College Plays 9/14-Plus Thoughts on South Carolina/Vanderbilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Plays 9/14-Plus Thoughts on South Carolina/Vanderbilt

I lost 3.7 units last week, looking to get it back and then some this week. Good luck to all.

Vanderbilt +14 1 unit (played earlier in week, simply as a hedge)
    Texas A&M +8.5 1 unit
    UTEP -4 1 unit

Maryland/UConn over 47 3 units
    W. Michigan/Northwestern under 59.5 3 units
    Ohio St/Cal under 67 1 unit
    Ga Tech/Duke over 58 2 units
    Marshall/Ohio under 69 4 units
    Tennessee/Oregon over 72 2 units
    Nevada/Florida St under 65 1/2 3 units

South Carolina/Vandy

As you see above, I put a play in on Vandy earlier in the week. As mentioned before, I never bet on South Carolina, but will occasionally bet against us when we are favored (hoping for a "middle" of sorts--if we win I am happy regardless...if we lose, at least I won some money...if we win but don't cover, even a better day). I don't necessarily think that Vandy covers this game, but rather this is a hedge.

This Gamecock team has more talent on it than what has been on display the first couple of weeks, especially on defense. We return home this week after a rough one in Athens last week, and I have the feeling that the defense is going to be angry, right from the opening kickoff. Our offense has played well so far, and I see that continuing. I would like to see Dylan Thompson get some meaningful reps in during this game...the way that Connor Shaw plays leaves him very open to an injury occuring at any time. Our young RB, Mike Davis, outgained Todd Gurley from UGA last week, even though he only had half of the amount of carries. This guy is improving each week, and is going to be a stud.

I believe that Steve Spurrier is pissed off, and that he is going to take it out on a fairly talented Commodore team tomorrow night. Yeah, I'll lose my bet, but at least the ship will be pointed back in the right direction with this football team.

South Carolina 42
    Vandy 17

Spread pick South Carolina -13 1/2 Confidence Level 7
    Over 49 1/2 Confidence Level--3

Best of luck

Comment

I managed to go 7-3 this past weekend, and to win 8.4 units in the process. Sorry I'm just getting around to updating, was fairly busy with the family yesterday. This brings my total on the year to +4.7 units in my plays since I began posting here.

South Carolina seems to have a problem in making halftime adjustments this year, as the game Saturday night was much closer in the 2nd half than it should have been. In our first three games this year, we have scored 21, 24, and 28 points in the first half. In the same three games, we have only managed to score 6, 6, and 7 points in the 2nd half. While I have said before that I don't make any plays on the Gamecocks, and rarely will make a play against them in order to hedge, this bit of info may be able to help some of you profit by playing 1st half or 2nd half lines. Jadeveon Clowney made it known after the game on Saturday night that he is playing with bone spurs in his foot, and will have surgery to "clean it out" after the season is over. All I know is this, the defense needs to play better. I'm glad that we have an off week this week, because we need all of the extra practice time to get ready for a tough OOC road game at Central Florida. It may seem at first glance that we should win this game easily, but we could just as easily lose this next game if we don't play better in the 2nd half.

Good luck to everyone tonight if you are playing the Monday Night game.

Comment

Working...
      X