X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Betting Info. 8/14

MLB

Hot pitchers
    -- Arroyo is 2-1, 1.69 in his last three road starts. Rusin is 1-1, 2.00 in his last three starts overall.
    -- de la Rosa is 2-1, 1.17 in his last four home starts. Cashner is 3-1, 4.88 in his last four starts overall.
    -- Lincecum is 1-1, 1.23 in his last three starts.
    -- Beachy is 1-0, 2.51 in his last two starts.
    -- Gee is 2-1, 1.78 in his last five starts. Capuano is 1-0, 3.12 in his last three home starts.

-- Santana is 3-0, 3.38 in his last five starts.
    -- Thornburg allowed one run in 12 IP in his first two '13 starts. Garza is 2-1, 3.68 in four starts for the Rangers.
    -- Orioles won last five Tillman starts (4-0, 3.15). Corbin is 3-2, 2.21 in his last six starts.

-- Weaver is 4-0, 1.49 in his last five starts. Nova is 3-2, 1.60 in his last six.
    -- Price is 2-0, 1.11 in his last four starts.
    -- Porcello is 4-0, 2.33 in his last six starts.
    -- Cosart is 1-0, 1.64 in five starts this season.

Cold pitchers
    -- Zimmerman is 1-3, 5.76 in his last five starts.
    -- Lannan is 1-2, 8.41 in his last four starts.
    -- Liriano allowed ten runs in 2.1 IP in last start at Denver, after going 3-0 in his previous three starts, with a 0.42 RA. Miller is 1-1, 5.06 in his last three.

-- Turner is 0-3, 4.45 in his last five starts.

-- Rogers is 0-3, 16.05 in his last three starts. Lester is 1-3, 3.91 in his last four road starts.
    -- Harang is 0-2, 11.25 in his last three starts.
    -- Danks is 0-4, 4.86 in his last seven starts.
    -- Gibson is 0-1, 7.90 in his last three starts. Carrasco is 0-4, 9.42 in six starts, last of which was July 6.
    -- Parker has a 5.82 RA in his last three starts.

Starting Pitchers/First Inning
    You can wager on whether teams will score in the first inning. Below is how often a starting pitcher has allowed 1+ runs in first inning in one of his starts........
    -- Arroyo 4-23; Rusin 1-5
    -- Cashner 7-19; de la Rosa 4-24 (0 of last 6)
    -- Lincecum 9-23 (1 of last 6); Zimmerman 4-23
    -- Lannan 4-13 (1 of last 8); Beachy 2-3
    -- Liriano 4-17; Miller 5-21
    -- Gee 4-23 (0 of last 8); Capuano 2-14 (0 of last 5)

-- Turner 3-13; Santana 10-24
    -- Tillman 4-23 (1 of last 12); Corbin 5-23
    -- Thornburg 0-2; Garza 1-16

-- Carrasco 2-6; Gibson 2-8
    -- Porcello 4-21 (1 of last 10); Danks 6-15
    -- Weaver 3-16 (0 of last 5); Nova 4-11
    -- Lester 8-24; Rogers 5-13 (3 of last 3)
    -- Harang 8-19 (4 of last 7); Price 5-17 (0 of last 4)
    -- Cosart 2-5; Parker 8-23

Totals
    -- Under is 8-2-1 in San Francisco's last eleven games.
    -- Eight of last ten Atlanta games stayed under the total.
    -- Seven of last eight Cincinnati road games stayed under the total.
    -- Over is 3-1-1 in last five Pittsburgh games.
    -- Four of last five Colorado games went over the total.
    -- Under is 13-4-1 in last eighteen Dodger games.

-- Last three Texas games stayed under the total.
    -- Under is 10-3-1 in last fourteen Miami games.
    -- Four of last six Arizona games went over the total.

