Fantasy Talk Week 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Talk Week 3

I know it's only Monday Night,but once again I have my win wrapped up for the week (unless Brown gets 60 points) and had it not been for Lacy getting injured I would have had high score again as I only missed out by 5 points and I feel he would have gotten that easily.

I left week 2 up and will un stick it later after the game starts!
    2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
    5* 6-8
    15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
    10* GOY 1-0
    5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
    5* 18-12

Injuries on starting to mount for MacDaddys high powered machine.

R.White
    Lacy
    Bush

Even thou I didn't start White this week and went with Lacy as Lacy sat the first week for me with White starting so I'm just looking for a flex position.I do have Mendenhall on the bench so I do have someone to plug in providing Bush is ok.Next I would have to bring D.Williams off the bench.

I'm going to drop N.E. WR Thompkins this week as I have to have someone better on the bench to bring into action this week or next when byes start.

Lets take a look at what is available!!
    2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
    5* 6-8
    15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
    10* GOY 1-0
    5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
    5* 18-12

Comment

RB options:

Detroits Bell is gone but if he is available in your league and you have room I advise you to pick him up.

MJD is hurt and I don't even know who the backup is there and I'm to lazy to look it up and to be frank..sorry Jag fans but I feel they are so bad that they are going to be behind all year and the RB position will not have much value.IMHO

Baltys Rice is hurt and once again Pierce would be someone to pick up if available...not in my league!

G.B. Lacy hurt,may be out a week and Starks did well and is available in my league so he is an option.

Jets B.Powell is available ugghh J.E.T.S. Jets,Jets,Jets

Giants Jacobs is available and looks like he will be a goal line back.

That's about it in my league unless someone else has anyone I'm overlooking!
      2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
      5* 6-8
      15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
      10* GOY 1-0
      5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
      5* 18-12

Comment

WR position:

First option would be S.D. Eddie Royal,looks like Rivers is comfortable throwing to him.

Best of the rest

Houstons D. Hopkins A.Johnson injury?

Wash L.Hankerson Looks like Wash will be behind and throwing alot this year

Balty M.Brown not bad the 1st 2 weeks

Seattle D.Baldwin

Minn J.Simpson

Not much for me to choose from.
        2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
        5* 6-8
        15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
        10* GOY 1-0
        5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
        5* 18-12

Comment

Out of my options:

Royal
          Starks
          Powell

Are the 3 I'm considering with dropping Thompkins.

Or should I just keep Thompkins?

I'm really not in that bad of a need at the moment,always trying to upgrade thou!
          2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
          5* 6-8
          15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
          10* GOY 1-0
          5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
          5* 18-12

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy33 View Post
            Out of my options:

Royal
            Starks
            Powell

Are the 3 I'm considering with dropping Thompkins.

Or should I just keep Thompkins?

I'm really not in that bad of a need at the moment,always trying to upgrade thou!

Starks looks like he'll get almost all the carries when Lacy is out. Starks will almost certainly score more (on average) than Thompkins on any given Sunday that Lacy is Out.

Royal looks to possibly be on par or better than Thompkins. SD offense seems to be better this year, but it is still confusing and unpredictable to me.

Comment

The word going around town here was the Lions shopping Leshoure.
              If Bush misses anytime at all I could see them possibly showcasing Leshoure and giving him some touches.
              But Bell would be the main guy.

I got a 99 point lead in one league with nobody left and the guy I'm playing has AJ.
              The other league I have a 47 point lead with Brown going and they have Bengals defense.
              Yesterday was one of those days where it felt like a loss in both leagues. So I was surprised when checking the scores late last night.

Not sure how long Lacy will be out. But Starks is probably the best choice for you Mac.
              I was thinking of adding him last night. But then seen Moreno was getting more touches with Denver. So I will probably pass on him.

Comment

Packers coach Mike McCarthy provided no Monday update on Eddie Lacy's concussion, and said there won't be one before Wednesday.
                McCarthy did say the Packers are "not looking to add a back," which suggests they believe Lacy avoided a long-term concussion. Still, he seems unlikely to play in Week 3 and could miss multiple games, depending entirely on Lacy's ability to pass concussion testing.

Profootballtalk.com reports Reggie Bush's Monday MRI confirmed there is no structural damage to his left knee.
                Although he couldn't finish Sunday's game, Bush merely banged the knee on a helmet. So we never anticipated a long-term injury. Still, Bush is going to be sore throughout the week and may not practice. ESPN's Adam Schefter has said to expect Bush to be listed as questionable on Friday's injury report.

