My First Picks on This Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Picks on This Site

Good afternoon everyone, hope that each of you are getting ready for a profitable weekend! This is my first post on this site, although I have been a long time lurker. I am going to begin posting my weekend plays for your enjoyment/amusement. I, like anyone else, can run anywhere from very hot to very cold. I do not make any silly guarantees that I will hit 70% or anything like that, in fact you may well decide at some point that I am good fade material, lol. I will say, however, that I am a very avid South Carolina Gamecock fan, and attend every game, both home and away. I am 39 years old and have been to all home games but 5 since 1977. I have not missed a home or away game since 1994. Since I am so emotionally attached, I do not ever bet on South Carolina to cover. I will at times bet a small amount against South Carolina if we are favored, knowing that if we happen to lose that I can take some solace in the fact that I won a little money. If I lose that small bet, then I am still happy because we won. And there is always the possibility under this scenario that we win and don't cover, which makes me double happy. I will at times place money on an over/under with our games.

I usually enjoy playing more games than most people do, therefore the units that I use are smaller than a lot of my friends that are only playing 2 or3 games per day.

I will list my plays from 1-5 units, with 5 being a top play. I will also give my thoughts on South Carolina games, even if I am not making a play on them. I will list my confidence in these opinions on a 1-10 basis, with 10 being very sure. Please note that these opinions on South Carolina do not always constitute as plays.

With that said, here are my first "official" plays on this site. As always, best of luck to everyone this weekend!

Miami-Ohio +17 3 units
    Southern Cal -15 2 units
    Tulsa -10 1 unit
    Oklahoma -21 5 units

Tulane/South Alabama under 49 1/2 1 unit
    Washington St/Southern Cal under 54 3 units
    Oregon/Virginia over 61 3 units
    Southern Miss/Nebraska over 59 1/2 5 units
    Utah State/Air Force under 59 2 units
    Notre Dame/Michigan over 50 4 units
    UAB/LSU under 62 3 units

South Carolina Game--Winning Side
    Not placing a bet here, but here are my thoughts. Knowing both Clemson and Georgia as huge rivals of the Gamecocks, I watched their game last weekend very attentively. I told anyone who asked me an opinion that it would be a shoot-out, and predicted that the winning score would be 42-40 without picking a winner of the game. Once the game was over, I felt that Clemson was about what I expected them to be, and Georgia was not. Georgia should have won that game by two scores, but did not execute when they had opportunities.

South Carolina had what I considered to be an unimpressive performance against UNC. We jumped on them early and won, yes. But all that I have heard this week is that Jadeveon Clowney was out of shape and had not prepared for the season because he appeared so tired during the game. Let me tell you something folks, it was ungodly hot in that stadium last Thursday night. I certainly didn't play, but even my shirt was soaked from sweat once it ended (sweating alcohol, I might add). Clowney wasn't the only one that was tired, he just received all of the media attention from it. Tomorrow in Athens it is supposed to be in the mid 80s with low humidity at kickoff, and cooling as the game continues. We will be wearing our white jerseys and white pants as opposed to the much darker garnet on garnet that we wore last week (which I believe makes a huge difference in early season games in the South). Conditioning will not be a problem tomorrow, for either squad.

With that said, while we can certainly win this game, I expect UGA to play like...well, like a pack of dogs with their backs against the wall. While I don't expect Aaron Murray to have a very good game due to our D-Line, their power running game matches up well against our inexperienced linebackers. Our offense should be able to be effective against their defense as well, although not put up quite as many points as Clemson did. This should be close game throughout, and I'll call for Georgia to send me home unhappy with a 24-21 victory. I'll be very happy if I'm wrong, Go Cocks!

Pick--Georgia -3 Confidence Level--2
    Under 56 Confidence Level--4

Good luck this weekend Catdaddy & welcome to the slant.

Comment

Now that was an outstanding first post.
      Good luck on your plays

Comment

Thanks guys! Having never considered my handicapping skills to be worthy of recommending to other people, I am looking forward to giving this a shot!

Comment

Good luck and welcome. Very entertaining. Look forward to more posts from you.
          Money won is twice as nice as money earned
          Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

Great post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and we'll look forward to your future posts. I felt the same way about Georgia for many of the same reasons you stated above and am gonna make it my first official CFB play of the 2013 season. Just needed one more bit of info to put me over the top. Good luck with all your plays CD and welcome to the Slant.

Comment

Good Job!

Comment

and welcome

Comment

and welcome

Comment

well said

Comment

Good luck. Thanks for the insight.

Comment

Not a good day yesterday, for either my plays or for South Carolina. There is leadership missing from this football team, evidenced by the scuffle between coaches on the sideline yesterday. The defense should be better than they appear to be.

I went 4-7 on my plays, but was fortunate to only lose 3.7 units. There's always next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Catdaddy4 View Post
                          Not a good day yesterday, for either my plays or for South Carolina. There is leadership missing from this football team, evidenced by the scuffle between coaches on the sideline yesterday. The defense should be better than they appear to be.

I went 4-7 on my plays, but was fortunate to only lose 3.7 units. There's always next week.
                          Takes balls for people to post their plays. So I appreciate that and even more...
                          Is having people that can give some insight on the teams they follow.
                          Good luck and get it back next week

Comment

Working...
                          X