-- Nine of last twelve Angel games went over the total.
    -- Over is 8-3-1 in last twelve Toronto games.
    -- Five of last six Seattle games went over the total.
    -- Five of last seven Detroit games went over the total.
    -- Under is 6-1-1 in last eight Minnesota games.
    -- Five of last seven Houston games went over the total.

Hot teams
    -- Washington won its last four games, scoring 27 runs.
    -- Braves won 16 of their last 18 games.
    -- Cincinnati won six of its last seven games.
    -- Colorado won six of its last eight home games.
    -- Dodgers are 39-8 in their last 47 games.

-- Rangers won 13 of their last 15 games. Milwaukee won five of last seven.
    -- Kansas City won 17 of its last 21 games.
    -- Diamondbacks won five of their last seven games.

-- Bronx Bombers won four of their last five games.
    -- Mariners won last three road games, scoring 16 runs.
    -- Minnesota won eight of its last twelve games.

Cold teams
    -- Giants lost seven of their last ten games.
    -- Phillies lost 18 of their last 22 games.
    -- Cubs lost ten of their last eleven home games.
    -- Pirates lost their last four games, scoring ten runs. St Louis lost four of its last six games.
    -- Padres lost six of their last nine games.
    -- Mets lost eight of their last twelve road games.

-- Marlins lost eight of their last ten games, scoring 20 runs.
    -- Orioles lost three of their last four games.

-- Toronto lost five of its last six games. Red Sox lost three of last five.
    -- Angels lost 13 of their last 18 games.
    -- Rays lost last six games, outscored 40-22.
    -- White Sox lost 13 of their last 19 games. Detroit lost four of last five.
    -- Indians lost seven of their last nine games.
    -- Oakland is 3-5 in last eight games. Astros lost 24 of their last 30 games.

Umpires
    -- Cin-Chi-- Six of last nine Culbreth games went over the total.
    -- SD-Col-- Last three Bucknor games stayed under the total.
    -- SF-Wsh-- Last eight Estabrook games stayed under the total.
    -- Phil-Atl-- Nine of last eleven Darling games stayed under total.
    -- Pitt-StL-- Last four Wendelstedt games went over the total.
    -- NY-LA-- Last five Cooper games stayed under the total.

-- Mia-KC-- Nine of last twelve LBarrett games stayed under.
    -- Blt-Az-- Under is 7-2-2 in last eleven Barry games.
    -- Mil-Tex-- Six of last nine Davidson games stayed under.

-- Cle-Min-- Five of last seven Fletcher games stayed under.
    -- Det-Chi-- Favorites won five of last seven Reyburn games.
    -- LA-NY-- Six of last eight Vanover games stayed under total.
    -- Bos-Tor-- Under is 7-1-1 in last nine Cuzzi games.
    -- Sea-TB-- Over is 3-1-1 in last five Bell games.
    -- Hst-A's-- 11 of last 13 Hernandez games went over total.

MLB Wednesday Thoughts
    By Dave Essler

Reds-Cubs: Rusin's only home start was against the at-the-time red hot Dodgers, and he gave up a few. I love the fac that he doesn't walk many, but I hate the fact that he's not a groundball pitcher and we're in a bandbox. Arroyo, aka Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, has been good against bad teams lately and bad against good teams lately. Yes, the Cubs are a bad team. The Reds used to own LHP, but not so much this season, and in 38 games against lefties only 14 have gone over. I suppose the trend would be under, again, and if that's the case and the Cubs are big enough dogs, the Cubs ML might be viable here. The Reds have been winning, but against bad teams.

San Diego-Colorado: Really wanted to take Stults on Tuesday, and still might, but I just have these visions of how really poorly the Padres played in the field in that 14-2 loss. It was terrible. But, in day game with perhaps starters resting, and the Padres against a lefty, there's an immediate need to back Cashner here. De La Rosa beat the Padres in San Diego about a month ago, so perhaps they get him back. My only concern, again, is no Quentin and no Maybin, so probably under here, too.

