X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Betting Info. 8/20

MLB

Hot pitchers
    -- de la Rosa is 2-0, 2.25 in his last two starts.
    -- Beachy is 2-0, 1.29 in four starts this season. Wheeler is 4-1, 3.45 in his last eight outings.
    -- Cingrani is 3-1, 2.40 in his last five starts. Corbin is 3-2, 2.45 in his last seven starts.
    -- Haren is 3-0, 1.33 in his last four starts, and got an extra inning save over the weekend. Rusin is 2-2, 2.45 in his last five starts.
    -- Lohse is 3-1, 2.13 in his last six starts.
    -- Ross is 3-1, 1.32 in his last five starts.

-- Toronto won last five Buehrle starts (4-0, 2.36). Nova is 4-2, 1.89 in his last seven starts.
    -- Porcello is 5-0, 2.62 in his last seven starts.
    -- Cobb is 3-0, 2.79 in his last seven starts.
    -- Cosart is 1-0, 1.38 in his first six MLB starts.
    -- Santana is 3-0, 3.08 in his last six starts.
    -- Wilson is 2-0, 2.31 in his last couple starts.
    -- Gray is 1-1, 2.57 in his first two MLB starts.

Cold pitchers
    -- Cloyd is 2-2, 3.67 in six starts, last of which was June 12.
    -- Capuano is 0-0, 9.64 in his last couple starts. Turner is 0-3, 4.32 in his last six starts.
    -- Lynn is 2-3, 4.46 in his last seven starts.
    -- Burnett is 0-1, 9.90 in his last couple starts.

-- Peavy is 1-1, 5.00 in his first three starts for Boston. Vogelsong is 0-0, 4.66 in two starts since coming off the DL.

-- Rogers is 0-3, 11.29 in his last four starts. Hughes is 0-3, 8.31 in his last three starts.
    -- Pelfrey is 0-4, 4.74 in his last seven starts.
    -- Gonzalez is 0-2, 6.33 in his last four starts.
    -- Danks is 0-5, 5.17 in his last eight starts.
    -- Blackley is making first '13 start; he is 8-8, 5.28 in 23 career starts; so far in 2013, he was 1-1, 4.89 in 42 games (35 IP) for his old team, the Astros.
    -- Salazar is 1-1, 4.24 in three starts this season.
    -- Saunders is 1-4, 10.36 in his last five starts.

Starting Pitchers/First Inning
    You can wager on whether teams will score in the first inning. Below is how often a starting pitcher has allowed 1+ runs in first inning in one of his starts........
    -- de la Rosa 4-25 (0 of last 7); Cloyd 2-6
    -- Capuano 2-15 (0 of last 6); Turner 4-14 (3 of last 3)
    -- Beachy 2-4; Wheeler 4-11 (0 of last 4)
    -- Corbin 5-24; Cingrani 4-15 (3 of last 5)
    -- Haren 4-22; Rusin 2-6
    -- Lynn 6-25; Lohse 7-25 (0 of last 7)
    -- Burnett 5-22 (0 of last 4); Ross 3-8

-- Peavy 2-16; Vogelsong 5-11

-- Rogers 5-14 (3 of last 4) Buehrle 6-25; Nova 4-12 Hughes 7-23
    -- Pelfrey 9-22 (3 of last 5); Porcello 5-22
    -- Cobb 3-14; Gonzalez 6-21 (1 of last 8)
    -- Cosart 2-6; Blackley 0-0
    -- Danks 6-16; Santana 10-25
    -- Salazar 1-3; Wilson 4-25 (1 of last 13)
    -- Saunders 7-25; Gray 1-2

Totals
    -- Seven of last eight Philly games stayed under total.
    -- 11 of last 14 Cincinnati road games stayed under the total; seven of last 11 Arizona games went over total.
    -- Five of last six games at Citi Field stayed under the total.
    -- Last four Miami games went over the total.
    -- Five of last seven Cub games stayed under the total.
    -- Four of last six St Louis games stayed under the total; three of Milwaukee's last four games went over.
    -- pitt-sd

-- Over is 4-1-1 in last six San Francisco games.

