Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Football

I put this in the NFL section rather than fantasy because I thought it would get more attention here.

My thoughts,opinions and questions on having a Championship fantasy Team!

Was wondering what some of your thoughts were on this year.

Drafting at #2 who do you consider the best RB available?

A.P goes 1st in all drafts so whos next?

Martin,Lynch,McCoy,Charles or do you feel Foster will still be ok.I have been taking Martin and Lynch in most mocks.I really don't like Charles,Foster has to many question marks.

Also,I've been doing mock drafts and in the 2nd round are you still going RB or do you take a QB.I find myself taking Rodgers everytime,I just can't pass on him.lol Which brings me to another question....Rodgers or Brees??

TE Graham has been going in the second round so after him I really don't see reaching for anoy one else...Gronk,Whitten,Gonz so I've been waiting for like round 10 or later and still getting Cook who I think will have a decent year.Clevelands Cameron is available here also.

Seattles defense has been going in the 6th or 7th round which I find hard to do unless I really like my first 6 picks,but if not I really don't care who I get and have been taking a defense and kicker in the last 2 rounds.I feel I can drop and pick up defenses throughout the year depending on more favorable matchups.

RBs that I have been getting in round 6 or 7

Wilson Giants..... sometimes he goes sooner
    L.Miller Miami

RBs in the 8th or later

M.Ball Denver
    Richardson St.L
    Mendenhall Ariz
    D.Williams Carol
    Lacy G.B might start to go sooner with the other RB now out for the year
    Mathews S.D.

I have been picking up Bell from Pitt in the final rounds if satified with my roster as he will be back week 6 and even if he doesn't play until week 8 I feel he will be a stud for Pitt.Really like him and if you can save the spot for him he might be able to give you a late season burst to the playoffs.

WRs in rounds 8 or later

K.Thompkins N.E. smart people taking him and I think I will too
    S.Johnson Buff QB situation is really hurting him,but I feel he is to talented that if he is there in the 10th round you got to take him
    M.Wallace Miami he has been available in most mocks in the 7th or 8th round and I still seem to pass on him(maybe I'm bitter)lol
    A. Bolden S.F. Crabtree out and Davis not in tune with QB
    M.Floyd Ariz Late round sleeper
    T.Austin St.L late round sleeper
    B.Hartline Miami not even drafted in most leagues
    M.Austin Dallas I keep passing on him and don't know why...tell me i'm wrong!

QBs

Vick Phil been getting him in round 11 as a #2 with the upside of being a #1 in high powered offense
    Bradford St.L a 13 round pick and a solid #2

My so called sleeper picks:

QB Vick,Bradford
    RB Ball,Richardson,Lacy
    WR Thompkins,Floyd.....Johnson
    T.E. Cook,Cameron

Please feel free to chime in and give some thoughts and hope you have a winning season!
    2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
    5* 6-8
    15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
    10* GOY 1-0
    5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
    5* 18-12

I disagree with taking Martin with the #2. Look at his numbers last season, he piled up a lot in a few huge early season games. Second half of the season he was average at best. In my big money draft Tuesday night he went 12th in a 12 team league and I totally agree with that ranking. I had the 11th pick in the first round and passed on him to take Richardson and then came back with Reggie Bush on the turnaround. In a point per reception league like that one I would rank Bush as high as 6th on the board for RB's. He might catch 100 balls in the Lions offense from what I have seen. That is 5 recept. on avg per game and about 50 receiving yards. You start with 10 points a game before you even think about his rushing numbers. Granted he won't score many TD's on the ground, but likely 5 TD each rushing and receiving makes him very viable that high. I also think Randall Cobb's injury status has people scared away from taking him too early. He is fine, the Packers are just being cautious. I got him in the 3rd round of our draft, and our league is filled with Packers fans that want him. I imagine he falls even further in other leagues. I have him pegged as the 3rd highest scoring WR for 2013, getting him with the 35th pick like I did is an absolute steal. He WILL be the Packers #1 receiver, make no mistake about it. Look for him to get more TD's this year, James Jones simply isn't going to get 15 again. In my Draft Cam Newton was taken before Matt Ryan and Andrew Luck (who I took in the 4th round, we get 6 pts/TD pass in that league). No way should he go that early, he is nothing more than an average QB, a low end #1 fantasy starter. As for who to take #2, I like LeSean McCoy, but anybody after Adrian Peterson is a dropoff. The 2nd pick in a draft is probably the worst spot to have this year. I liked getting my pick near the end of the first round, I still got 2 RB's in the 1st 2 rounds that I had in my top 6 RB overall. I might be tempted to take Calvin Johnson with the #2 pick except then you have an awful long wait to get your 2nd pick and are going to get a garbage #1 RB. #2 pick in our draft took Brees (we do get 6 pts/pass TD) and he ended up getting Sproles with his second pick.
    "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

For the RB I kind of value Ray Rice as a top 5 back in ppr leagues.
      With question marks at receiver for Baltimore he may get more targets.
      Downside is he could lose touches to Pierce. But you can also say the same thing about a lot of the other backs.
      Most teams like the time share approach these days.