San Francisco-Washington: After Timmy's one-hitter against the Brewers, the tendency is for people to want to back him again, also given that Zimmerman has had his mis-steps. But, Lincecum on the road has been a different animal, and the Giants pen on the road is also a different animal. Since the break Zimmerman has been terrible, except the one game against the same Brewers that made Timmy look good. With that in mind I lean over here and don't expect a pitchers' duel. But, there's supposed to be a reasonable cross-wind. We'll see.

Phillies-Atlanta: It's just real tough to even think about backing Lannan right now after he was crushed by Washington, and the game before only lasted four innings against these Braves. However, that could motivate him to at least keep the Phillies in the game. The Phillies hit Beachy pretty hard in his second start back last week as well, and I just can't put too much stock in that shutout of the Fish. Slight lean to the over here, and perhaps the Phillies RL if they don't trash their bullpen on Tuesday, and especially if somehow Atlanta does.

Pittsburgh-St. Louis: Welp, because Liriano got shelled by the Rockies, he may be pretty affordable here against a Cardinals team that is now 12-18 against left handed starters. Miller is certainly not someone I'd want to unload on after he had to leave the last game in the first inning. Cardinals pen cannot be trusted, but the Pirates w/o Grilli are simply struggling back there, too. Liriano beat the Cardinal badly about a month ago, and what surprised me is that that was the first time most Cardinals had seen him. With that in mind, I lean over here, and probably, well, I dunno. The Pirates.

Mets-Dodgers: We do typically like to back the Mets against LHP more so than not, and Gee has had two good starts against two decent teams, albeit at home. On the road, he has been simply terrible. Then again, any Dodgers that HAVE seen him are out. Capuano either gives up five runs or no runs, but what really concerns me is that he doesn't ever seem to pitch late into the game. Since both bullpens have been excellent and this IS a big park, it's probably a low scoring game, which would also give some value to the Mets RL.

Cleveland-Minnesota: I will be glad when this series is over, simply because these have been two of the toughest teams for me to read this season. Carrasco's second stint in the Bigs this year started well, as he one-hit the Angels, but I want to attribute that to the fact that the Angels weren't hitting anything then more than him being better. Gibson threw a ton of pitches in only five innings last time out, but the Twins do have the better bullpen. This could be a higher scoring game, but then again get-away games tend not to be, so by default I lean to the Twins, because we like the Indians better against lefties.

Tigers-White Sox: IMO Porcello is the most likely Tigers pitcher to get shelled at any given time, and he shutout Chicago last time he faced them, and beat them the game before that. However, most all of his starts lately have come against light hitting teams. Not that the White Sox are a heavy hitting team, but the CAN hit at TIMES, just like Danks CAN pitch at times. His season-long WHIP of 1.17 can't be ignored here, IMO, but, the Tigers collectively have hit him more than hard enough for me to not be able to take the White Sox here. Day game w/people probably resting, but because the Tigers still need all the wins they can get, I'd have to take them.

Angels-Yankees: I suppose the tendency here would be to take the under and the Yankees, especially after Nova's three straight freak-show starts, one against the Tigers. Weaver had his moments in the sun about a month ago, so at only -115, if the Yankees get their pen straightened out on Tuesday, that may be a cheap price on the home team.

Boston-Toronto: Well, without even looking I do know that Toronto has simply been miserable against lefties this season, and we know about Johnson. However, he has had an extra couple of days rest, and if I were the Blue Jays those rest days would have been spent with a shrink, not simulated games. Lester has been much better away from Fenway and has almost always owned Toronto. Since both Victorino and Drew tore up Johnson when he was in the NL with the Fish, I really can't make a case for the home dog here, unless something remarkable happens in the next 26 hours.

Seattle-Tampa Bay: Some might gladly lay the -270 here and I do think it's that high for a reason. For one, the Mariners suck against lefties, and two, even though we like Tampa Bay better against lefties, this is Aaron Harang who has regressed well beyond the mean, not to mention he sucks on the road. I can see some scenarios where this game goes over, but in most of them the Rays get most of the runs. If Price is even close to sharp, there's no reason they shouldn't win. Might use them in a parlay, but even at that price the books are making it not really all that worthwhile.

