9/27 Plays and Thoughts on South Carolina/Central Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/27 Plays and Thoughts on South Carolina/Central Florida

Coming off of a winning weekend, I am up 7.9 units for the year in college football. Hopefully another winning day tomorrow. As always, good luck to everyone else as well. I do not see as many games on the board this weekend as I did last weekend, partially because this is the first "real" weekend of conference games.

South Florida +18 4 units
    UAB +20 1 unit
    Arkansas +16 2 units
    Stanford -9.5 1 unit

Miami/South Florida under 48 1 unit
    Central Michigan/NC State under 52.5 5 units
    LSU/Georgia over 62 4 units
    Wake Forest/Clemson under 59 3 units

South Carolina/Central FLorida

This is a dangerous game for South Carolina. A good, although lesser known team on the road that feels like they have an opportunity to be noticed on the National stage with a win here. The biggest question that I have--Have the South Carolina coaches been able to tweak the defensive scheme, during the two weeks since we last played, enough to allow our talented D Line mask the youth in our LB corp? We have talented linebackers, but they are still very young. Every team that we have played against has game planned around Clowney and been able to move the ball by running away from him (although Clowney's stats are just about exactly what they were this time last year. Superman could not have lived up to the expectations that were set for him this year by the media). If the other end of our D-Line can begin to make some plays, then it will not be as easy to take Clowney out of the game.

At first glance, I would say that the 6/12-7 point line is right in line with where it should be, and forced to make a selection I would choose UCF. Also at first glance, the 53 point total does not look high enough to me. I just don't know what kind of adjustments South Carolina has made in the off week (Central Florida was off last week as well). So based off what I have seen so far, here are my leans with a confidence level of 1-10.

Central Florida +7--Based off what i have seen so far, I would be more surprised if we beat this team by 20 than I would if we lost the game. Confidence level 1.

Over 53--Our offense should be hard to stop, and our defense hasn't exactly looked like world beaters this year. The only thing that is keeping me from making this a play is the bye week that both teams are coming off of. Confidence level--4

Final score prediction--
    South Carolina 35
    Central Florida 31

Good luck to all this weekend.

2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
    5* 6-8
    15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
    10* GOY 1-0
    5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
    5* 18-12

Comment

Good luck on your plays.
      Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the team you follow

Comment

Not a good day yesterday, 3-5 on my plays for a loss of 8.4 units, now down 0.5 units for the year. Lot's of football left to be played, so we'll chalk this up as a learning week and look ahead to next week.

It would appear on the surface that South Carolina may be in trouble after losing our starting quarterback, but that would be false. Connor Shaw is a incredible leader, but Dylan Thompson is a much more traditional QB. I feel that our offense may have actually found something in the 2nd half yesterday, and also feel that Mike Davis (RB--3 TD's in the 2nd half yesterday) is going to flourish with Thompson in there.

If Central Florida were in the SEC, I believe that they would be in the top half of the conference THIS YEAR. I expected a tough game, and we were lucky to leave Orlando with a victory. I look for this Gamecock team to finally get on track next week with a BIG margin of victory over Kentucky at home.

Comment

Working...
        X