Have You Ever Sold Concert Tickets Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have You Ever Sold Concert Tickets Online

This morning my wife and I were looking for tickets for Billy Joel.
    After buying some nose bleed seats. We for shits and grinned checked main floor again.
    Boom !
    We end up with F seats 1 and 2. We buy them and figure we will take our kids.
    Do our kids know about Billy Joel. Do they give a shit if they go or not...Probably not.
    Also the problem we would have. One of us and a child get great seats. The other ones wont.
    My thought was to sell the tickets and give the kids something they would like more...Cash.

After checking stubhub. They get 15% of your final sale amount.
    We have the first tickets being mailed to us. So we would have to then mail them to the person that bought.
    Also stubhub will not pay you until the purchaser confirms they have the tickets.
    Wouldn't it be possible for them to say they never got them and we get screwed ?

I was wondering if anybody on here has sold tickets online before

If its a sellout type of show, you're probably better off selling them at the venue. You might get double what you paid. You cant wait to unload them too close to showtime, because buyers will lowball you, knowing you're out of options. An ex son-in law is in the scalping bizz, and pays kids to stand in line all night to buy tix and then he sells them at the show or to a broker. He is a moron though and is the only scalper in history to lose money with Sinatra and Springstein tickets.
    Money won is twice as nice as money earned
    Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

Originally posted by captjoe388 View Post
      If its a sellout type of show, you're probably better off selling them at the venue. You might get double what you paid. You cant wait to unload them too close to showtime, because buyers will lowball you, knowing you're out of options. An ex son-in law is in the scalping bizz, and pays kids to stand in line all night to buy tix and then he sells them at the show or to a broker. He is a moron though and is the only scalper in history to lose money with Sinatra and Springstein tickets.
      That last line is priceless

This show is already or will be sold out soon.
      We checked on craigslist for tickets for that show and seats we have (paid 148.00 for 2) are going from 200.00 to 500.00 each.
      Thanks for the input. I might post them up at cost for pickup only unless I find a better option.
      Not interested with making a profit, just don't want to get screwed.

The scalpers here tend to get all the best seats. Shit we were lucky to score those ones we did.
      I tried for 10 minutes online to get floor seats and nothing. 20 minutes later no problem. Weird.

Comment

Working...
      X