Houston-Oakland: I actually like Cosart quite a bit, but, he already pitched against the A's which is a downside here. However, as a groundball pitcher, and now in a huge park, I simply can't see him getting lit up. Parker might be showing some signs of late-season fatigue, and after all he is only 24. If there's nothing out of the ordinary in Tueday's Colon -300 game, I can make a clear case for the Houston RL and the under.

Miami-Kansas City: This one should scare the Royals a bit. Santana a flyball pitcher in a day game where the ball carries better against a free-swinging team that has SOME power. Boston just lit him up so perhaps this is the start of what I thought might happen to Ervin in the summer in Kauffman. It looks from the numbers that the 22 year old Turner might also starting to wear down a bit, and I'd love to find a way to take Miami here. Their pen is an obvious issue, adn KC does fare much better against RHP's, but, the value clearly does not lie with the Royals at -200. Fish RL in a day game, which tend to be lower scoring, perhaps.

Baltimore-Arizona: Tillmans' got a season-long WHIP of 1.29, which is below his career numbers, and he's also thrown six straight 100+ pitch games, most of them actually 110+ pitches. Tough for me to get behind that with the blown lead on Monday night, Tuesday pending. Since the Orioles are under .50 against left handed starters, and Corbin has only really been torched once (although he's yet another youngster that's pitched a lot) there is little doubt that at -130 at home that's probably the only play I could make.

Milwaukee-Texas: Well, I am not laying -200 or more, so that's off the table for me and most of my clients know that. However, case in point is that the Brewers know all about Garza from those years as a division rival with the Cubs. Simply with that knowledge alone, regardless of what Thornburg is or isn't, I could only take Milwaukee here, at least the RL. I might even make the case the Brewers can win this game, because the only team that's hit Thornburg was the Padres, and that was when they'd just seen him the week before.

Comment

Hot 'Under' Pitchers On The Mound Wednesday
      By Covers.com

Looking play some totals? Wednesday's Major League Baseball action features a trio of pitchers that have trended toward scorelines finishing under the total.

Here is a look at three pitchers to consider if you're looking to play totals.

Jered Weaver, Los Angeles Angels (7-5, 2.87 ERA)

The 'under' is 9-1 in Weaver's previous 10 trips to the mound and 13-3 on the season overall. The righty had a stellar July as he posted an ERA of 1.32 and his August isn't so bad either. He's 2-0 with a 3.07 ERA for the month.

The Angels continue a four-game series with the Yankees Wednesday.

Tim Lincecum, San Francisco Giants (6-11, 4.18)

It hasn't been the best season for the former two-time Cy Young award winner, but he's put in performances that harken back to better days recently. Over his last three starts, in which the 'under' is 3-0, the righty has an ERA of 1.23. Perhaps he's turning his season around.

The Giants are in Washington to face the Nationals Wednesday.

Dillon Gee New York Mets (8-8, 3.82 ERA)

The Mets righty has been putting in some fine performances if you haven't noticed. The under is 5-0 in his previous five start and Gee owns an ERA of 1.53 over that stretch. Over those five games, Gee has allowed zero earned runs twice and one earned run twice.

The Mets finish up their series with the Los Angeles Dodgers Wednesday.