-- Six of last seven Toronto games stayed under total.
    -- Under is 10-3-1 in last fourteen Minnesota games.
    -- Six of last eight Baltimore games went over the total.
    -- Last four Houston games went over the total.
    -- Under is 6-2-2 in last ten Kansas City games.
    -- Under is 4-1-1 in last six Oakland games.
    -- 14 of last 18 Angel games went over the total.

Hot teams
    -- Reds won seven of their last nine games. Arizona won five of its last seven.
    -- Braves won four of their last five games.
    -- Dodgers are 42-10 in their last 52 games, but lost last two.
    -- Cardinals won six of their last eight games.

-- Bronx Bombers won six of their last eight games.
    -- Tampa Bay won five of its last six games.
    -- Detroit won four of its last six games.
    -- White Sox won their last three games, scoring 18 runs.
    -- Texas won 11 of their last 14 games. Astros won four of last seven.
    -- A's won four of their last five games.

Cold teams
    -- Phillies lost seven of their last ten games, but won last two; Colorado lost its last three games.
    -- Miami lost four of its last five home games.
    -- Mets are 3-5 in their last eight games.
    -- Milwaukee lost four of last six games, allowing 17 runs in last two.
    -- Cubs lost six of their last seven games. Washington lost three of its last four.
    -- Pittsburgh lost seven of its last nine games. Padres are 4-6 in last ten home games, but won last two.

-- Red Sox lost four of their last six games. Giants are 3-5 in last eight.

-- Blue Jays lost seven of their last eleven games.
    -- Orioles lost five of their last seven games.
    -- Minnesota lost six of its last seven games.
    -- Kansas City lost five of its last seven games.
    -- Mariners lost four of their last six games.
    -- Angels lost seven of their last nine games. Cleveland lost nine of last 14.

Umpires
    -- Col-Phil-- Five of last seven Nelson games went over total.
    -- LA-Mia-- Underdogs won four of last five Wolcott games.
    -- Az-Cin-- Favorites won five of last six Meals games.
    -- Wsh-Chi-- 11 of last 13 Miller games stayed under total.
    -- StL-Mil-- Home team won five of last six Foster games.
    -- Pitt-SD-- Over is 8-4 in last twelve Eddings games.

-- Bos-SF-- Four of last five Everitt games stayed under total.

-- TB-Balt-- 11 of last 13 Drake games stayed under the total.
    -- Hst-Tex-- 13 of last 14 Danley games stayed under the total.
    -- Cle-LA-- Underdogs won eight of last twelve Knight games.
    -- Sea-A's-- Under is 11-3-1 in last fifteen Schrieber games.

Tuesday's American League Betting Cheat Sheet
    By Covers.com

Toronto Blue Jays at New York Yankees (Game 1) (-200)

Cold pitching stat: Blue Jays right-hander Esmil Rogers hasn't won in his last 10 starts and has surrendered seven or more runs four times in that span.

Hot batting stat: Toronto RF Jose Bautista has belted 18 home runs in 207 at-bats against the Yankees over his career.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the mid-80s under sunny skies. Wind will blow from left to right field at 5 mph.

Key betting note: The Yankees are 9-2 in right-hander Ivan Nova's last 11 starts on five days' rest.

Toronto Blue Jays at New York Yankees (Game 2) (-192)

Hot pitching stat: Blue Jays left-hander Mark Buehrle has been the hottest pitcher on the staff, winning five straight decisions while surrendering just eight runs over that stretch.

Hot batting stat: Yankees 2B Robinson Cano is a .348 hitter with three home runs and 10 RBIs in just 23 at-bats against Buehrle.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the high-70s under sunny skies. Wind will blow out to left field at 6 mph.

Key betting note: Toronto has won its last four doubleheader finales.

