Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just an Idea hopefully fun and profitable

The NFL

I'm not big on the NFL but I do watch it I just don't like the rule changes and my biggest complaint has always been the Ref's. Don't get me wrong I'm not talking about bad calls that results in bad beats that happens in every sport what I'm talking about is a Lawyer who takes off on Sunday to Ref an NFL game. The most popular game on the planet and they should have younger Ref's that train all year and go over the rules in meetings and workouts and this becomes there career. Watch the Ref's during a game when a 310lb line men who runs a 4.6 40 running down the field to block these Ref's are more concerned with getting out of the way then watching the play. Don't get me wrong there's some good ones but for a league that's worth Billions there should be full time Ref's. Study the teams sturdy there tendencies use that to get into better position.

Okay enough of that, I don't even want to get into a QB throws 7 TD's in there opening game. The game to me and it's only my opinion lost it's luster and it's on it's way to being flag football. if it went away I really wouldn't miss it. I like College a little better.

I will still bet and post a couple/three maybe more sometimes that I think can get the money and hopefully make a little.
    So what I did this year was get into a friends contest and the short of it is it's a $200 entry fee you pick 7 games Sides or Total's only from Sunday/Monday's games. He uses the lines from Wednesday's USA today if there's a line missing he'll use Thursday and if still not there he'll use a consensus of the off shore lines. I don't like the way that's done but it's his contest.

Out of the 7 Games you pick one BB and a tiebreaker total the best score for that week gets $300 say you go 6-1 and someone else goes 6-1 then the closest to there tiebreaker gets the money. The kicker is if you both go 6-1 your BB must win if one of you lost your BB the other guy wins regardless of the Tie Breaker.

So each week I'll post in the same thread the plays that I bet and right below it my 7 contest picks and the top 5 players and there score.
    In this contest you get 2 points for a win and 1 point for a push. I thought it would be fun. The thread's Title will be Contest and Plays (That title was a tough one to come up with :)

The Thread will be up a little later.
Working...
X