Comment

National League

Cincinnati at Chicago Cubs, 2:20 ET
        Arroyo: Reds 6-2 SU last eight times Arroyo has started a road series finale during the day
        Rusin: Under is 11-3 last 14 times the Cubs play the first of two consecutive road games

San Diego at Colorado, 3:10 ET MLB
        Cashner: Over is 7-1 in last eight Cashner road starts
        De La Rosa: Rockies 19-3 SU in De La Rosa's last 22 home starts

San Francisco at Washington, 7:05 ET
        Lincecum: Giants 7-17 SU over past two years when Lincecum starts a night game on trhe road
        Zimmermann: Nationals 14-1 SU in Zimmermann's last 15 home starts at night

Philadelphia at Atlanta, 7:10 ET
        Lannan: Phillies 3-8 SU in last 11 road series finales
        Beachy: Under is 6-3 last nine home games in which Braves have faced a southpaw

Pittsburgh at St. Louis, 8:15 ET ESPN
        Liriano: Pirates 7-1 SU in 2013 road games in which team lost in starter's last outing
        Miller: Under is 6-2 last eight home games in which Cardinals have faced a southpaw

New York Mets at Los Angeles Dodgers, 10:10 ET
        Gee: Mets 4-1 SU in road games when facing a southpaw for the second consecutive game
        Capuano: Under is 5-1 in last six Dodgers' home series finales

American League

Cleveland at Minnesota, 1:10 ET
        Carrasco: Under is 10-3-1 in last 14 when Indians play a road series getaway day game in middle of a road trip
        Gibson: Twins 1-12 SU in last 13 in home series getaway game in the middle of a homestand

Detroit at Chicago White Sox, 2:10 ET
        Porcello: Tigers 0-6 SU in Porcello's last six road starts during the day.
        Danks: Under is 20-7-2 when Danks pitches at home during the day

Los Angeles Angels at New York Yankees, 7:05 ET
        Weaver: Angels 2-6 SU when Weaver starts on the road after the team won in his last outing
        Nova: Under is 6-2-1 in Nova's last nine home starts

Boston at Toronto, 7:07 ET
        Lester: Over is 10-5 when Lester makes a start in Toronto
        Johnson: Over is 12-2 in last 14 Blue Jay home games versus a southpaw

Seattle at Tampa Bay, 7:10 ET
        Harang: Under is 10-4-1 in last 15 road games in which Mariners have faced a southpaw
        Price: Under is 15-1-1 when Price pitches as a home favorite of more than -200

Houston at Oakland, 10:05 ET
        Cosart: Over is 4-1 last five times Astros have played a road night game that precedes a day game
        Parker: Athletics 7-2 SU in Parker's last nine home starts

Interleague

Miami at Kansas City Royals, 2:10 ET
        Turner: Marlins 1-8 SU in Turner's last nine road starts
        Santana: Under is 9-3 when Santana starts at home in 2013

Baltimore at Arizona, 3:40 ET MLB
        Tillman: Orioles 6-2 SU in last eight getaway day games on the road
        Corbin: Under is 10-3 when Corbin starts at home in 2013

Milwaukee at Texas, 8:05 ET MLB
        Thornburg: Brewers 3-16 SU in final game of a road series in 2013
        Garza: Under is 6-2 in 2013 when Rangers are a home favorite of more than -200

Comment

1:10 PM
          CLEVELAND vs. MINNESOTA
          The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Cleveland's last 5 games when playing Minnesota
          Cleveland is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Minnesota
          Minnesota is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Cleveland
          Minnesota is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games when playing at home against Cleveland

2:10 PM
          MIAMI vs. KANSAS CITY
          The total has gone UNDER in 18 of Miami's last 25 games
          The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Miami's last 16 games on the road
          Kansas City is 9-3 SU in its last 12 games at home
          Kansas City is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Miami

2:10 PM
          DETROIT vs. CHI WHITE SOX
          The total has gone OVER in 5 of Detroit's last 7 games on the road
          Detroit is 17-5 SU in its last 22 games
          The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chi White Sox's last 5 games when playing Detroit
          Chi White Sox are 7-16 SU in their last 23 games when playing Detroit

2:20 PM
          CINCINNATI vs. CHI CUBS
          The total has gone OVER in 7 of Cincinnati's last 9 games when playing on the road against Chi Cubs
          Cincinnati is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
          The total has gone OVER in 4 of Chi Cubs's last 6 games
          The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chi Cubs's last 5 games at home

