Fantasy Talk Week 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Talk Week 2

Gamer had a great idea putting this up last week and I'll hijack his idea this week.

We have alot of Fantasy Football members on here and I think we should do this every week.I consider myself a very good player(just saying)lol and can offer my opinion and also get advice in return.No matter how good you are you only get better by listening to others that might be able to help you.

We can discuss who to start - who to sit and also waiver wire moves that may win you a championship.

Good Luck!
    2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
    5* 6-8
    15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
    10* GOY 1-0
    5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
    5* 18-12

Thanks for starting this.
    After tonight and scouring the waiver wire I'm sure I will have a flex question for next week and possibly many more.
    Pegged David Wilson to be my flex and backup RB and he looks to have fumbled his ass right to the bench.
    Hopefully the coaching staff remembers Tiki had the same problem and turned things around.

Hey MAC. Off Topic for a second.
    How come the Steelers don't go after a RB like Ryan Williams with Arizona.
    It's obvious they have no plans for him and could probably be had for a mid round pick.
    Seems like a better idea then bringing a retread back like they did today.

Last thing...Some injury news on the RB front
    FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports Shane Vereen is undergoing wrist surgery on Monday and will miss "a few weeks."

Comment

Lets take a look at the TE position

I know it was only 1 game,but depending on who you have it might be a good idea to get J.Thomas from Denver.I usually don't get to excited or down the first week but given P.Mannings past with TE involvement (D.Clark) he has a history of using that position.

If they are available and not picked up by the smart guys in your league....like me in the 12th thru 14th rounds

Cameron -- Clev
      Cook ---- St.Louis

They both should be solid all year

Others to look at:

Winslow - Jets
      Allen -Indy

Just if you are really not satisfied with the one you have on your roster.And I say 1 because my feelings are you should only carry 1 TE on your roster.

I for one am not making a move here as I have Clevelands Cameron and St.Louis Cook on all my teams and Thru 1 week am happy with them.
      2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
      5* 6-8
      15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
      10* GOY 1-0
      5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
      5* 18-12

Comment

They are really pushing for Bell to come back week 3 and if he does he will be the featured back,but you are getting ahead of me here as I was going to bring him up in my RB topic.
        2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
        5* 6-8
        15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
        10* GOY 1-0
        5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
        5* 18-12

Comment

Now at RB:

J.Bell - Det at the moment it looks like he will be the goalline back and get the TD's so if you need a plug in he will get his chances

Scott -- Giants Looks like I might have dodged a bullet here as I had high hopes for Wilson,but if he doesn't solve his fumbling Scott might see action.

Moreno --Denver He was slated as 3rd on the depth chart and actually started.He went undrafted in my leagues and may be available.Tough choice in a three headed RB situation with Ball and Hillman

Bell -- Pitt He should be available and might be back week 3.He will be the featured back when healthy.Only thing that bothers me here is that Pittsburgh is a mess.Pouncey done for the year,line was always a ?

Once again,I will not be making a move as I am happy with my RBs
          2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
          5* 6-8
          15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
          10* GOY 1-0
          5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
          5* 18-12

Comment

J.Bell
            Would be a solid pickup if still available. Leshoure was a healthy scratch this week.
            Bell is a favorite of the coaching staff and also with the fans.

I kind of like Moreno and have a feeling Peyton does as well.
            I drafted him late in one of my leagues and may consider him for the flex spot where Wilson is parked now.

Comment

Keep an eye on TE Joseph Fauria of the Lions. He replaced Pettigrew in the redzone yesterday.
              Pettigrew has had numerous drops and ball security issues in his time with the Lions.
              He also is in the last year of his contract so Fauria may be getting more targets going forward.

Comment

Now the WR Position

Looking over the available in my league,I can't believe he is still available:

J.Edelman -N.E. he is a solid option and also with Amendola being injury prone his stock might even rise more
                Thompkins -N.E. he is a sleeper pick also if available

Douglas --Atl White owners be scared ..that's me! If he can't get over his high ankle sprain then Douglas becomes viable option

Hartline -- Miami He was my sleeper in all drafts as I picked him up in the 13th and 14th round and may be available in yours.He will be your Welker type WR as people are concerned with Wallace.To me if he is available he is a must pickup and will get you points every week.

