Boomer's Thoughts: Week 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boomer's Thoughts: Week 2

I wanted to start doing a thread each week and just talk through my thoughts and ideas as I analyze the matchups and filter through each over the course of the week...

1) After looking at all the games this week, the 1st thing that stuck out to me was that I don't see any way the BYU stays close to Texas. I had placed the spread at the low end near -10.5...so to see it come out where it did, I was really surprised.

Welcome to the site. Nice concept with the thread your doing.

Comment

I like Texas too. BYU won't be able to keep up with scoring of the Longhorns.

I'm also really liking Georgia, even though SC has won ATS head to head over the last few years. Josh Harvey-Clemons is coming back after a 1 game suspension and is a play-maker on that Georgia defense. Georgia always seems to open up with a close loss to someone to start the season, but always end up winning at least 10 games in a ridiculously tough SEC. Georgia is a solid team who happened to lose a close game last week on the road to a top 5 team. I'll take Georgia at home -3 with revenge on their minds for last season's ass-whoopin'.

Comment

I'm staying away from Texas this week. I had them last week for the cover, but its really hard for a team to go to Provo and win. Line is a lil suspect after week 1. I'm thinkin trap game. Lots of other 1's out their to look at. Ball state, Michigan, Cincy, + the over, Oklahoma. Just to name a few

Comment

Good luck this weekend Boomer.

Comment

I agree Spark44. Possibility of rain and some wind that keep this game close. Altitude and home crowd might keep this around the number.

Comment

Money won is twice as nice as money earned
              Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

Originally posted by Spark44 View Post
                I'm staying away from Texas this week. I had them last week for the cover, but its really hard for a team to go to Provo and win. Line is a lil suspect after week 1. I'm thinkin trap game. Lots of other 1's out their to look at. Ball state, Michigan, Cincy, + the over, Oklahoma. Just to name a few
                Your right...the line does look suspect to me, which makes me pause.

Comment

I'm also evaluating teams for a money line parlay. I usually do a few each weekend.

Anyone have thoughts on Middle Tennessee's chances of upsetting UNC? I want to include UNC, but have a little hesitation.

Same with Stanford and San Jose State...

Comment

and welcome

Comment

Working...
                    X