See more trends!
          AUGUST 14, 3:10 PM
          SAN DIEGO vs. COLORADO
          San Diego is 8-16 SU in its last 24 games on the road
          San Diego is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
          Colorado is 11-4 SU in its last 15 games when playing San Diego
          The total has gone OVER in 5 of Colorado's last 6 games when playing at home against San Diego

3:40 PM
          BALTIMORE vs. ARIZONA
          Baltimore is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Arizona
          Baltimore is 1-8 SU in its last 9 games when playing Arizona
          Arizona is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games at home
          Arizona is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games when playing Baltimore

7:05 PM
          LA ANGELS vs. NY YANKEES
          LA Angels are 2-7 SU in their last 9 games
          The total has gone OVER in 9 of LA Angels's last 12 games
          The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Yankees's last 6 games
          NY Yankees are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games when playing at home against LA Angels

7:05 PM
          SAN FRANCISCO vs. WASHINGTON
          The total has gone UNDER in 9 of San Francisco's last 12 games
          San Francisco is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
          Washington is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
          Washington is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games when playing San Francisco

7:07 PM
          BOSTON vs. TORONTO
          Boston is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Toronto
          The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Boston's last 9 games when playing Toronto
          Toronto is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games at home
          The total has gone OVER in 8 of Toronto's last 12 games

7:10 PM
          PHILADELPHIA vs. ATLANTA
          Philadelphia is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Atlanta
          The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Philadelphia's last 5 games when playing Atlanta
          Atlanta is 16-2 SU in its last 18 games
          The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Atlanta's last 5 games

7:10 PM
          SEATTLE vs. TAMPA BAY
          Seattle is 4-12 SU in its last 16 games when playing on the road against Tampa Bay
          The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Seattle's last 5 games when playing on the road against Tampa Bay
          The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Tampa Bay's last 12 games at home
          Tampa Bay is 14-4 SU in its last 18 games at home

8:05 PM
          MILWAUKEE vs. TEXAS
          The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Milwaukee's last 10 games on the road
          Milwaukee is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games on the road
          The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Texas's last 6 games when playing Milwaukee
          The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Texas's last 7 games at home

8:15 PM
          PITTSBURGH vs. ST. LOUIS
          The total has gone OVER in 6 of Pittsburgh's last 9 games when playing St. Louis
          Pittsburgh is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games when playing St. Louis
          St. Louis is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games at home
          St. Louis is 13-6 SU in its last 19 games at home

10:05 PM
          HOUSTON vs. OAKLAND
          The total has gone OVER in 5 of Houston's last 7 games
          Houston is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Oakland
          Oakland is 13-2 SU in its last 15 games when playing Houston
          Oakland is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing at home against Houston

10:10 PM
          NY METS vs. LA DODGERS
          NY Mets are 2-5 SU in its last 7 games on the road
          The total has gone UNDER in 10 of NY Mets's last 14 games
          LA Dodgers are 8-1 SU in their last 9 games when playing NY Mets
          The total has gone OVER in 6 of LA Dodgers's last 9 games when playing NY Mets

Comment

MLB Odds and Picks – Streaking Dodgers take on Mets on card full of heavy favorites
            By: The Linemakers
            Sportingnews.com

Wednesday's baseball card is a tough one to tackle at first glance. Four of the games have favorites of -230 or higher and two others have favorites of -170 or higher, one of which is the red-hot Dodgers, who are on a seven-game win streak and are sending Chris Capuano to the mound against the Mets and Dillon Gee.

Under normal circumstances, the Mets would be a play behind Gee (8-8, 3,82 ERA), and it wouldn't take +155 to entice the action. Gee has been sensational lately, with a 1.53 ERA over his past five starts. Even though he's only 2-1 in those games and hasn't gotten much support from the Mets' bats, he's still a live dog.