I will be looking over my roster and might pick up Edelman this week
                2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
                5* 6-8
                15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
                10* GOY 1-0
                5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
                5* 18-12

Comment

QB Position

Pryor -- Oak looks like he could be an option for you on a bye week,he is going to get yards running the football as Oaklands line can't protect him and he can scramble

I'd be surprised if these next 2 are available,but they are in 1 of mine so who knows.

Stafford Det ...Still confused he's available

Bradford St.Louis I was going to take him late in my draft but went with Vick instead.Will see how Vick does and if he doesn't look good will go after 1 of these 2
                  2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
                  5* 6-8
                  15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
                  10* GOY 1-0
                  5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
                  5* 18-12

Comment

Kickers:

I looked at all the teams in my league and 14 points was the highest and I had 12,but if I were you and you don't have a good one I would do the matchup thing.That means every week I would look at the best available and add and drop a kicker according to the matchup.Another position that I would never recommend 2 on my team.Go with 1 and use the extra spot for a quality backup RB or WR.
                    2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
                    5* 6-8
                    15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
                    10* GOY 1-0
                    5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
                    5* 18-12

Comment

That's a breakdown of some of the players that are available in my leagues.

If you have a question about someone available in your league just ask and if I can't answer it I have faith that someone else on the great site can!
                      2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
                      5* 6-8
                      15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
                      10* GOY 1-0
                      5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
                      5* 18-12

Comment

Just looking over my team and whats available in the league I really,really,really want to win and I just don't see me being active on the waiver this week.I could cut Vick depending on how he looks tonight and get Stafford or Bradford,but I don't really need to as Ryan is my starter.

Edelman or Bell would be my other options to pick up,but who to cut?Mendenhall,Williams at RB or Thompkins at WR who are on my bench anyway.Think I'll roll with who I have!!
                        2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
                        5* 6-8
                        15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
                        10* GOY 1-0
                        5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
                        5* 18-12

Comment

Shocking Stafford is available in your league.
                          Your in a good spot when you cant decide to players to cut in my opinion.
                          Both the leagues I'm in have rosters and waivers locked until tomorrow.
                          I don't think it matters because I would have grabbed Scott to cuff with Wilson and that will probably end up as a time share.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGame View Post
                            J.Bell
                            Would be a solid pickup if still available. Leshoure was a healthy scratch this week.
                            Bell is a favorite of the coaching staff and also with the fans.

I kind of like Moreno and have a feeling Peyton does as well.
                            I drafted him late in one of my leagues and may consider him for the flex spot where Wilson is parked now.
                            I have Bell rostered in a number of leagues. Hoping he is a vital cog in the offense going forward as I just lost Vereen in a few of the same leagues. Gamer any additional info on Bush's aliments yet? Saw he tweaked a groin and dislocated his thumb, tho kept playing. Probably too early to tell his week 2 status, I'm sure he'll be limited all week. Bell probably offers some of the bigger upside of any RB handcuff regardless. Barely outta Week 1 and Reggie already getting kinked up and keeping his stigma.

If you want a deep sleeper, take a flier on Willis McGahee. Wouldn't be surprised to see him sign in New York
                            No, sir, I have no experience but I am a big fan of money. I like it, I use it, I have a little. I keep it in a jar on top of my refrigerator. Id like to put more in that jar. That is where you come in.

Comment

Originally posted by HOVA View Post
                              I have Bell rostered in a number of leagues. Hoping he is a vital cog in the offense going forward as I just lost Vereen in a few of the same leagues. Gamer any additional info on Bush's aliments yet? Saw he tweaked a groin and dislocated his thumb, tho kept playing. Probably too early to tell his week 2 status, I'm sure he'll be limited all week. Bell probably offers some of the bigger upside of any RB handcuff regardless. Barely outta Week 1 and Reggie already getting kinked up and keeping his stigma.

If you want a deep sleeper, take a flier on Willis McGahee. Wouldn't be surprised to see him sign in New York

Giants are expected to bring in McGahee and Brandon Jacobs on Tuesday
                              2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
                              5* 6-8
                              15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
                              10* GOY 1-0
                              5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
                              5* 18-12

Comment

Working...
                              X