I took Vick in an auction league as a back up. But took him in our league from here as a starter.
      As always the concern with him is the injury issues. I think the new offense he is in fits his style better than any other QB on their roster.
      Again by taking him as a starter. It also made me go for a backup QB sooner than I would have with anybody else.
      I also think what you have around him on your team makes him an easier risk.
      The league I picked him as a starter I have AP and Lesean McCoy as my keepers.
      Was able to grab Matt Schaub as his backup. But doing that made me a little weaker at a bench spot or two.

In three drafts I have been in Welker has gone a few rounds later than he normally would.
      I still think he is decent receiver in PPR leagues. I get that he has better receivers around him...
      But it's not like Manning doesn't know how to feed more than one guy.
      I took Mike Wallace and feel a little buyers remorse in doing so.
      He strikes me as the guy one or two things can happen to...
      He has a monster year or is a monster bust !

One of my last picks was Julian Edelman. Seems like new receivers start slow with the Patriots.
      I look at him as Macs defense kicker approach. I only drafted one of each.
      So when the bye week comes up and he stinks. Then he is first on the drop list.
      If he sets the world on fire early. Then I would probably sell high on him before Gronk returns.

As far as defense I would never take one early.
      However in the auction league I was in last night I did pay high for Seattle.
      The rest of my roster was filled and I had more money left than any other team.
      So I nominated them and ended up outbidding others for them.
      Walked away with a few bucks left and felt it went well for my first auction draft.
      Pissed I waited this long to join a league like that. Way more action then sitting around waiting between picks.
      You have to budget money to fill out your roster. Know when to tap out when the price gets too high.
      The best part is nominating guys you don't even want and watching everybody else fight over them.
      Best move was Calvin Johnson. Being I'm from Michigan it was assumed I would be all in on him...
      So guys didn't mess around. Bidding went from 1.00 to 2.00 to 35.00 to 100.00 in 10 seconds...I walked away to drop urine

People may not like some of the guys I drafted in that league. But that strategy helped me buy low on a few guys.
      The number to the right is the price paid.

Trailer Park Boys
      QB Matthew Stafford 35
      QB Eli Manning 8
      RB Matt Forte 54
      RB Alfred Morris 57
      RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis 6
      WR Victor Cruz 43
      WR Wes Welker 40
      WR Mike Wallace 23
      TE Jason Witten 24
      FLEX Antonio Brown 14
      D/ST Seahawks D/ST 12
      K Phil Dawson 5
      BE Michael Vick 12
      BE Steve Smith 13
      BE Tavon Austin 11
      BE Joe Flacco 3
      BE DeAngelo Williams 11
      BE T.Y. Hilton 6
      BE Antonio Gates 8

Comment

Jumper nailed it with Reggie Bush. He is a solid pick in a ppr league.
        The guy will lose touches inside the 5 or 10. But will do big damage with more grass in front of him.
        The injury concerns didn't scare people in drafts I was in regarding Cobb.
        He went early in every draft I took part in. Again these are ppr leagues and I had him rated high myself.
        I had the same problem JJ talked about. Drafting late in the 1st round. So you have to make sure your stocked at RB before leaping for a receiver.

Comment

Just back from my draft and I'm thrilled

QB Ryan
          RB A.Peterson
          RB Forte
          WR D.Thomas
          WR R.White
          TE Cameron
          Def Seattle
          K Hartley
          Flex Bush
          Flex K.Thompkins
          BN Lacy
          BN D.Williams
          BN Vick
          BN Mendenhall
          BN Hartline

AWESOME!!!! In my opinion!
          2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
          5* 6-8
          15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
          10* GOY 1-0
          5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
          5* 18-12

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy33 View Post
            Just back from my draft and I'm thrilled

QB Ryan
            RB A.Peterson
            RB Forte
            WR D.Thomas
            WR R.White
            TE Cameron
            Def Seattle
            K Hartley
            Flex Bush
            Flex K.Thompkins
            BN Lacy
            BN D.Williams
            BN Vick
            BN Mendenhall
            BN Hartline

AWESOME!!!! In my opinion!

Anybody else besides you show up

That's a good looking team in my opinion.
            The bench is pretty damn solid. Nice job Mac

Comment

Yea, I was shocked when guys were falling into my lap.Almost better than being at a strip club....ALMOST!LOL

For a nice size cash league,I couldn't believe the QBs that were being taken in the 1st 2 rounds.And they only get 4 points for TDs.I was 2 picks away from getting MJD in the 6th round.I liked my team so much that I did take Seattles D in the 7th round.I don't have much depth at WR,but they will start every game except their bye weeks so I didn't feel I needed it.

I'm looking to clean up as we get paid for each weeks high score,Regular season Champ and Playoff Champ and runner up.Unless I have an injury bug these guys don't stand a chance!!

I get to put a hurting on my brother the 1st week!!
              2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
              5* 6-8
              15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
              10* GOY 1-0
              5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
              5* 18-12

Comment

Working...
              X