Tampa Bay Rays at Baltimore Orioles (-115, 8.5)

Hot pitching stat: Rays right-hander Alex Cobb hasn't lost since April 30 in Kansas City, and has surrendered more than three earned runs in a start just once since then.

Cold batting stat: Orioles OF Nick Markakis hasn't homered since June 24, a span of 47 games and 200 at-bats.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the low-80s under sunny skies. Wind will blow out to left field at 5 mph.

Key betting note: The under is 19-6-1 in Baltimore's last 26 Tuesday games.

Minnesota Twins at Detroit Tigers (-208, 8.5)

Cold pitching stat: Twins right-hander Mike Pelfrey is winless over his last seven starts and is 1-3 with a 5.57 ERA in 21 career innings against the Tigers.

Cold batting stat: Minnesota 1B Justin Morneau has struck out 105 times in 503 career at-bats against Detroit, easily his highest whiff total against any major-league team.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the low-80s under sunny skies. Wind will blow in from right field at 8 mph.

Key betting note: The under is 7-1 in the last eight meetings in Detroit.

Houston Astros at Texas Rangers (-303, 8.5)

Hot pitching stat: Astros rookie right-hander Jared Cosart is off to a sizzling start to his major-league career, surrendering just six earned runs over his first 39 innings.

Cold batting stat: Houston is hitting just .248 against left-handed pitching in 2013.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the mid-90s under partly cloudy skies. Wind will blow in from center field at 6 mph.

Key betting note: The over is 6-1-1 in the last eight Tuesday games in Houston.

Chicago White Sox at Kansas City Royals (-170, 8)

Cold pitching stat: White Sox left-hander John Danks has gone winless over his last eight outings and is 0-6 with a 5.13 ERA in eight road starts.

Hot batting stat: Royals 1B Eric Hosmer is hitting .315 over his last 71 games after failing to crack .270 in either of the first two months of the season.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the mid-80s under sunny skies. Wind will blow out to left-center field at 6 mph.

Key betting note: Kansas City is 2-9 in its last 11 home games against a team with a road winning percentage lower than .400.

Seattle Mariners at Oakland Athletics (-192, 8)

Hot pitching stat: Athletics right-hander Sonny Gray had the best performance of his young career last time out, surrendering just four hits over eight scoreless innings in a win over Houston.

Cold batting stat: Oakland OF Yoenis Cespedes is just 1-for-7 in his career against Seattle left-hander Joe Saunders.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the low-60s under sunny skies. Wind will blow from left to right field at 6 mph.

Key betting note: The over is 4-1-2 in Saunders' last seven starts

Cleveland Indians at Los Angeles Angels (-145, 7.5)

Hot pitching stat: Angels left-hander C.J. Wilson has won his last five decisions, including a 5 1/3-inning stint earlier this month.in which he surrendered just two runs in a win over Cleveland.

Cold batting stat: Indians 2B Jason Kipnis has homered just twice in 109 at-bats since the All-Star break after going deep 13 times in the first half.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the low-70s under sunny skies. Wind will blow out to center field at 4 mph.

Key betting note: The Angels have won 12 of their last 15 games against American League Central opponents.

Comment

Tuesday's National League Betting Cheat Sheet
      By Covers.com

Colorado Rockies at Philadelphia Phillies (+100, 8.5)

Hot pitching stat: Rockies left-hander Jorge De La Rosa has won back-to-back starts, surrendering three runs over 12 innings in that span.

Cold batting stat: Phillies OF Domonic Brown is batting just .214 with zero RBIs in 28 at-bats against the Rockies this season.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the low-80s under sunny skies. Wind will blow out to right field at 5 mph.

Key betting note: The under is 10-1 in De La Rosa's last 11 starts as a favorite.

Atlanta Braves at New York Mets (+126, 7.5)

Hot pitching stat: Mets right-hander Zack Wheeler has allowed just two runs over his previous two starts, racking up 16 strikeouts while issuing one walk.

Cold batting stat: Braves C Evan Gattis, once considered a front-runner for the National League rookie of the year award, has just one home run since June 10.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the high-70s under sunny skies. Wind will blow out to center field at 7 mph.

