Will 24 Have a Day 10 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will 24 Have a Day 10 ?

From an interview with Chloe (Mary Lynn Rajskub)
    “I’m in a very good position [for the future]. And I will say, up until the very end of shooting, up until the moment before we shot the end of episode 12, it was changed. You’re dead, you’re not dead, you’re dead, you’re not dead.”

“When we went into it, they were going to wrap up the whole franchise with this twelve [episodes]. And once we started shooting and it started going really well… That’s my take on it, I’m not really in those sort of inner conversations, but as we got to the end it felt like wait a minute, this is actually going really well, maybe we don’t really want to wrap the whole thing up right now.”

From the FOX CEO
    FOX is holding their TCA 2014 executive session with FOX Chairman and CEO Peter Rice and there’s some very encouraging news for 24 fans.

Peter Rice said that although there’s been no specific conversation regarding the show returning for another season just yet, he “loved” 24: Live Another Day and has “always been a fan” of the show. He expects to sit down and talk with the producers at some point in the future. “I’d love to see another season of 24,” he said.

“We haven’t had a specific conversation about it coming back yet, but I’m sure we will in the future. It’s a wonderful franchise. When you look at the show itself, it has many more stories to tell. I think we need to sit down and talk to the creators,” said Rice.

Another interesting fact mentioned during their panel is that FOX has moved from C3 to C7 on half of their advertising deals. Previously, everything beyond the third day of DVR viewership went un-monetized but now they will be earning money for the entire first week of viewership. This means DVR performance now plays a much more important role.

24: Live Another Day has been an extremely strong performer on DVR showing a massive 87% increase in viewership.

Re: Will 24 Have a Day 10 ?

24: Solitary is an upcoming 7 minute “story extension” exclusive to the 24: Live Another Day Blu-Ray set. It features the return of fan favorite character Tony Almeida (Carlos Bernard).

Tony was last seen in the 24 Season 7 finale when he was taken into custody for the attempted murder of Alan Wilson (the man responsible for his wife Michelle’s death). Solitary reveals that he’s been in prison for over five years.

In the photo above you can see that Tony Almeida has longer hair, a scruffy beard, and is wearing an orange prison jumpsuit. Actor Barry Livingston plays the Prison Administrator and actress Michelle C. Bonilla will be playing U.S. Attorney Vanessa Diaz.

This project was filmed in Los Angeles on June 30th and reunites some of the old 24 crew – cinematographer Guy Skinner, production designer Carlos Osorio, and prop master Sterling Rush. It was written by Adam DaSilva and directed by Jordan Goldman.

The short is being produced by Bagg Street Productions and is curiously described as an “exclusive bridge scene” on their website. Could this be bridging the gap between Live Another Day and a possible Day 10?

You’ll be able to watch this featurette when the Blu-Ray edition of 24: Live Another Day launches on September 30th.

Comment

Working...
    X