When looking at Capuano's record against the Mets over his career, things look even better for New York at plus-money today. He's gone 1-5 with a 5.53 ERA in seven starts against them.

However, the broader picture suggests it's almost impossible to walk up to the bet window with hard-earned cash and feel confident about betting the Mets today – the Dodgers have been so dominant of late, winning 39 of their last 47 games. They just haven’t been losing .... not even behind Capuano.

Capuano is 4-6 with a 4.50 ERA on the season, but the Dodgers have won all five of his most recent starts, and he’s 2-0 with a 3.21 ERA over that stretch. In three of those starts, Capuano held his opponents scoreless. Even when he's bad – like he was on Friday against the Rays when he gave up six runs in 4 2/3 innings – he's been bailed out. The Dodgers came back to win that game, 7-6.

However, there looks to be an opportunity with the total in this game, which is set at 7 OVER -125. Between Capuano coming back to reality a bit and Gee losing his only two starts at Dodger Stadium, allowing 10 runs in 11 2/3 innings, expecting more than seven runs between the two seems like the best way to go.

Going back to the Bucs

Also on today’s slate, we have the Pirates on a four-game losing streak, dropping the first game of their critical series at Busch Stadium last night, 4-3, in 14 innings. Francisco Liriano comes off a game where he got blasted at Colorado, allowing 10 runs in 2 1/3 innings, which shot his season ERA up from 2.02 to 2.81.

It's only one game, but the Cardinals do have the momentum after such a big win last night. Couple that with the Bucs’ losing streak, and it gets harder to back Pittsburgh.

But Liriano's July 29 start against the Cardinals lingers. He was brilliant in a 9-2 win, in which he allowed only one run and four hits and struck out eight over seven innings.

Liriano has gotten a decision in all 17 of his starts this season, going 12-5 overall and 7-2 in his past nine. We look for him to bounce back with a good outing today, and we chalk up his last start as one of those goofy things that happens occasionally at Coors Field.

Wednesday's selections:

Dodgers/Mets OVER 7 (-125)

Pirates (Liriano) +116 at Cardinals

Angels (Weaver) +115 at Yankees

Second-half record: 47-39 (+1,077)

Comment

Wednesday's Top Action
              By Kevin Rogers
              VegasInsider.com

Giants at Nationals

Probables: T. Lincecum (6-11, 4.18 ERA) vs. J. Zimmermann (13-6, 3.10 ERA)

Series recap: In a game that involved a lengthy rain delay, Washington held off San Francisco, 4-2 as $1.30 home favorites on Tuesday. Both starting pitchers, Gio Gonzalez and Madison Bumgarner were removed after just four innings due to the delay, leaving each bullpen to take control of the final five innings.

Current trends: San Francisco's struggles continue with a 3-7 record the last 10 games, while cashing the 'under' in five straight road contests. After getting swept by the Braves, the Nationals have quietly won four in a row, while Washington has now split four games with San Francisco this season.

Angels at Yankees

Probables: J. Weaver (7-5, 2.87 ERA) vs. I. Nova (5-4, 2.93 ERA)

Series recap: New York's bats came alive in Tuesday's 14-7 home triumph as $1.50 favorites. The Yankees capitalized off a 2-1 victory on Monday to score at least eight runs in a home game for the first time this season in last night's win.

Current trends: The Angels have dropped seven of their last nine overall, while posting an ugly 2-9 record the previous 11 road contests. The Yankees are heating up at home with victories in five of their last six in the Bronx, while New York is 3-1 in its previous four home Game 3's of a series.

Red Sox at Blue Jays

Probables: J. Lester (10-7, 4.37 ERA) vs. E. Rogers (3-7, 5.12 ERA)

Series recap: Boston bounced back after dropping three of four at Kansas City by holding off Toronto in the series opener, 4-2 in extra innings. The Red Sox cashed as road 'chalk,' while beating the Blue Jays for the fourth time in the last five meetings.