Key betting note: New York has lost four of its last five home games after returning from a road trip of seven or more days.

Arizona Diamondbacks at Cincinnati Reds (-142, 7.5)

Hot pitching stat: Arizona right-hander Patrick Corbin silenced the Reds in their last encounter, limiting them to one run on three hits over eight innings.

Cold batting stat: Diamondbacks OF Jason Kubel has gone deep just five times in 233 at-bats after racking up 30 homers a season ago.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the high-70s under partly cloudy skies. Wind will blow in from center field at 3 mph.

Key betting note: The under is 44-17-4 in the last 65 meetings.

Los Angeles Dodgers at Miami Marlins (+132, 7.5)

Cold pitching stat: Dodgers left-hander Chris Capuano has been shelled over his last two starts, surrendering nine runs on 20 hits in 9 1/3 innings.

Cold batting stat: Los Angeles OF Yasiel Puig went 0-for-5 in Monday's series opener and hasn't hit a home run since Aug. 1.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the mid-80s but with a 60 percent chance of showers or thunderstorms, the roof at Marlins Park may be closed. Wind will blow from right to left field at 10 mph.

Key betting note: The over is 9-2-1 in Capuano's last 12 starts as a favorite.

Washington Nationals at Chicago Cubs (+121)

Hot pitching stat: Nationals right-hander Dan Haren has allowed just four runs over his last four starts and earned his first career save last time out, working a scoreless inning against Atlanta.

Hot batting stat: Cubs OF Nate Schierholtz, who entered the series with one career homer in 58 at-bats against Washington, went deep twice and finished with six RBIs in Monday's 11-1 victory.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the low-80s with partly cloudy skies. Wind will blow out to center field at 8 mph.

Key betting note: The under is 9-2 in the last 11 meetings in Chicago.

St. Louis Cardinals at Milwaukee Brewers (+123, 7.5)

Cold pitching stat: Cardinals right-hander Lance Lynn had one of his worst outings of the season against Milwaukee back in mid-May, allowing four runs on eight hits while lasting just five innings.

Hot batting stat: St. Louis C Yadier Molina equaled a season high with four hits in Monday's victory.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the low-80s with sunny skies. Wind will blow from right to left field at 7 mph.

Key betting note: The under is 13-1 in Milwaukee right-hander Kyle Lohse's last 14 starts against a team with a winning record.

Pittsburgh Pirates at San Diego Padres (+108, 6.5)

Cold pitching stat: Pirates right-hander A.J. Burnett has just one victory in his last eight starts and has surrendered 11 runs on 16 hits over his last 10 innings.

Cold batting stat: Pittsburgh C Russell Martin was given Monday off after striking out 10 times in his previous five games.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the high-60s under partly cloudy skies. Wind will blow in from left field at 6 mph.

Key betting note: The over is 4-0 in Burnett's last four road starts.

Interleague

Boston Red Sox at San Francisco Giants (+136, 7.5)

Cold pitching stat: Giants right-hander Ryan Vogelsong is 1-2 with a 6.68 ERA in six home starts in 2013.

Hot batting stat: San Francisco OF Jeff Francoeur is 11-for-32 lifetime against Red Sox right-hander Jake Peavy.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the high-50s under partly cloudy skies. Wind will blow out to center field at 7 mph.

Key betting note: Boston has won 10 of its last 11 Tuesday games.

Comment

Tuesday MLB Thoughts
        By Dave Essler

Rockies-Phillies: This is really the time when stuff doesn't matter much, and I'd have to give a slight edge to the Phillies w/a new manager, but wonder if it can negate what Cloyd is capable undoing. I do like De La Rosa, since he's only really had the one bad game against Atlanta. But, the threw two straight 100+ pitch games, which he hasn't done since May. So, I probably lean Phillies here, but no 3* for sure.

