Sat in game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sat in game thread

I know this is asking a lot and don't expect much today,but thought I'd put it up.

Really don't even know how long I'm going to be around,maybe more this evening.

Was wondering what some of you were up to this summer!

I coached baseball and we didn't do very well until the tournaments when we knocked off the #1 team and another team before falling so it was an exciting way to end the season.
    Got to go watch my nephew race his Harley and he won and is currently the nations #1 rider in his division.Going to Rockingham N.C. in October for the final race and hopefully a championship!
    Went to D.C. to visit my sister-in-law like every summer and toured The National Geographic Museum. It was Great.Been going to D.C. for years and there is always something else to tour.
    Went to several amusement parks and also Fort Ligonier (love history)
    Going to Gettysburg in a couple of weeks.

My wife who as most of you know battled cancer last year and so far after all of her checkups she is currently cancer free.Thank the lord!

Me on the other hand have been having some health concerns and my wife wants me to go get some bloodwork done.Concerned about my heart.I haven't been to a doctor in over 10 years and just feel I'm run down a bit.I am very active!We will see how the next week goes.

Well that's alittle about me!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

For all you fantasy football fans out there,any tips!I just got invited to join a league with my brother and nephew and I would love to win their league,not that I wouldn't want to win any league I was in,but to win against family is even better!!!!!
    2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
    5* 6-8
    15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
    10* GOY 1-0
    5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
    5* 18-12

Great to hear about your bride doing well. Sorry that you are having health issues.
    sounds like you have been busy this summer. I took the time off to get my shoulder operated on.
    Of course once opened it was a train wreck and will need 6 months of therapy to get it back to 100%

Myself other than the shoulder and nerve damage from diabetes spreading to my hands...Everything else is fine.
    I'm all but off any meds for diabetes and currently weigh 166 pounds.
    First time in my life I heard a doctor say...You should put on a few pounds
    closing in on 2 years booze free. Shocked that has been the easy part of everything I did.

Hopefully when the regular season kicks off we can get the in games going.
    When I closed the site I felt bad for all you guys.
    Around July I told my sister I would open up the site again for shits and grins.
    I figure what the hell. Lets try and have fun with it this time around.
    Treat it like a hobby and not a business.
    I will say this. If it wasn't for guys like you Mac and TheMule, Captjoe and a few others.
    I could have walked away and never looked back.
    The one thing I know I will do going forward...
    Take the summer off !
    After doing this year around for something like 8 years. It was nice doing nothing.

Comment

Now on the fantasy football question.
      I think Vick will have good value in their new offense. I drafted him late in a draft I did earlier today.
      Damn near got Big Ben two rounds later to back him up. Ended up with Schaub instead.

Comment

I hear you.

I had almost made up my that I wasn't going to post this year and kind of relax. There will still be times that I may take time off as I am going to travel some more, but it's nice to be able to chat with some of the guys here that I've got to know over the years!
        2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
        5* 6-8
        15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
        10* GOY 1-0
        5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
        5* 18-12

Comment

Nice 1st quarter so far in the Wash game 17 points,keep on scoring!
          2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
          5* 6-8
          15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
          10* GOY 1-0
          5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
          5* 18-12

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy33 View Post
            I hear you.

I had almost made up my that I wasn't going to post this year and kind of relax. There will still be times that I may take time off as I am going to travel some more, but it's nice to be able to chat with some of the guys here that I've got to know over the years!
            I don't blame you. Travel and enjoy more things.
            Shit I dragged my ass out to a Tigers game and enjoyed the hell out of just being a fan.
            Not worrying if my cappers play would hit.
            That was the other thing that burnt me out. We needed JJ and SCS to help cover operating cost before.
            So I would stress out on their plays and mine. Then it got to the point I didn't even want to watch games anymore.
            Sad part is. They both did well in the NFL. But when you put a price on the picks people want them to be the their personal Fort Knox

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy33 View Post
              Nice 1st quarter so far in the Wash game 17 points,keep on scoring!
              LOL
              Been typing and forgot the game was even on.

Comment

Yea,people that don't post plays don't realize the strain it puts on the ones that do post to put out winners consistently.That was one thing I was looking forward to this year by not posting somewhere else..just sitting back making my plays and not worrying about who was going to follow me.I was only going to hurt myself if I lost and not someone else(other than some of my friends) who ask me for some advice here and there!
                2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
                5* 6-8
                15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
                10* GOY 1-0
                5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
                5* 18-12

Comment

Over 42.5Over/UnderWashington Redskins -vs- Buffalo BillsNFL 0.92 100.00 Running
                  GOT MY EYES ON U MAC

Comment

Crazy shit just happened here.
                    A bug got into one of the connectors for our central air unit. Thank God neighbor's father inlaw owns a heating and cooling company

Comment

A bug? Sure its not a bat??
                      Money won is twice as nice as money earned
                      Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

Originally posted by captjoe388 View Post
                        A bug? Sure its not a bat??
                        Funny thing is the guy called it before taking the panels off.
                        He was like it happens all the time in this city.
                        I was getting ready for the you need a new central air unit speech

Comment

Good thing it was a neighbor, not a guy out of the phone book, or you'da got milked.
                          Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

Originally posted by captjoe388 View Post
                            Good thing it was a neighbor, not a guy out of the phone book, or you'da got milked.
                            No kidding.
                            He has helped us out a few times with furnace / AC issues.
                            Best thing about buying this house was hitting the good neighbor lottery.
                            Get to talk sports all the time with Bill and his pop in law can fix anything.

Comment

Mac, great to hear your wife is doing good. Dont be a sissy, go get a complete physical. Most likely there's no problem, but at least you'll be sure, and put your wifes mind at ease. I felt the same as you about posting on other sites, but never felt comfortable any place but here. There is pressure when you post plays. I've had guys pm me when I go on a roll, and I just know that my play will probably lose. The only ones I feel good about are Eddie Mush's plays. (Hope he doesnt quit)
                              Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

Working...
                              X