Current trends: Boston has split each of the last eight games, as the 'under' has cashed in four of the past five contests. The Jays are stumbling of late with losses in five of the previous six games, while posting a 2-5 record the last seven home contests.

Phillies at Braves

Probables: J. Lannan (3-5, 4.81 ERA) vs. B. Beachy (1-0, 5.00 ERA)

Series recap: Atlanta rebounded from an ugly loss on Monday to Philadelphia with a 3-1 triumph last night as heavy home favorites. The Braves improved to 6-2 in the last eight matchups with the Phillies, while hitting the fourth straight 'under' in the series.

Current trends: The Phillies are riding a disastrous 1-12 stretch on the highway, with 10 of those defeats coming by at least two runs. The Braves have cashed the 'under' in eight of the last 10 games, while winning 16 of the last 18 games overall.

Mariners at Rays

Probables: A. Harang (5-10, 5.79 ERA) vs. D. Price (6-5, 3.17 ERA)

Series recap: Seattle shocked Tampa Bay on Tuesday night, 5-4 to come through as $1.65 road underdogs. Tampa Bay's struggles continued with its sixth consecutive loss, while allowing 40 runs during this skid.

Current trends: The Mariners have won three straight as a road 'dog of at least +160, while hitting the 'over' in five of the last six games overall. Last night's 'over' snapped an 11-game streak of 'unders' for the Rays at Tropicana Field, while Tampa Bay has lost four straight games in the favorite role.

Brewers at Rangers

Probables: T. Thornburg (1-0, 1.72 ERA) vs. M. Garza (2-1, 3.38 ERA)

Series recap: Texas' eight-game winning streak came to a halt against Milwaukee, 5-1 on Tuesday. The Brewers continued to hold their own since Ryan Braun's suspension by winning their fifth road game in eight tries, while cashing as nearly $2.00 underdogs last night.

Current trends: Extending things to late July, Milwaukee has won eight of its past 12 games away from Miller Park. Despite last night's hiccup, the Rangers are riding a 13-2 stretch since getting swept at Cleveland three weeks ago.

Pirates at Cardinals

Probables: F. Liriano (12-5, 2.83 ERA) vs. S. Miller (11-7, 2.89 ERA)

Series recap: St. Louis definitely grabbed a game it probably should have lost on Tuesday by rallying in extra innings, 4-3. A dropped fly ball on a sure out by Pirates' left fielder Starling Marte kept the door open for the Cards in the ninth inning, eventually tying the game. After losing four straight games at PNC Park, the Cards have won back-to-back games against the Pirates.

Current trends: The Pirates are in the midst of a four-game skid, while losing four straight road games for the first time this season. The Cardinals are seeking their first three-game winning streak since late July, while hitting the 'under' in three consecutive games against left-handed starting pitchers.

Comment

Diamond Trends - Wednesday
                By Vince Akins
                VegasInsider.com

SU TREND OF THE DAY:

The Indians are 10-0 since May 17, 2011 as a road favorite it is the last game of the series for a net profit of $1000.

OU TREND OF THE DAY:

The Rangers are 0-11 OU since April 02, 2013 as a 140+ favorite when they are off a loss in which they had at least three times as many hits as runs for a net profit of $1100 when playing the under.

PITCHER TREND OF THE DAY:

When Jorge De La Rosa starts the Rockies are 10-0 since July 25, 2009 as a favorite when the team is seeking immediate revenge for a loss as a favorite for a net profit of $1000.

MLB BIBLE ACTIVE TREND:

The Brewers are 0-13 (+$1,300) in database history as a 200+ dog with a total of at least eight.

ACTIVE TRENDS:

The Orioles are 8-0 since August 04, 2012 as a dog after a loss in which they allowed 1 or fewer walks for a net profit of $1118.

The Brewers are 0-12 since April 09, 2013 on the road after a win it is the last game of the series for a net profit of $1228 when playing against.

Comment

Working...
                X