Dodgers-Miami: Writing this before the "Jose" game starts. If the Dodgers win against Fernandez, this line is likely to be more than -150 before first pitch. If that is the case, I may be inclined to look at the Miami RL. Capuano is certainly a feast or famine type pitcher, and there's enough evidence to support Miami scoring. Turner at home has been impressive, and if Miami had a bullpen I'd play the ML here, perhaps.

Atlanta-Mets: Tough break for the Mets having to stop in Minnesota while the Braves got to rest. Wheeler off of three straight 100+ pitch games, and Beachy making his first road start. I have a lean to the over in this one, figuring Beachy's been hit by Atlanta before, and Wheeler could get hit hard. This is yet another home team that I could consider the RL, actually.

Arizona-Cincinnati: Corbins' been hit around a bit lately and has also thrown a ton of pitches, however he's handled the Reds in couple of starts fairly well. Cingrani continues to give the Reds one quality start after another, and with the Reds bullpen as good as it gets (most of the time) I'd have to look for the Reds to win a low scoring game here.

Nationals-Cubs: A month ago we'd have been all over the Cubs as a fade or Haren, but in the last month Haren has been in beast-mode. Most of Rusins' good games have come against weaker competition, but still waiting for Haren to implode and knowing what he's capable of (the implosion) I'd still have to lean Cubs, if for no other reason than as a fade of the Nationals against a LHP.

Cardinals-Brewers: At first glance I'd say there's one pitcher that might give the Cardinals some trouble, and that's Lohse against his former team. Problem is that his former team has simply owned him. And of course Lynn can be brilliant or get crushed, and typically he's pitched well against the Brewers. I simply don't trust the fact that this game is that easy, and if that total is going to stay down under 8 then I might think Milwaukee has a fighting chance, if for no other reason than they've probably got a better bullpen.

Pirates-Padres: AJ probably still living a little large of the love he's received in the last year or so, and we know what happened in his last two road starts--he was torched. I still go back to the game a month or so ago when Ross burned me, and I watched first hand my money do down the drain and how dominant he COULD be. So, for that reason (as in Shark Tank) I could only take the Padres, again.

Rays-Orioles: I looked at this game earlier on behalf on someone else. Cobb pitched "decent" in his return from getting beaned, so does that give him confidence going forward? I think so, and Gonzalez might be little over valued here. Let's not forget how badly the Astros made him look at home no long ago. If the Rays bullpen would get their shit together (they have been better lately) then I really like Tampa Bay here, but I like a low scoring game more, I think. Haven't looked at the weather.

White Sox-Royals: I will never lay -175 with Ervin Santana. It's just that simple. He's far too much of a flyball pitcher and going against a team that lives and dies by the bomb. Danks' season long WHIP of 1.18 or thereabouts is just sneaky enough to get the job done, and there's no reason in the world for me not to take the White Sox RL, probably.

Seattle-Oakland: No chance of taking Saunders under any condition, which means I should probably think about it, The guys' gone fro being -130 at home to the Brewers (and getting crushed) to +185 at Tampa Bay and now about the same in Oakland. I guess my only issue here is how good is Sonny Gray. He did shut down the Astros, but it took him 118 pitches to do it, and Seattle is obviously a better bet against RHP's, so, by process of elimination, I could do over 8 before it goes to 8.5, and I think it will.

Boston-Giants: Again, I hate betting on the Red Sox without a DH unless they put Ortiz at first. Peavy has never been a big strike out guy and does give up a lot of long outs, but in this park he might be able to get away with it. Vogelsong hasn't been the same since his run last summer, so for that reason I'd have to, by process of elimination, take Boston, now that they've had a day of PST.