Comment

I just looked at my season schedule as far as byes go and I couldn't have drafted better.Other than Ryan and White on bye at the same time(have Vick)so that isn't a problem Only have 1 on bye at a time with the exception of Mendenhall and D Williams and they haven't seen the field yet for me.

I get by this week without Lacy then he's on bye the following week so that gives him another week off to get his head together.

I only carry one TE bye week 10 and one Defense bye week 12 so I don't even have to worry about them all year and hopefully by then I'll have a playoff spot wrapped up.

I think at this point barring any more injuries I think I will try to get Royal as his bye week is week 8 and that gives me more flexibility and I'm weaker at that position.Hopefully by then White will be over his injury.

Did I mention that after 2 weeks I'm the only 2-0 team in my league!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you tell I like my team?????
                  2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
                  5* 6-8
                  15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
                  10* GOY 1-0
                  5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
                  5* 18-12

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy33 View Post
                    I just looked at my season schedule as far as byes go and I couldn't have drafted better.Other than Ryan and White on bye at the same time(have Vick)so that isn't a problem Only have 1 on bye at a time with the exception of Mendenhall and D Williams and they haven't seen the field yet for me.

I get by this week without Lacy then he's on bye the following week so that gives him another week off to get his head together.

I only carry one TE bye week 10 and one Defense bye week 12 so I don't even have to worry about them all year and hopefully by then I'll have a playoff spot wrapped up.

I think at this point barring any more injuries I think I will try to get Royal as his bye week is week 8 and that gives me more flexibility and I'm weaker at that position.Hopefully by then White will be over his injury.

Did I mention that after 2 weeks I'm the only 2-0 team in my league!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you tell I like my team?????

I'm dreading the Vick bye week as I also have McCoy.
                    Got 2 weeks overall that could cause me problems in one league for sure.
                    So hoping to complete the 2-0 by hanging on tonight.
                    Royal should be a decent pick up. I think he is gone already in one of my leagues.
                    But I have extra WR's there. Hoping to find a better bench RB this week.

Comment

I have Vick and McCoy as well. Week 8 is going to suck. Really need a foster injury as I have Tate on my bench.

Comment

Fyi - 14 tm ppr league start 1qb,1rb,2wr,1flex,k,def
                        Starters:
                        vick
                        mccoy
                        forte
                        garcon
                        wayne
                        K-bryant
                        Def-hou
                        Bench:
                        tannehill
                        tate
                        B. brown
                        J. gOrdon
                        m. Floyd

Comment

Shonn Greene had his knee scoped Monday and is expected to miss a "few" weeks.
                          Greene injured his knee in the season opener against Pittsburgh and was inactive for Sunday's overtime loss to the Texans. Knee scopes typically need 2-4 weeks of recovery. Jackie Battle will handle short-yardage duties in Greene's absence

Speaking Monday, Chargers coach Mike McCoy admitted Malcom Floyd (neck) is "unlikely" to play in Week 3.

Coach Gary Kubiak stated Monday that Andre Johnson "did great" on Monday after suffering a concussion in Sunday's win.
                          Johnson was able to ride a bike for conditioning, which is always a good sign a day after being concussed. The Houston Chronicle expects Johnson to play in Week 3 against the Ravens

Speaking Monday, Ravens coach John Harbaugh confirmed Ray Rice (left hip flexor) did not undergo an MRI, and is "day to day."

Harbaugh said Rice is unlikely to practice this week, but that he could suit up for Sunday's game against the Texans without practicing. He basically admitted that Rice will be a game-time decision

Comment

The Akron Beacon-Journal reports Brandon Weeden (right throwing thumb) will likely be sidelined for Sunday's Week 3 game against the Vikings.
                            Beat writer Nate Ulrich says it "wouldn't be surprising" if coach Rob Chudzinski ruled Weeden out in the next couple of days. The Browns want to see how Weeden "responds to treatment" before doing so

Comment

Coach Mike Tomlin said Le'Veon Bell (foot) will ramp up his activity this week.

Heath Miller (knee) is expected to practice in full this week.
                              During the Monday Night Football broadcast, ESPN's Mike Tirico said Mike Tomlin thinks Miller could be back as soon as Week 3

The Florida Times-Union reports the Jaguars are "optimistic" Maurice Jones-Drew (ankle) will play Sunday against the Seahawks.
                              Jones-Drew has a left ankle "strain" and will likely be limited in practice this week.

Comment

Working...
                              X