Rest of the Baseball Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rest of the Baseball Season

Instead of opening a new thread everyday or whatever I like what's left of the baseball season lets put it in this thread.

Sunday 9/8

#928 Yankees +102 W
    #928 UNDER 8.5 +100 Yankees/Boston W
    Last edited by The Old Timer; 09-09-2013, 01:44 PM. Reason: Just updated Result

I know it's Monday night Football but lets not forget Baseball.

Monday 9/9

#957 Arizona +152 (5D) L
    #961 Yankees +121 (5 L

I meant to say a few words on the Yankee play and why I think it's a solid play and getting this type of price with CC in Sept and who's had an off year but seems to be turning it around lately. It maybe to late for Yankees but this team will fight. This is more a play against Tillmall who has been great this year and is one of the main reason Baltimore is where they are. Tillman as fly ball pitcher has done very well pitching in the smaller Baltimore stadium. His WHIP is okay 1.25 his BAA against is 2.43 which is okay and it's almost the same against lefties and righties. His ERA which is 3.71 is very good for the american league. He's given up 27 Home Runs along with 62 Walks vs 144 k's in in 172 innings pitched.
    That's a lot of pitches and He hasn't pitched over 86 innings in any season the last 4 years and after the Cleveland game last out which could mean nothing I think he's Hitting the wall and will be looking to go against him if things set up with the right price ,Team. JMO thinking this game with this price sets up nicely.
    Last edited by The Old Timer; 09-10-2013, 01:00 AM. Reason: Comment on the Yankee/Balt Game

Comment

I tip my Hat to this Kid Tillman

Comment

Originally posted by The Old Timer View Post
        I tip my Hat to this Kid Tillman
        Been a good find for them. I thought earlier this year it would be Chen to ace their staff...
        But this kid took that job and ran with it

Comment

Tuesday 9/10

#905 Washington -135 w
          #911 Arizona +110 L

On Ocassion during the course of the year I'll bet what I call a Fun parlay by taking a 4 or 5 teams on the run line. I don't do it often and it's a little late in the season now but I hit a couple this year for decent payouts. But If I bet a team on the run line which I can count on one hand how many times I did this year I just don't believe in it but on occasion I will but it will only be on a road team less money but I'm more interested in the 9 at bats. Anyway I'm going to add a bonus bet bet to these two by taking a run line parlay and making the day a little more interesting.

Parlay

Washington -1.5 Runs +128
          Arizona +110

$50 to Win $189.40
          Last edited by The Old Timer; 09-12-2013, 09:16 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling

Comment

Adding One, Sorry so late

#914 Giants -117 (5D) L
            Last edited by The Old Timer; 09-12-2013, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Wednesday 9/11 (Never Forget)

#959 Wasington -129 (5D) w
              #963 Arizona +120 w
              #969 Yankees +118 w
              #967 Angels +100 w

I posted these already about 15 minutes ago I think I forgot to hit submit after I previewed the work.
              Last edited by The Old Timer; 09-12-2013, 09:16 PM. Reason: Corrected English at I least I tried lol

Comment

Good luck tonight

Comment

Now nobody will see the crying I did about losing two Extra Inning Games last night. What A shame...JK

Thanks Game and hope things are going well

Comment

Originally posted by The Old Timer View Post
                    Now nobody will see the crying I did about losing two Extra Inning Games last night. What A shame...JK

Thanks Game and hope things are going well
                    Going good.
                    I had a horrible extra inning beat years ago.
                    Had Braves under 8.5. At the end of 9 the game was tied 0-0
                    Forgot who the Braves were playing but they score 4 runs in the top of the 14th and the Braves walk off with a 5 spot

Comment

Thursday 9/12

#917 Yankees +144
                      #920 T.Bay -105

Comment

Good luck.
                        Rays on MLB Network tonight

Comment

Friday 9/13

#974 Texas -125 L

Good Luck
                          Last edited by The Old Timer; 09-14-2013, 02:31 AM. Reason: Graded

Comment

Texas is hoping they can lose their way into a wild card spot.
                            Makes you wonder if guys like Hamilton and Napoli were worth more to the overall chemistry of the clubhouse than their numbers offensively.
                            The other thing that drives me nuts with them. Constantly tinkering with the lineup.
                            You got Martin who can steal bases anytime he wants. Lead him off and put a guy that will take some pitches in the 2 hole.
                            Maybe somebody like AJ.
                            Bat Beltre third, Rios 4th and drop Kinsler down to 6th or 7th. The guy is not a top of the order hitter, same with Andrus.
                            When they were rolling along. They trotted the same lineup out there each day for years.
                            Now you lose two guys off your team and you don't know where to put everybody else.
                            I like Ron Washington. But sometimes managers tend to over manage if that makes sense.

Comment

Thursday 9/19

Just know seeing your comments and do agree and I do have more to say on this Texas team and will be adding to this in about an hour. It's mostly going to agree with you because I think your spot on the things you say and I also think Washington is gone this year. but right now one play

#972 T.BAY +08 (5d)

PS: Sorry I didn't see this sooner
                              Last edited by The Old Timer; 09-19-2013, 05:54 PM. Reason: corrected date

Comment

Working...
                              X