Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TradeSports

Hey fellas long time, no talk.

Anyone know much about this website? Came across something written about it and was curious if anyone knew much about it. Concept intrigued me but have some reservations since the previous site InTrade fell apart I guess. Thanks in advance.

Football can't come soon enough.

No, sir, I have no experience but I am a big fan of money. I like it, I use it, I have a little. I keep it in a jar on top of my refrigerator. Id like to put more in that jar. That is where you come in.

Re: TradeSports

Seems like it's just a way around the US laws regarding sports betting.
    Not sure how long it will last. I know a few people that tried to do similar sites and they lasted less than a few months.
    The problem I see is the more attention they get. The more legal problems they could have.
    Bottom line is this. Right now people just don't feel comfortable putting money in offshore books or the daily fantasy sites.
    I get one email a week from people like that with outrageous bonus offers to become an affiliate for them.
    When things are going well. The bonus offers are usually 10 to 20 % tops. I have seen offers from 100 to 300%.
    Even more alarming is them offering the site as high as 50% commission.
    Books that operated like that in the past usually ended up stiffing players and sites.

From what I seen from tradesports and read about them. They don't seem to be doing any of that right now.
    The only downside I see is this is their second attempt at the concept.
    The only other problem. No matter how they're wording it. It's sports betting and that is currently illegal in most states.

Comment

Thank Gamer
      Ya the more I look at it, it seems just like live betting. Thought maybe it was a little different but that makes me think it will eventually get shut down again. I don't think they will be able to spin the "Skill" angle like Draftstreet and others do in their daily games.
      No, sir, I have no experience but I am a big fan of money. I like it, I use it, I have a little. I keep it in a jar on top of my refrigerator. Id like to put more in that jar. That is where you come in.

Comment

Originally posted by HOVA View Post
        Thank Gamer
        Ya the more I look at it, it seems just like live betting. Thought maybe it was a little different but that makes me think it will eventually get shut down again. I don't think they will be able to spin the "Skill" angle like Draftstreet and others do in their daily games.
        What they're up against is people that lose money with them will make noise.
        You know the guy if he wins wouldn't say shit. But now that he loses his ass, he makes noise.

I think the only way you could get around the sports betting angle is do it like a streak contest or leagues.
        But that would probably turn off the target audience "online sports bettors"
        The majority of those guys are smaller bettors.
        So they would be hard pressed to tie up funds for a week or longer at a time in a contest format.
        I was approached by a group that tried that format and they were done in about 2 months.

Comment

Working...
        X