Fantasy Baseball Keeper Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Baseball Keeper Question

We have a TIS league that allows you to keep 2 keepers.
    Bottom line is my team sucked this year. I will probably end up with the second or third pick in the draft.
    Again it's a keeper league. So the first rounds of the draft makes where you pick not even matter.
    Guys like Trout and Cabrera are no doubt going to be kept.

Here is my list of guys I would consider as keepers.
    Robinson Cano
    Buster Posey
    Ryan Braun
    Will Myers
    Bryce Harper

What two would you keep from that list ?

I really don't like keeper leagues but I would NEVER keep a catcher no matter how good. One crazy play could end there season. I would not keep braun because I don't know how long he was using ped's and how will everything affect him next year. Second base is pretty deep ,you won't get cano but you can get a good second baseman. If you play 5 outfielders I would keep Harper and Myers who both have tremendous upside!!!! Good luck next year!!!! I'm probably gonna keep C. Davis $ G. Stanton
    Last edited by gary6425; 09-26-2013, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Since I'm in the league my opinion doesn't count but Cano is a given
      NFL 2014-2015
      Overall 13-11-1
      Playoffs

MLB 2014
      134-99-3 +30.89
      2* 2-2

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLaker View Post
        Since I'm in the league my opinion doesn't count but Cano is a given
        Your opinion counts.
        Cano seems like the easiest one to keep from the list. Second baseman have a big drop off after him.
        His basic numbers are solid at almost any spot on the diamond.

Myself I don't think Braun was using a long time. Again you can argue what these drugs do all day.
        But they don't make you hit the ball. Strength and recovery time seem to be their biggest upsides.

I like Harper. But if it was any other player with his numbers would you draft him in the first two rounds ?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGame View Post
          Your opinion counts.
          Cano seems like the easiest one to keep from the list. Second baseman have a big drop off after him.
          His basic numbers are solid at almost any spot on the diamond.

Myself I don't think Braun was using a long time. Again you can argue what these drugs do all day.
          But they don't make you hit the ball. Strength and recovery time seem to be their biggest upsides.

I like Harper. But if it was any other player with his numbers would you draft him in the first two rounds ?
          Nope, not a chance. I like Harper too but he's still developing. Personally, I wouldn't spend a keeper pick based on upside. That said I think I'd go w/ Braun as my other keeper. I agree he'll be able to produce but I have to wonder about the power numbers. Even so, as essentially a late 2nd rounder, I'd be more than happy with Braun at that pick.
          NFL 2014-2015
          Overall 13-11-1
          Playoffs

MLB 2014
          134-99-3 +30.89
          2* 2-2

Comment

Working...
          X