Comment

National League

Colorado at Philadelphia, 7:05 ET
          De La Rosa: Over is 4-1 in De La Rosa's last five road starts
          Cloyd: Phillies 2-4 SU in last six home games versus a southpaw

Los Angeles Dodgers at Miami, 7:10 ET
          Capuano: Under is 5-2 in Capuano 2013 road starts
          Turner: Marlins 1-5 in last six starts by Turner

Atlanta at New York Mets, 7:10 ET
          Beachy: Braves 6-1 SU in last seven road series openers
          Wheeler: Mets 3-8 SU last 11 in home series opener versus a righthander

Arizona at Cincinnati, 7:10 ET MLB
          Corbin: Diamondbacks 8-2 SU in Corbin's 2013 road starts
          Cingrani: Under is 6-1 last seven times Reds have faced a southpaw

Washington at Chicago Cubs, 8:05 ET
          Haren: Under is 4-1-1 in Haren's last six road starts
          Rusin: Cubs 2-6 SU in last seven home night games

St. Louis at Milwaukee, 8:10 ET
          Lynn: Cardinals 1-4 SU in Lynn's last five road starts
          Lohse: Under is 9-1 when Lohse starts a home night game for Brewers

Pittsburgh at San Diego, 10:10 ET
          Burnett: Pirates 2-9 SU in 2013 road starts for Burnett
          Ross: Over is 11-6-2 in second game of a Padres home series in 2013

American League

Toronto at New York Yankees, 1:05 ET
          Rogers: Over is 5-2 last seven Blue Jays road games coming off a loss
          Nova: Yankees 2-5 SU last seven times Nova has started a home day game

Toronto at New York Yankees, 7:05 ET
          Buehrle: Under is 7-2 in last nine starts for Buehrle
          Hughes: Yankees have lost last six times Hughes has started a home night game

Minnesota at Detroit, 7:08 ET
          Pelfrey: Twins 2-8 SU when Pelfrey starts on road
          Porcello: Tigers 18-2 SU in first game of a home series in 2013

Tampa Bay at Baltimore, 7:05 ET MLB
          Cobb: Rays 4-11 SU as a road dog playing at night in 2013
          Gonzalez: Orioles 12-3 SU when Gonzalez starts at home

Houston at Texas, 8:05 ET
          Cosart: All four of Cosart's career starts have been Unders
          Blackley: Rangers are 14-5 since 2008 when facing Astros at home

Chicago White Sox at Kansas City, 8:10 ET
          Danks: White Sox 1-7 SU when Danks starts on road in 2013
          Santana: Under is 10-3 in Santana's home starts for Royals

Cleveland at Los Angeles Angels, 10:05 ET
          McAllister: Under is 13-4-1 in career road starts for McAllister
          Wilson: Under is 8-3 in Wilson's 2013 home starts

Seattle at Oakland, 10:05 ET
          Saunders: Under is 5-2-1 when Saunders starts after Mariners lost in his previous outing
          Gray: Athletics are 2-5 SU last seven times the second game of a home series was played under the lights

Interleague

Boston at San Francisco, 10:15 ET
          Peavy: Red Sox have lost each of the previous two road starts by Peavy
          Vogelsong: Over is 9-1-2 in Vogelsong's last 12 home starts

Comment

1:05 PM
            TORONTO vs. NY YANKEES
            The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Toronto's last 7 games
            The total has gone OVER in 7 of Toronto's last 10 games on the road
            The total has gone OVER in 5 of NY Yankees's last 6 games
            The total has gone OVER in 5 of NY Yankees's last 6 games at home

7:05 PM
            TAMPA BAY vs. BALTIMORE
            Tampa Bay is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games on the road
            The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Tampa Bay's last 5 games when playing Baltimore
            Baltimore is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Tampa Bay
            Baltimore is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games at home

COLORADO vs. PHILADELPHIA
            Colorado is 1-8 SU in its last 9 games on the road
            Colorado is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Philadelphia
            Philadelphia is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing at home against Colorado
            Philadelphia is 4-8 SU in its last 12 games at home

TORONTO vs. NY YANKEES
            Toronto is 1-3-1 SU in its last 5 games ,on the road
            Toronto is 0-4-1 SU in their last 5 games ,when playing NY Yankees
            NY Yankees9-0-1 SU in their last 10 games when playing at home against Toronto
            NY Yankees6-2-1 SU in their last 9 games

