Pirates Vs Reds For Home Field Advantage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirates Vs Reds For Home Field Advantage

Well have some buddies here that are fans of Pittsburgh and some that are fans of Cincinnati and it appears to be shaping up into a special series. The Reds losing the last two to the Mets and the Pirates losing there last game against the Cubbies so it all comes down to this series which whatever team takes 2 of 3 will get Home field advantage even though Pittsburgh has a one game lead over Cincinnati if my thinking is correct in regards to the tie-breaker being head to head where it stands 8-8 right now.

The first Match-up is the same as last Saturday only this time Burnett will be on the road where it isn't the best place for him to be this year.
    Cincinnati has Bailey going in Game one at home and that's just the place he should be at home.
    Game One IMO advantage Cincinnati

Game Two has Morton vs Arroyo now I have to say I've never been a Morton fan but he has pitched some excellent baseball.
    Morton has a decent record on the road and I also like that he's a ground ball pitcher and that is an advantage at the Great American Ballpark.
    But his achilles heal is lefties are batting 302 against him and if you take a small sample into consideration the past 3 years he's 2-8 with a 5.55 Era pitching in the day time which he will be Saturday afternoon. But if you throw out the 9/8 game against the Cards at cards his last 9 starts has pitched 62 inn 48 hits 14 runs 17 W's and 44 K's

Arroyo who's pitched in type's of game before beat Pittsburgh last Sunday at Pittsburgh but it was a little easy with a 5 run lead before you throw your first pitch. Over a small sample size he's in the right spot at home in a day game. His Achilles heal is also the lefties who bat 290 ahainst him this year. Still have to rate this match-up as even.

It May come down to the Rookie Cole for Pittsburgh who's been pitching excellent in the Month of Sept. where his team is 5-0 when he starts and hasn't given up more then 2 runs in any in the 32 innings he's pitched in the month of Sept. He'll go against Cueto in his third start since coming back "Cueto has been very good in his two starts since returning from injury as he has allowed one earned run in 12 innings combined. He looks to be gearing up for the Reds' playoff run"

Cueto is also 19-5 over the past 3 years pitching under the sun and Cole although pitching great if it comes down to this game my money would be on Cueto.

JMO I have to give the series edge to Cincinnati

Pittsburgh has is 12-12 for the month so far and if you had to look at one series that hurt was getting swept at home agaist San Diego. Cincinnati on the other hand was 14-9 If you had to point to something that puts Cincinnati in this position is that the won 3 of 4 against the Cards and then swept the Dodgers in the beginning of the month and also swept Houston and then won 2 of 3 against Pittsburgh.

The line on tonight's game has been bet down from the opener Cincinnati -135 and it sits anywhere between -120/125 and the series price is -155 Cincinnati.

Good luck to the Bucco's and Reds fans. One and Done Looks like Liriano vs Latos only question is where.

Don't ask me why it came out like this the only Cut/Paste is the Bold lettering about Cueto the rest is from a copy/paste from my email where I like to write and then spell check which seems I don't have here and will have to find it under settings and set it up. Anyway that's my take on this series.

good stuff thanks

leaning to Pittsburgh. only because i was a big fan in the seventies!

Comment

I think this is going to be a good series. I am on the reds tonight

Comment

Originally posted by illini23 View Post
        good stuff thanks

leaning to Pittsburgh. only because i was a big fan in the seventies!
        Same here. First jersey I ever had was one of those yellow ones they use to wear

Comment

Working...
        X