Why leave in Burnett?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why leave in Burnett?

Facing Wainwright? WTF? Your just giving away a playoff game.

I didn't see the inning myself. But some managers will try and let their top pitchers try to pitch out of a bad inning...
    Then hope they can shut them down for a few innings after that.
    But I agree you don't let it get out of hand considering the pitcher your facing

Comment

It was 3-0 base's loaded no out bottom 3rd he then gives up a shot down the line that's misplayed enough to let the 6th run score. Now it's 6-0 man on 2nd still nobody out. At that point you couldn't take him out there was nobody ready. I think after walking the lead off guy who just happen to be Wainwright and then a hard hit grounder between first and 2nd at that point you go out and talk to him. while getting someone up in the bullpen.

That's the problem I had with the Manager of the year was not sending somebody out to talk to him after the first two batters and not getting somebody up sooner. He worked hard getting out of a that Jam the previous inning. You seen he had nothing. I don't think he ever had strike one maybe once or twice hard to win that way. I also question his rotation Burnett sucked on the road this year and sucks at cards stadium. I would have went with Cole, Morton, Liriano then Burnett and Cole for the 5th game if Necessary. Cole has been a stud. 4-0 1.69 in Sept 4-2 2.38 on the road and I don't thing the Cards have faced him. They may have be able to steal game one. Had Cards today will be betting Pitt for series. I love it when a plan comes together lol lol

Winning 8-1 I would have also taken out Wainwright after the 6th inning not 7th But that's why they make the big bucks.

Comment

Totally agree Sir!

Comment

Working...
        X