7:08 PM
            MINNESOTA vs. DETROIT
            The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Minnesota's last 6 games on the road
            The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Minnesota's last 6 games when playing Detroit
            The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Detroit's last 6 games when playing Minnesota
            Detroit is 17-6 SU in its last 23 games

7:10 PM
            ARIZONA vs. CINCINNATI
            Arizona is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
            Arizona is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Cincinnati
            Cincinnati is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games at home
            Cincinnati is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Arizona

ATLANTA vs. NY METS
            The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Atlanta's last 6 games when playing on the road against NY Mets
            Atlanta is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games on the road
            The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Mets's last 6 games at home
            NY Mets are 5-2 SU in its last 7 games at home

LA DODGERS vs. MIAMI
            LA Dodgers are 10-2 SU in their last 12 games
            LA Dodgers are 19-3 SU in their last 22 games on the road
            Miami is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
            Miami is 5-10 SU in its last 15 games

8:05 PM
            HOUSTON vs. TEXAS
            The total has gone OVER in 7 of Houston's last 10 games when playing Texas
            Houston is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing Texas
            The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Texas's last 12 games at home
            Texas is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games at home

8:05 PM
            WASHINGTON vs. CHI CUBS
            Washington is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
            Washington is 2-4 SU in their last 6 games when playing on the road against Chi Cubs
            The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Chi Cubs's last 11 games when playing at home against Washington
            The total has gone OVER in 6 of Chi Cubs's last 7 games when playing Washington

8:10 PM
            ST. LOUIS vs. MILWAUKEE
            The total has gone OVER in 6 of St. Louis's last 9 games on the road
            St. Louis is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games when playing Milwaukee
            The total has gone OVER in 4 of Milwaukee's last 6 games at home
            Milwaukee is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games at home

8:10 PM
            CHI WHITE SOX vs. KANSAS CITY
            The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Chi White Sox's last 7 games on the road
            The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Chi White Sox's last 10 games when playing on the road against Kansas City
            Kansas City is 9-4 SU in its last 13 games at home
            Kansas City is 17-8 SU in its last 25 games

10:05 PM
            SEATTLE vs. OAKLAND
            The total has gone OVER in 4 of Seattle's last 5 games when playing Oakland
            Seattle is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games on the road
            Oakland is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
            The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Oakland's last 6 games at home

10:05 PM
            CLEVELAND vs. LA ANGELS
            The total has gone OVER in 7 of Cleveland's last 9 games when playing LA Angels
            The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Cleveland's last 16 games on the road
            LA Angels are 6-3 SU in their last 9 games when playing at home against Cleveland
            LA Angels are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games when playing Cleveland

10:10 PM
            PITTSBURGH vs. SAN DIEGO
            The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Pittsburgh's last 6 games when playing San Diego
            The total has gone OVER in 8 of Pittsburgh's last 12 games when playing San Diego
            The total has gone OVER in 8 of San Diego's last 12 games when playing Pittsburgh
            San Diego is 18-4 SU in its last 22 games when playing Pittsburgh

10:15 PM
            BOSTON vs. SAN FRANCISCO
            The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Boston's last 6 games on the road
            Boston is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
            The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Francisco's last 6 games
            San Francisco is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games when playing Boston

Comment

Tuesday's Top Action
              By Kevin Rogers
              VegasInsider.com

Rays at Orioles

Probables: A. Cobb (7-2, 2.94 ERA) vs. M. Gonzalez (8-5, 3.84 ERA)

Series recap: Tampa Bay held off Baltimore, 4-3 in the series opener to cash as $1.30 road favorites. The Rays have now beaten the Orioles in six of the last seven meetings, including four straight victories at Camden Yards.

Current trends: Since losing six straight games, the Rays have rebounded nicely by grabbing wins in five of the last six contests. Tampa Bay improved to 11-3 the last 14 games against division opponents, including a 9-2 mark on the road. The Orioles have lost five of their past seven games, while the 'over' is 6-2 in the last eight contests.

