
    So that cost me 162.00 above the hosting bill I already paid.

I do this site for fun. It's a hobby.
    Other sites like this are a business. They get money from services and sports book.
    So every single member and guest is important to them.
    That's why they have no problem ignoring shills, begging and bashing.
    But here. The more traffic we have. The more overhead the site has.
    Just doesn't make sense when it's a not for profit site.

I honestly don't think there is any reason to keep accepting new members.
    We have done that for a year and it got us about 5 decent posters out of over 200 new accounts.
    It comes down to time. I have more important things to do then add and then delete 195 accounts.
    I also have more important things to do then answer numerous emails about why an account was deleted.
    There is no nice way to say well either your lazy or cant read.

I have not decided on the date for sure. But it could be tomorrow or next month. I will begin to thin the herd.
    That means getting rid of accounts that don't contribute anything on here.
    Just because you post smileys or good luck, doesn't mean you contribute.
    Again the date is undecided. But the entire forum will become members only.
    I will at some point remove the extra pages of the site and pretty much just keep the forum.
    This will remove guest traffic. Once those changes have been made. Here comes the big one...

I will only keep the following people on this forum.
    1. The group I brought the forum back for.
    2. All members who contribute service plays and newsletters.
    3. People who contribute post that help others...
    This could be plays that they actually handicapped, tracking a service or newsletter. Helping with the tally or posting useful information on the site.
    4. The few people that donated will also have that option again next year.

All other member accounts will be deleted. No new member accounts will be accepted.
    I feel the people that fit under 1. through 4. are the only people we need to operate just like we do now.
    Nothing will change. Just getting rid of the dead weight.

I know some of you will read this and instantly want to pm or email me.
    Your goal will be to do a hard sell on why you should have an account. Don't bother.
    If you think you have to sell me on your value to the site. Then your not fitting in anywhere between 1. through 4.

There are sites like this out there that have no problem taking on all the traffic they can get.
    Now you might not like that they have rules that restrict some services from being posted or they allow bashing.
    Like it or not. Every site that host multiple people is going to want something from you.
    Here we want people to contribute. Other places want you to click on multiple banners.

All members that fit under the criteria for keeping an account are given a custom user title.
    Now you might not be able to see the title. But it puts you in a group that is pretty much like a do not delete list.
    I have begun to move people into that group and will continue you to do that for the next few weeks.

As of today I don't care why you don't contribute here.
    There is no excuse that you can get over with me.
    I have nerve damage in my both of my hands and day after day...I'm the top poster on the site.
    Doing nothing is a choice. Who I decide to host on a free site is a choice.
    I'm not interested in stories or donations.
    I'm interested in having a site that is fun and makes me want to be here.
    Not one that feels like a job, cost me extra money and waste time answering useless emails and pm's.
    Just so nobody is insulted. Any email that is about what more the site can do for you. Is useless.
    So after reading that last line you still feel insulted. Tough shit !
    Paying 162.00 and wasting time for people that do nothing is a bigger insult.

For the people that contribute and the guys I brought the site back for...
    I will be doing an in game thread in the next couple of weeks.
    During that in game I will share with you on why this is being done and also announce what these projects I keep referring to actually are.
    Some of these are pretty cool. Like last week getting to send total strangers to see Elton John in LA.

Re: Custom Cappers Going 100% Members Only In 2015.

Posts like this help, I can't speak for anyone else but I was totally oblivious to the hosting costs associated with keeping the site functional. I'll try to be more active and proactive in helping.

Comment

Can't wait to hear about the future upcoming projects you have. I can't believe it's been seven years since the site open. Thanks so much for all you do and all you've done throughout the years.

Comment

Comment

Reading this .... was like looking in the mirror.... I'm a 54 year old mailman that LOVES to bet football.... This started in college and have played ever since.....I'm not sure what I have to offer the other members.... I'm surely not an "accomplished" gambler...you DONT want my picks...I have tried to become more active.... But doubt...anyone on here really cares about the SOONERS as much as I do... I will continue to try and contribute... And if I make the cut for next year.... AWESOME.. But if I dont... I understand and want to say thanks for the help every football season for the last few years..!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JTLETTERMAN View Post
            Reading this .... was like looking in the mirror.... I'm a 54 year old mailman that LOVES to bet football.... This started in college and have played ever since.....I'm not sure what I have to offer the other members.... I'm surely not an "accomplished" gambler...you DONT want my picks...I have tried to become more active.... But doubt...anyone on here really cares about the SOONERS as much as I do... I will continue to try and contribute... And if I make the cut for next year.... AWESOME.. But if I dont... I understand and want to say thanks for the help every football season for the last few years..!!!!
            You could help with the service play tally for football. A lot of people are interested in how many services are on each team.
            That is something that depending on the day. Takes about 10 to 15 minutes.
            There is a guy that has been doing a totals tally for the NFL for the 2nd year now.
            He doesn't really post anything else. But I moved him into the group that will be staying.

Comment

Your comment mirrors me 100%, I am the same way, thanks for stating it!

Comment

JT, as an Oklahoma fan you might have some "inside info" or some insight, rumors, etc. Anything you share can be helpful. The purpose of this forum is to exchange info, and hopefully make money. Whether your plays win or lose is unimportant, its the thought process that makes it interesting and informative. Good luck with your Sooners and your plays.
                Money won is twice as nice as money earned
                Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

WELL DONE!

Comment

There was really no sense in waiting any longer on this part...
                    The forum is now private.
                    No threads can be viewed by guest.

Comment

Well said Gamer!

And thanks!
                      2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
                      5* 6-8
                      15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
                      10* GOY 1-0
                      5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
                      5* 18-12

Comment

Cullin the herd. Open season on slackers.
                        Money won is twice as nice as money earned
                        Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy33 View Post
                          Well said Gamer!

And thanks!
                          No thank you and guys like captjoe
                          Glad to see you feeling better.
                          it's not the same with you not feeling well around here

Comment

Once again, thanks for everything JD!
                            "The ban on sports betting does exactly what Prohibition did, it makes criminals rich!"

Comment

Working...
                            X