Diamondbacks at Reds

Probables: P. Corbin (12-3, 2.48 ERA) vs. T. Cingrani (6-2, 2.78 ERA)

Series recap: Cincinnati picked up a 5-3 victory over Arizona, snapping the D-Backs' two-game winning streak. The Reds won their seventh game in their last nine tries, while splitting four meetings this season with Arizona.

Current trends: In spite of last night's loss, the D-Backs own an 8-4 record the last 12 games, while cashing the 'over' in seven of the past 11 contests. The Reds have won six of their last nine games at the Great American Ballpark, while holding opponents to three runs or less in nine of their past 11 games.

White Sox at Royals

Probables: J. Danks (2-10, 4.54 ERA) vs. E. Santana (8-6, 3.19 ERA)

Previous series recap: Chicago took three of four games at Minnesota, while scoring 18 runs in the three victories. Kansas City dropped three of five games at Detroit, failing to pick up any ground on the Tigers in the AL Central race. The Royals begin tonight's action seven games behind Detroit, as Kansas City has only six games left with the division leader.

Current trends: The Royals have stumbled recently with losses in five of their last seven games, but Kansas City is 4-1 in its last five home series openers. Chicago is playing with revenge after getting swept at home by Kansas City last month, as all three games finished 'under' the total.

Cardinals at Brewers

Probables: L. Lynn (13-6, 3.89 ERA) vs. K. Lohse (8-8, 3.17 ERA)

Series recap: St. Louis and Milwaukee went back-and-forth last night, but the Cardinals picked up an 8-5 victory as $1.45 road favorites. The 'over' has hit between the Cards and Brewers in five of the last six meetings, including each of the last three at Miller Park.

Current trends: The Cardinals are red-hot on the road recently by winning six of the last eight games away from Busch Stadium (all against division opponents). The Brewers have won seven of their last 10 Game 2's of a home series dating back to late May, including underdog triumphs over the Reds, Dodgers, A's, and Braves.

Indians at Angels

Probables: D. Salazar (1-1, 4.08 ERA) vs. C.J. Wilson (13-6, 3.40 ERA)

Series recap: Cleveland drew first blood by getting to Jered Weaver early in a 5-2 road underdog victory. The Indians and Angels have split their first four meetings this season, while Los Angeles is riding a 2-7 slump at the moment.

Current trends: Since beating Oakland twice after the All-Star break, Los Angeles has won just nine of their last 29 games. The Angels fell short of an 'over' in last night's loss, but L.A. has cashed the 'over' in eight of the previous 10 contests. The Indians have split their last eight games following a six-game losing streak, while winning each of their past Game 2's of a road series.

Pirates at Padres

Probables: A.J. Burnett (5-8, 3.18 ERA) vs. T. Ross (3-5, 2.62 ERA)

Series recap: Pittsburgh overcame a 16-inning loss on Sunday as the Pirates traveled cross-country and knocked off the Padres on Monday, 3-1. The loss snapped a four-game skid for the Bucs in the role of a road favorite, while San Diego's modest two-game winning streak came to a close.

Current trends: The Pirates have lost each of Burnett's last five starts on the road, while six of his last seven away outings have gone 'over' the total. San Diego has dropped five of its past seven games at Petco Park, while the Padres own a 1-4 record the previous five contests against NL Central opponents.

Red Sox at Giants

Probables: J. Peavy (9-5, 4.41 ERA) vs. R. Vogelsong (2-4, 6.75 ERA)

Series recap: Boston started its West Coast trip in style by shutting out San Francisco, 7-0 as short road favorites. That victory by the Red Sox was just the second in the last six series openers, while San Francisco has dropped two straight following a three-game winning streak.

Current trends: The Giants own a 3-5 record against American League opponents at home this season, while scoring two runs or less in five of the last six home interleague contests. The Red Sox are 0-4 in their last four games off a victory, while splitting their past six contests in the role of a road favorite.

Comment

Working...
              X